Ready to pop

Remove this Banner Ad

Paracleet

Emotion is not going to get the job done..
Jun 30, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
One of the teams below is us in round 8 against the Hawks and the other is another also in round 8, but 2020. Guess who? (Both home sides obviously).

Teams with a lot of players in that 50 to 99 game bracket are generally close to starting on big things (IMO). If you glance through the sides atm that demographic profile fits us, Gold Coast and Adelaide. (Of the three I think we bad deepest in high end talent). By the end of next season we should be in a position where a good 3/4 of our full strength side will be 75 AFL games plus. I.E. no reason we shouldn't be challenging as soon as next year.

Untitled.png

Equally when we have been saying recently 'we're the least experienced this round' it's not really true from a certain point of view since we aren't playing anywhere near as many players with sub 30 games as say West Coast or even North*. Last week against the Hawks for instance we had 4 and they had 9!

*Man their fans are going to have a long couple of years more.

I’m very bullish on 2025+ for the reasons you’re highlighting.

My concern for next year is that our key forwards are right down the bottom of that profile - 11, 22 and 61 games for JA, JT and LJ respectively. I want it to happen in 2024, but don’t think Amiss and Treacy will be mature enough by then, even 2025 is a stretch.

Significantly older. They'll probably hang around the top for several more years off of the midfield, but their top end suggests they should strike soon.

Pickett (21), Oliver (25), Petracca (27), Lever (27), Gawn (31) and May (31)
Nah I was asking whether that second team in round 8 2020 was the Dees. And it seems it was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back