News Karl Amon signs a three year deal to stay at Port

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't deal with Hawthorn please. Anyone but them.
Does it matter? FWIW they seem to trade fairly, we might get another Burton equivalent. I hear that their new player Wingard might be available cheaply next year.

PJ Power

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 13, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I can understand people taking a while to come around but if you haven't come around after that game then I don't know what to tell you. Just played the game of his life. Sign him up tomorrow.
It was a complete game. Hard running, solid over the ball, some terrific chases, loved his punching the ball our way on numerous occasions, great overlap run.
If this is to become his usual standard, I want him to be a one club player.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Why do you want him to resign?

Because he's too valuable to be delisted. We could easily get something back in a trade or just keep playing him.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
There's a bit of hyperbole in this thread but he's definitely filled the hole that Polec left quite admirably, not to mention unexpectedly.

I'm not sure how much of his trade request last year was him wanting to leave vs the club wanting to offload him. I wouldn't give up on his signature just yet.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
But you said you want him to resign.

I didn't think you could trade players who's contract was expiring? Or more importantly that player can exercise their right to leave and leave us with nothing.

Feb 7, 2014
reynella
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea FC , Boston Red Sox/celtics
There's a bit of hyperbole in this thread but he's definitely filled the hole that Polec left quite admirably, not to mention unexpectedly.

I'm not sure how much of his trade request last year was him wanting to leave vs the club wanting to offload him. I wouldn't give up on his signature just yet.

Not as good offensively as polec , but way better defensively and he doesn't want it selfishly like polec as well

I didn't think you could trade players who's contract was expiring? Or more importantly that player can exercise their right to leave and leave us with nothing.
Mate I think you mean re-sign, not resign! haha

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Does it matter? FWIW they seem to trade fairly, we might get another Burton equivalent. I hear that their new player Wingard might be available cheaply next year.

We wouldn't be getting a player the same quality as Burton but they would need to cough up.

m8. 'Re-sign'. Not resign.

Side note, whoever came up with the word 'resign' is a moron.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1

It Just Is

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2012
On cloud 9
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Can suck it!
His kick to Sam Gray that pierced the Geelong defence was a thing of beauty.

Preseason I thought we’d see Mayes, Westhoff, Motlop and maybe a little bit of Watts playing on the wings. Half a year in we seem to have found two quality longterm wingman in he and Duursma.

C2703475-8589-4E7A-9FE0-5E2170ED2D44.jpeg

#dhoarrr

I reckon he's a bit better than that. Good ordinary players don't use the ball as well as he does.
Most footballers are good ordinary footballers, ie 1 standard deviation from the mean, covers 68% of registered players. Karl has now become that type of footballer rather than just a below average players with a nice kick.

StrappingTape

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I reckon he's a bit better than that. Good ordinary players don't use the ball as well as he does.

He still doesn't use it well, constantly misses targets still but he isn't missing by as much this year which correlates to him getting more on target too. Like the rest of his game he has shrunk the edges in so everything's better.

In saying that I would still trade him or let him go. We want to build a premiership list, I don't see him in a premiership 22 in his current role at least. I reckon he would go well a Carlton where they need someone like him for next eight years feeding off Cripps and co or a team with a high percentage of games at the dome where the length of his kick increases his value again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back