No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

One of the finest cokeheads in the AFL.

And let's be honest, he possibly wouldn't be the only one at the club.

I'm more opposed to Bennell because he's an idiot. Anybody AFL player stupid enough to get photographed snorting lines of coke is a moron. His stupidity is 100 times more offensive to me than his issues with drugs.

“I would love to go home but I don’t how you face your mate and say, ‘I’ve been here with you for six years but, you know, I’m missing home and I’m not quite there’ ... I just don’t know if I could do that. I just love the blokes.

“You know, football is your life. Everything you do is together. You get sprayed by the coach in front of everyone and your mates come and pick you back up. Everyone is in it for each other. Could you get passionate at another club? Maybe, but I couldn’t trust it.’’

Dangerfield is a footy romantic. He remembers arriving as an 18-year-old, and others turning up. He remembers Sloane arriving. He remembers the pre-season heartaches. The growing together and eventually their triumphs together. He loves the stories and banter among the group, stories which can only be told if you’re there.

If he left for another club, those stories would be lost. There’d be new friends, different stories, and perhaps even greater triumphs, but it wouldn’t be the same.

And Dangerfield’s football world isn’t just about players. He knows the players’ parents and wives and girlfriends. He likes to know everyone, hear their stories and their backgrounds. “I love knowing all these people, it’s a great feeling knowing all these people, just the camaraderie, not just among the players but among the parents and it’s an awesome feeling’’ he said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointed Danger's leaving, but he's handled it well. Faced the players and didn't do it by text, didn't call the club at the airport to say he's going, and he's played committed to the club until the end. Couldn't ask more of the guy who probably knew some time ago he was leaving.

One question though, if we boo him next year, does that make us racist :D

Bennell simply must be in the mix. We need to make a statement here as a club.

Who cares if he has epilepsy....ermmm....I mean a possible affiliation to recreational powder. The right people at the right club, and we all know what that could produce. If it doesn't work out, then lick your wounds, if it does, then we have an elite midfielder running around with us for the next 7-8 years.

“I would love to go home but I don’t how you face your mate and say, ‘I’ve been here with you for six years but, you know, I’m missing home and I’m not quite there’ ... I just don’t know if I could do that. I just love the blokes."

Something's obviously changed in the last year. Not sure whether it's Danger or another factor

Bennell simply must be in the mix. We need to make a statement here as a club.

Who cares if he has epilepsy....ermmm....I mean a possible affiliation to recreational powder. The right people at the right club, and we all know what that could produce. If it doesn't work out, then lick your wounds, if it does, then we have an elite midfielder running around with us for the next 7-8 years.

Worth a crack at straightening him out.

How about you step forward now you spineless show pony and be honest about how long ago you agreed to terms?

Has been done for months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back