Real Madrid FC - Where has it all gone wrong?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
What is wrong with Real Madrid? Out of the Champions League and clearly second best in La Liga. 1 League title in 7 seasons now despite signing the very best footballers money can buy.

Should Ancelotti go? Or are the players responsible for the failure of the team with some like Ronaldo clearly playing for themselves?

typeclub your thoughts please. You must be devastated by what you have seen from Real Madrid this season.

I think the biggest eye opener for me this season (not sure if its always been the case) but just seeing some of the treatment the 'fans' have given their players. Off the top of my head Ronaldo, Casillas and Bale have all been subjected to booing and jeering from the fans. Ronaldo and Casillas in particular have both given the club great service so it's pretty disappointing (IMO) to see them both being heckled at times.

Some of the comments on social media I've seen aren't what you would expect of a genuine fan too IMO. Maybe the players have underperformed at times (I don't follow La Liga enough to make a comment on that aspect) but they are still supreme/world class talents that just about any other club in the rest of the world would dearly love to have playing for them. It's not like we're talking about Sunday League quality players here...

Not sure if its a club cultural thing ingrained throughout the fanbase but it's just a shame because the fans can be some of the most impressive in the game too when they want to be (as seen in this morning's tie).

28A2EAD000000578-0-image-a-13_1431544382284.jpg

As stupid as it sounds they need to completely rebuild the team, way too many selfish players.

Isco, Modric, Varane, Marcelo, Khedira, Carvajal, James, Kroos. Keep those and start again. And Ronaldo, even though he's an arrogant campaigner.

But they'll just throw more money at the problem, buy Pogba and some other shiny new toy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

everything.

a president who cares more about his image than the team, way too many egos, a team that lacks balance, and a manager who is always just a perez puppet, time after time, and fans who are genuinely the worst in world football.

this is what happens when a manager isn't allowed to build a team, they just get given a bunch of toys to play with, and no time to put them together. other clubs have been guilty of this, but this has been madrid's policy for at least 15 years.

Ronaldo demands the ball quite often but I think people are mistaken when they accuse him of an ego problem, granted he loves himself a bit and lashes out at team mates for not passing to him but that desire for the ball and self confidence are why he's so good at what he does.

I just think it's vastly over hyped in the media how much of an arrogant campaigner he is because people are willing to believe it. When you listen to the testimonies of his former team mates at United and the coaches who worked with him at United and Sporting they all describe him as a model professional and a really charismatic character.

Ronaldo demands the ball quite often but I think people are mistaken when they accuse him of an ego problem, granted he loves himself a bit and lashes out at team mates for not passing to him but that desire for the ball and self confidence are why he's so good at what he does.

I just think it's vastly over hyped in the media how much of an arrogant campaigner he is because people are willing to believe it. When you listen to the testimonies of his former team mates at United and the coaches who worked with him at United and Sporting they all describe him as a model professional and a really charismatic character.
How do I put it ...

People love to make excuses for Ronaldo being a complete campaigner on the pitch, as if he's just so much more driven than any other player to have ever lived. No, he's not. Other players just care more about playing for the team than personal glory and stat padding with penalties and tap ins.

Yes but I'm saying it's over rated how much of an issue it is, I also don't see much wrong with lashing out at his team mates after not passing TBH as that hunger is why he's so good. My point is that you'll often get sensationalist headlines suggesting something of supreme arrogance from the man and the actual article will have a quote about how he feels he deserves his success because he works hard for it, and you get comment after comment of people crucifying him, when really what he sad isn't even bad. Then the same people worship Zlatan on articles glorifying his arrogance.

It just fits the narrative for Ronaldo to be the bad guy, the way he carried on and dived earlier in his United days sort of set it up IMO but he's matured a lot since then, but when the media keep pushing this negative image of him people will lap it up. All the talk about Messi carrying on behind the scenes at Barca and trying to stir up trouble is something you would never see Ronaldo accused of but he's still the one everyone thinks has an ego problem.

They won the Copa del Rey and Champions League 12 months ago. They took out the Super Cup & CWC and were on track to take out the league this season until falling in a bit of a hole, and they're still comfortably second. And they were only a whisker away from qualifying for another CL Final this morning.

You can't win everything every season. 99% of clubs would dream of that ^ sort of situation.

Other players just care more about playing for the team than personal glory and stat padding with penalties and tap ins.

I've just never understood why Ronaldo's detractors always spout this line of propaganda, I've seen the same argument made about plenty of players and I just don't get it. Who doesn't want to score? Why are tap ins any less of a goal than an 18 yarder? I can understand the criticism of penalty goals even if I don't agree but not tap ins, it's a strikers job to score, who cares how they do it?

Yes but I'm saying it's over rated how much of an issue it is, I also don't see much wrong with lashing out at his team mates after not passing TBH as that hunger is why he's so good. My point is that you'll often get sensationalist headlines suggesting something of supreme arrogance from the man and the actual article will have a quote about how he feels he deserves his success because he works hard for it, and you get comment after comment of people crucifying him, when really what he sad isn't even bad. Then the same people worship Zlatan on articles glorifying his arrogance.

It just fits the narrative for Ronaldo to be the bad guy, the way he carried on and dived earlier in his United days sort of set it up IMO but he's matured a lot since then, but when the media keep pushing this negative image of him people will lap it up. All the talk about Messi carrying on behind the scenes at Barca and trying to stir up trouble is something you would never see Ronaldo accused of but he's still the one everyone thinks has an ego problem.

a couple of years ago i would agree with this. but i think he's kind of lost the plot in his own glory ways. think jose kept him a bit more grounded than others have been able too, but now that he knows he's basically the purest definition of untouchable his extreme arrogance has returned.

I've just never understood why Ronaldo's detractors always spout this line of propaganda, I've seen the same argument made about plenty of players and I just don't get it. Who doesn't want to score? Why are tap ins any less of a goal than an 18 yarder? I can understand the criticism of penalty goals even if I don't agree but not tap ins, it's a strikers job to score, who cares how they do it?
Because it becomes detrimental to team Harmony when you have your left winger jumping in front of other players because he's got to be the one who scores the goals. And not just content with scoring them, he actually has a sook when someone else happens by some miracle to be the one to put it into the back of the net. You only have to contrast his own celebrations after scoring a goal with his actions when someone else does. He's an egotistical, selfish prick. That's all good when you're winning but it's absolutely toxic when things aren't going your way.

doesnt help when he acts like a complete cnt if he doesnt score... ala Arbeloa goal when he beat cr7 to the 'tap in'.... doesnt even celebrate arb's goal even though it was his first goal in god knows how many seasons lol

Alot of this 'failure' is on carlo.... the guy doesnt know the word rotating. plays all his starters till they're fkkked. Happened last season aswell. Ramos saved his career last season.

Alot of this 'failure' is on carlo.... the guy doesnt know the word rotating. plays all his starters till they're fkkked. Happened last season aswell. Ramos saved his career last season.

I wouldn't exactly be blaming Carlo alone. He's clearly having to start players he probably didn't even want at the club until Perez signed them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back