News Karl Amon signs a three year deal to stay at Port

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure there are too many people on this board who don't owe Karl an apology TBH. It's pretty much just Macca19.
Nobody should apologise. If someone plays badly they should be criticised, if they play well you credit them.

Leaveit2charlie

Club Legend
Jan 29, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
im sceptical still on Amon.
has his good and bad games....
I dont want it to be a contract year type of performance.

Tough few weeks coming up. Karlos needs to not go missing if things are going south to prove he's turned the corner.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He is playing for his career, but so are all the players really, especially fringe players, so nothing wrong with that. What impresses me is that from day 1, he went Bang this season, and besides the injury, he hasnt missed a beat - In fact getting better each game, to the point that he is getting midfield time now.

We all knew he had it in him, but he has gained something extra this year ... IMO it has something to do with more than just "contract" related improvement. I reckon its the direct influence of Schofield as his line coach.
Honestly I didnt know he had it in him.

I knew he had the pototential to be a decent outside winger who's positives made up for what he lacked on the inside.

I didn't ever expect to see him winning the ball on the inside, breaking tackles, sticking tackles and backing back into packs.

It is not a development you see often. Most players who don't have it never develop it.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

morell

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2006
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not sure there are too many people on this board who don't owe Karl an apology TBH. It's pretty much just Macca19.
Yep. I'm in that queue as well. He was abjectly soft.

Our friend LP7 has been particularly vitriolic though. To the point that when Karl does something good the people around us often turn and make sure LP has seen it.

This board goes well beyond criticism more often than not.
Because we've been terrible for ages. If we were dominating and playing a great brand of footy for ages we'd be doing cartwheels.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Amon has improved some aspects of his game. He has reduced the clanger kicks this year, is going in harder and getting more of the ball since he came back into the side after going out injured after Rd 2.

Story was that we shopped him around in trade week but there was no takers, so as he was contracted we kept him. Might have been the wake up call he needed to improve. I want to see how he goes over the next few weeks when its wet and cold before i say give him a 2 year contract.
I admire a man who can take honest criticism and decide to take it on board and work on his faults rather than one who acts like a Prima Donna and just sooks.
Plus did Karl have some niggling injuries last year?

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I thought he wanted to leave? anyway we might get a taker next time, I'm still not convinced with Karlos.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
* we really need to resign this bloke. Give him something to do over his suspension :p

I can understand people taking a while to come around but if you haven't come around after that game then I don't know what to tell you. Just played the game of his life. Sign him up tomorrow.

I can understand people taking a while to come around but if you haven't come around after that game then I don't know what to tell you. Just played the game of his life. Sign him up tomorrow.
NOTE TO CHRIS DAVIES: Keep the duration sensible

Kiss from a Rozee

Goddess
Bring Back the Bars
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I reckon there is zero chance he re-signs given he has tried to leave the past two off-seasons

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
I reckon there is zero chance he re-signs given he has tried to leave the past two off-seasons

And for the first time he has more trade currency than a future 4th rounder.

jakey

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
As I posted in the review thread:

Amon becoming an absolute blue chip HFF. Hard. 23 touches. 5 tackles. Second most pressure acts, 78% DE. Second most i50s. Second most score involvements behind danger. Smashed most metres gained at 620. Hell of a game and starting to become the norm for him.

davo999

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Aldinga Beach
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It’s almost like it’s finally sunk in the intensity he needs if he’s going to stay on an AFL list . Now that he’s seemingly done that and with the speed and kick that he’s got , if can get that little bit cleaner in close he’ll be a really good asset . I’d give him a one or two year deal from what he’s shown this year for sure

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Don't deal with Hawthorn please. Anyone but them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back