Real Madrid FC - Where has it all gone wrong?

Cruyff14

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Nope, was far from Barcelona's best this year. Was dwarfed in the UCL, disappeared in another international final, got lost in Casemeiro's pocket in El Clasico, dwarfed by Suarez in La Liga. But the love continues, he will probably come second though shouldn't be ahead of Griezmann, Suarez or Bale. I predict he will def finish ahead of Suarez and Bale but Griezmann is a strong chance to break the ten year top 2 domination and Messi will fall first.
Oh, I thought he was good (off the top of my head - haven't checked numbers).

He was very good at La Copa overall though.

Griezmann definitely deserves to be there. Bale will go deep too I agree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, Liverpool, Victory
Thread starter #712
This isn't down to the manager. Ronaldo is unable to lead the line any longer. Benzema is past it and even the likes of Bale are constantly injured. Last time Ronaldo was dropped he started a player revolt - will be interesting to see if Zizou drops him and how he deals with him. Realistically Real need to replace Ronaldo & Benzema this summer plus the likes of Bale / Modric.

AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Hawthorn
In May this Madrid team seemed to be one of the best ever. Zidane looked untouchable. As ruthless as owners can be nowadays, it'd be unwise to sack the manager after a (relatively speaking) short run of poor form.

typeclub

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
St Kilda
I thought this was a new thread this morning. I see it is over two years old and I must say, a phenomenal effort on Zidane’s part (the TC, not the football manager) that Real Madrid have won 2 Champions League and 1 La Liga since the topic was started.
Lol its gold if you read over it.

The same people are getting pretty excited again over a form slump.

typeclub

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
St Kilda
This isn't down to the manager. Ronaldo is unable to lead the line any longer. Benzema is past it and even the likes of Bale are constantly injured. Last time Ronaldo was dropped he started a player revolt - will be interesting to see if Zizou drops him and how he deals with him. Realistically Real need to replace Ronaldo & Benzema this summer plus the likes of Bale / Modric.
The top scorer in the CL for the last 5 seasons in a row, winning 3 titles. Can no longer lead the line. He even wins for Portugal.

This is most likely Zidane's managerial abilities. Not giving enough game time to Morata and James before we lost them

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Thread starter #719
The top scorer in the CL for the last 5 seasons in a row, winning 3 titles. Can no longer lead the line. He even wins for Portugal.

This is most likely Zidane's managerial abilities. Not giving enough game time to Morata and James before we lost them
That's in the past. CR7 is 33 next year, he just isn't the same player he used to be even if he believes he still is. Benzema being past it also doesn't help.

charcoalchicken

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
As others have said, zidane is in some trouble even though it could just be a mini form slump, if he can't turn things around and quickly he'll be out the door, ridiculous amount of pressure on the manager at those top clubs.

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Thread starter #722
CR7, Bale, Benzema, Modric, Ramos & co just aren't up to it any longer. RM need a huge clearly at seasons end. Problem is so do Barca over the next couple of years so will be interesting to see what happens in the transfer market.

peppy la pew

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Cobblers who do the Cobbling
Wasn't there talk of a player swap involved in a deal with Spurs earlier in the year, Bale goes home while Kane off to Spain ?

Ronaldo has always carried on like a spoilt pratt whenever things don't go his own way, sulks because he doesn't feel loved, primadonna of the highest order who's best is past him. They should've offed him last year while he had decent currency

Let Zidane rebuild

Top Bottom