News Karl Amon signs a three year deal to stay at Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He’s just so bloody competent in so many aspects now. Clean hands with minimal fumbling, decisive handball, scything kicking, great run and overlap, straightlining the ball, tackling when he needs to, running to the aid of teammates during scuffles, great decision making.

Love what he’s doing.

Keep him Port, keep him.

Deserves massive praise for how he plays the game now.

So composed, has time when he gets the ball, very good decision maker, dangerous by hand and foot and plays with a touch of aggression too.

Well done, Karl. Right up there with players that can have a positive influence on the outcome of a game by his efforts alone. Is playing very, very good footy.

He’s figured out AFL football
Something has clicked.

Just pops up constantly on the spread, linking through from defence to the half forward line. Now he's developed this physical aspect to his game you can see how this confidence has translated to every part of his game.. seeing him duck and weave through tackles was a thing of beauty.

With Duursma's addition we now have two super dangerous runners to cover whatever we lost when Polec shipped out (and two sided ones at that!)

... Now he's developed this physical aspect to his game you can see how this confidence has translated to every part of his game.. seeing him duck and weave through tackles was a thing of beauty. ...
There was a play on Saturday night when we were kicking to the southern end were he received a handball at the back of the square with two Crows bearing down on him and he didn't panic but ducked and weaved/spun out of the tackle and launched another attack down the corridor.

Showed great maturity and confidence in his ability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His form gives me a lot of hope for the future for Riley Bonner. If Amon can turn his career around so rapidly, Riley certainly has the talent to do the same. Despite his flaws he's already a better player than pre-2019 Amon ever was.

His form gives me a lot of hope for the future for Riley Bonner. If Amon can turn his career around so rapidly, Riley certainly has the talent to do the same. Despite his flaws he's already a better player than pre-2019 Amon ever was.

Was saying this the other day...

It's that magical 50-70 game mark.

Whilst he’s done a complete 180, jury is still out. It being a contract year, hopefully if he signs an extension he can back it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wiser heads than mine say 50 games give or take, tells you whether a player’s got it or not. Watched Karl closely at our 1st open training session and sheeesh he looked very cocky. Oozed self confidence. I’ve always been in his corner and seeing how confident he was that day gave me great hope.

I luv seeing arrogance in our players. He knows he’s a great kick. Pretty quick over the ground too. Spend the money Ports and give a very good 3yr deal.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Yes please.

It's gotten to the stage you just love it when he's got the ball, and he's stepped up the defensive side to his game as well. And getting suspended? Sheesh none of us saw that coming. Can't condone rough play, but I'm going to anyway :thumbsu:

Wiser heads than mine say 50games give it take tells you whether a player’s got it or not. Watched Karl closely at our 1st open training session and sheeesh he looked very cocky. Oozed self confidence. I’ve always been in his corner and seeing how confident he was that day gave me great hope.

I luv seeing arrogance in our players. He knows he’s a great kick. Pretty quick over the ground too. Spend the money Ports and give a very good 3yr deal.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I remember Karlos jumping over packs and taking hangers for the Maggies in his first season on the list, including one absolute ripper in the goal square at the bowling club end at Alberton, and thinking at the time that this kid is going to be ok.
It has taken a bit longer than I expected, but as others have already suggested some players need to get to the 50 plus game mark to believe they belong at the higher level.

We all wanted him gone last year ... but want to keep him now!

Question is ... Where does he stand on the issue! Apparently both him & the club looked to move him on last year, but had no takers. So has the die been cast? Can the club and him come to a new agreement? I really hope so! IMO his form this year has been as good, if not better than Polec is producing at North. Certainly his aggression and inside game is much better than Polec's, and his evasive skills, decision-making, and ball movement have gone to another level.

Kudos to both him, and to Schofield.

Sign him up Port!

Amazing change. Has been the perennial star in preseason, but the perennial underachiever when it counted.

Not this year. Has turned up the toughness meter by 25% and it has made all the difference. It is not just the last month either- pre injury he was fantastic, post injury at the Maggies he was fantastic and the last month he has been fantastic.

Could command a 3 year contract now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back