Real Madrid FC - Where has it all gone wrong?

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Nope, was far from Barcelona's best this year. Was dwarfed in the UCL, disappeared in another international final, got lost in Casemeiro's pocket in El Clasico, dwarfed by Suarez in La Liga. But the love continues, he will probably come second though shouldn't be ahead of Griezmann, Suarez or Bale. I predict he will def finish ahead of Suarez and Bale but Griezmann is a strong chance to break the ten year top 2 domination and Messi will fall first.
Oh, I thought he was good (off the top of my head - haven't checked numbers).

He was very good at La Copa overall though.

Griezmann definitely deserves to be there. Bale will go deep too I agree.

Antoine Griezmann: "For the Ballon D'Or it is over. Cristiano Ronaldo won the two big competitions this season."

Might also now depend on how bad Ronaldos injury is, if he is suddenly out for a few months he'll not win the award.

Doctor Bojan_

Premiership Player
May 20, 2016
#lolmou #DaretoZlatan or GTFO
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There are early reports that Ronnie has a partially torn ACL.

A highly experienced sports doctor should be able to tell whether there is any structural damage so I think it is unlikely that it is true.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
This isn't down to the manager. Ronaldo is unable to lead the line any longer. Benzema is past it and even the likes of Bale are constantly injured. Last time Ronaldo was dropped he started a player revolt - will be interesting to see if Zizou drops him and how he deals with him. Realistically Real need to replace Ronaldo & Benzema this summer plus the likes of Bale / Modric.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I thought this was a new thread this morning. I see it is over two years old and I must say, a phenomenal effort on Zidane’s part (the TC, not the football manager) that Real Madrid have won 2 Champions League and 1 La Liga since the topic was started.

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
In May this Madrid team seemed to be one of the best ever. Zidane looked untouchable. As ruthless as owners can be nowadays, it'd be unwise to sack the manager after a (relatively speaking) short run of poor form.

Sep 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Al-Nassr FC
I thought this was a new thread this morning. I see it is over two years old and I must say, a phenomenal effort on Zidane’s part (the TC, not the football manager) that Real Madrid have won 2 Champions League and 1 La Liga since the topic was started.
Lol its gold if you read over it.

The same people are getting pretty excited again over a form slump.

Sep 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Al-Nassr FC
This isn't down to the manager. Ronaldo is unable to lead the line any longer. Benzema is past it and even the likes of Bale are constantly injured. Last time Ronaldo was dropped he started a player revolt - will be interesting to see if Zizou drops him and how he deals with him. Realistically Real need to replace Ronaldo & Benzema this summer plus the likes of Bale / Modric.
The top scorer in the CL for the last 5 seasons in a row, winning 3 titles. Can no longer lead the line. He even wins for Portugal.

This is most likely Zidane's managerial abilities. Not giving enough game time to Morata and James before we lost them

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
The top scorer in the CL for the last 5 seasons in a row, winning 3 titles. Can no longer lead the line. He even wins for Portugal.

This is most likely Zidane's managerial abilities. Not giving enough game time to Morata and James before we lost them

That's in the past. CR7 is 33 next year, he just isn't the same player he used to be even if he believes he still is. Benzema being past it also doesn't help.

May 15, 2006
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Cobblers who do the Cobbling
Wasn't there talk of a player swap involved in a deal with Spurs earlier in the year, Bale goes home while Kane off to Spain ?

Ronaldo has always carried on like a spoilt pratt whenever things don't go his own way, sulks because he doesn't feel loved, primadonna of the highest order who's best is past him. They should've offed him last year while he had decent currency

Let Zidane rebuild

Back