• I can’t even....

Votes: 52 62.7%
  • I can.

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • #wooshatocarlton

Votes: 18 21.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't even be bothered looking up if there been a worst round than this in history of the league.
Thankfully not watched too much of it yet. I heard on radio in car Demons kicked last four goals of game v Pies but was way over earlier so if that the most inspiring game for round so far, it been a stinker if you sat in front of tv in middle of cold winter, hoping to watch a few good games.

I am sure at least one game will be close tomorrow as can't all be stinkers.

What the fu** are you on about?

Every media outlet and newspaper has bagged out Ross Lyon and his tactics.

People bag out ross lyon and his low scores....

Tonight.... was a good night. A darn pity essendon had to kick 3 goals late in the last quarter. North kicked 1 goal tonight.

I'm not even sure what 'Can't Even' means? Can't even finish a sentence? Is that what it means? A more annoying phrase than when people say 'I could care less.'
I think pretty much means "can't even find the words to find the words". Its far less annoying than "I could care less", which as David Mitchell clearly gets across conveys the exact opposite of the intended meaning; and also less annoying than "could of".

As for the actual games, I didn't see Essendon. The North one was bizarre, in that there seemed a few unmissable opportunites where players just didn't pull the trigger or managed a miss. Actual play for the first half at least was in geelong's favour but not overly so. North just didn't have an answer to the way geelong set up in the back 65 metres or so. One too many talls up forward perhaps, maybe Wood could have dropped back when Thompson was off although defensively he's not that great. The way Geelong set up, even if North hadn't fluffed the few opportunities they got it would have been five goals max unless there were some miracle shots.
On that ground, on the night, Geelong were simply far too good for a mid-table (at best) team who have played far worse matches at times this year. They got the important frees when the game was still not won, but that made no difference in the end result.

Obscure I know; Any idea what the modern record for a round's lowest highest losing total is? After 6 games Sydney's 56 is the best losing score, which I imagine might be the lowest for quite some time, but I have no idea how to look that up!

Tune in this afternoon to the AFL's jewel in the crazy s**t crown: StK vs Freo
Amazeballs due to be in the totes region.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back