realistic future for carlton and kangaroos

Remove this Banner Ad

Now now boys... I know you want to stick the boots in as soon as you can... but just slow down a little...

The Facts: North is half controlled by members votes and half controlled by Shareholders (by memory there are two types of shareholders and only one has voting rights)... It is true that Carlton tried to take control of North Melbourne in the late 80s early 90s and purchased 20% of the shares...

Now... stay with me here... that only represents 10% of the voting rights of my club... if you guys think that means they own part of us... feel free... but IMHO we at the club laugh at how Carlton made a $300,000 donation to our club...

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

one question... for all you bright sparks... has Carlton ever collected a dividend from their shares in the North Melbourne Football Club... I think not... in fact I know not...

So thank you Carlton... back then that was a lot of money... I think we got Wayne and Johnny for $60,000... pity we could not get 5 of each of them... Thanks again Blues...

[This message has been edited by Rooboy 96 (edited 08 September 2000).]

Originally posted by walshy1993:
they have both lost a lot of players and their lists arent getting any younger
what do u all reckon??

Who have we lost???? of any importance... I mean...

Bell who else????

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

See you next September if your heads don't explode first...

Bell's the only real loss and he's articulated his reasons adequately enough for me. Abraham has some real personal problems which are better sorted out in WA, and he had a very ordinary year. I doubt Hewitt and Kingsley would have played 40 games between them in 4 years, may have been delisted anyway. Don't forget that King and Harvey stayed for less money than thay could have received elsewhere and we may finish up with 5 of the top 20 draft picks. Looks alright to me!

North lack pace and the players they have got are getting past their prime - Stevens, Carey, Archer, McKernan, Blakey (is he ever going to retire?) and Martyn.

They are going to struggle in the next few years, no donbt about that.

Carlton in my opinion are GONE!! Damn shame that! This was their year to win the Premiership when they recruited Mansfield and O'reilly, they went for the flag this year, but weren't good enough.

If they lose the likes of Bradley, Silvagni, Hammill, Allen and co, then they are in deep trouble for the next few years. It looks as though Parkin has got out in the nick of time, now Britten will face the music in the next few years.

Carlton will soon be a team of Whitnall, Koutafides, Ratten and Camporeale with a bunch of kids around them. I can't see Kouta having another season like the one just passed. Ratten and Campo are also getting on in years.

To demonstrate Carlton's plight, they look set to recruit S.Rocca. They are in a lot of trouble if that is a demonstration of their recruiting policy.

Shhhhh gocatsgo.

If they think they can get Rocca to perform let them try.

Sav and Whitnal in the forward line? I don't think they'd fit.

North are ratshit for the next few years and Carlton won't be far behind them. Stagnant lists with key personal either retiring or leaving, spells trouble for both clubs.

North are rabble. Essendon (Go Dons) and Melb proved that over the past month, whilst Carlton showed that they are second rate without Kouta. Take SOS and Braddles out of that side next year as well as a Hamill or Mckay and then you have a bottom 8 side.

Then you look at Essendon and think how the hell are anybody going to stop them in the next few years? Get on the dons people.

North are a well run club regardless of what some of you think and will get a good deal with Bell..I dont mind carlton having a few shares in us.. as Rooboy rightly said they have minimal voting rights and only stand to lose their money if we go out of business..kind of funny isnt it...they get no return but really need to support the Roos at AFL level to protect their investment.Hewitt,Kingsley and Winnie..big deal..they are not that important and will be replaced easily.I dont really care where Carlton finish as long as it is behind us..but I would be surprised if they lose Hamill and McKay..it will cost the Swans and Port plenty in return cos carlton are hard to deal with at the trade table, and if no deals are struck then they have to enter the draft and could end up anywhere...maybe North..wouldnt mind seeing Andy McKay slot in
next to Kingy on the back flanks for the Roos in 2001.

Go Roos

Gocatsgo... wanna have a bet on next year...

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Still pissed off about Colby... you seem very bitter towards North...

Don't forget who the Roos have given Geelong in recent time...
Pickering
Tudor
Steele
McGrath
Sholl
Mooney
and now Kingsley

and what did the Kangaroos get in return???
Colburt and Scott...

So for Gods sake stop being so bitter...

Weren't Carlton gone when Williams, Kernahan, Hanna & co. retired?

Do not be fooled. Carlton a successfull, professional & RICH club. They will do fine (bastards).

North are also professional & well run. If playing in a preliminary final is a bad year for them, then lets hope they don't have too many good ones.

The perenial problem for North is money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by S.Robbo:
North are ratshit for the next few years and Carlton won't be far behind them. Stagnant lists with key personal either retiring or leaving, spells trouble for both clubs.

North are rabble. Essendon (Go Dons) and Melb proved that over the past month, whilst Carlton showed that they are second rate without Kouta. Take SOS and Braddles out of that side next year as well as a Hamill or Mckay and then you have a bottom 8 side.

Then you look at Essendon and think how the hell are anybody going to stop them in the next few years? Get on the dons people.

Note: Wasn't North beaten 4 out of the last five games during the H&A season aswell?

Funny I thought Hird was out this year for five ? matches. Still won and why wish injuries on anyone???

While North have Carey, Stevens, Archer, King and Harvey they will remain to top eight side. Whether they can stay with the likes of Essendon and Melbourne depends on the draft and Denis Pagan. I hope he has a new game plan for next year, it took them six/seven years but we were finally worked out last year, and it was quite humiliating at times.
As for the John Elliott Football Club...who cares...they have have bought and cheated their way to sixteen premierships over the last 105 years, so it's about time they join Collingwood and Fremantle at the bottom of the ladder. JEFC - Wooden Spooners in 2001. It's the least that idiot deserves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back