Mod. Notice READ ME: Essendon VFL Forum- Welcome!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello all,

As has been mooted for a little while, we've created this sub-board to give the Essendon VFL side the space and coverage they deserve as an arm of our great club.

This board will be something of a work in progress, as at the time of writing of this post, there's still a fair bit of stuff in relation to the team that is to be finalised- lists are not final at this point, and nor has the fixture for 2014 been announced. Obviously, as these come to hand we'll add the relevant information- player threads for the VFL exclusive players, for example.

As has also been mooted, at this stage this board will function as an 'archive' of sorts- with each passing week, discussion of the upcoming game will be in a dedicated thread that will be housed on the main Essendon board, and then at the conclusion of that game, it will be moved to the sub-forum.

Having dedicated threads for each game will serve to streamline information much better than having one big mega-thread, as was the case in 2013, and will also help make searching for information about each game much easier. We're aware of the problem of generating activity on sub-boards, and we believe this hybrid model will work best. For the time being, anyhow.

As the board is obviously is in its infancy, we welcome feedback and suggestions as we get everything in place. If you have a suggestion, please contact one of the mods and we'll discuss it. Additionally, if you have something else to contribute- whether that be footage, player reviews or something else, don't hold back. We want this to be a board driven thing as we build this from the ground up- the more the merrier.

Hopefully the BF EFC community will help make our VFL team really fit within the 'whole' a lot better, as I believe the club is trying to do also.

It is going to be very important moving forward to have our own 'development' squad in the VFL and hopefully watch our own 'homegrown' talent grow into great AFL players.. not to mention having their own team identity and success.

Well done Mod Team.. I think this will work perfectly!

Cheers, guys.

Based on our 2013 playing list (which is definitely still subject to change), I've created player threads for each of our VFL listed players. A couple are missing pictures as I was unable to find any- feel free to add if you're in possession of any, it was something of a rushed job on my behalf.

Please contribute knowledge and views about the players in their respective threads, also!

I've finally got around to updating the player threads; stamping the ones of players who are no longer playing for the VFL side as such, and creating new ones for players who weren't at Essendon in 2013.

If anyone spots any errors, please point them out. The new threads I created are very short on detail; additional meat to put on the bones would be much appreciated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back