Realistically can you survive in this state

Remove this Banner Ad

It's funny when the finger gets pointed at the Kangaroos and/or Melbourne they scream 'What about Hawthorn in 2004!'. :eek:

For once - please try leave the Hawks out when discussing the mess your clubs are in. :eek:

What is this huge obsession with crowd attendance and members etc.?
Is it a "mine's bigger than yours", or is something more sinister?

The AFL were just paid skips full of money from TV rights, the opposition codes struggle to pull crowds over 20,000 and people jump on the smaller clubs for a 'poor' attendance? Do some of you blokes work for the AFL's accounting firm?

How much more growth do you honestly think will be created in a national game? Maybe 30 years down the track you may see some growth into NSW/Qld, but generally they have to peak sometime you would think. Have you ever thought that this is the national game that is representative of where the AFL should stay?

I get really frustrated that the almighty dollar has permeated our pastime and the survival of some much loved clubs is reliant on the bottom line.

Greedy bast**ds. Keep your american-styled 'franchise' crap out of our national game. Maybe the custodians of the gaelic game are onto something with the resistance to professionalism.

Above is the best post I have encountered in Big Footy it should be framed.

I don`t get your obsession with everything North and Crowds. Who really cares is it spite or jealousy. If not i just can`t understand it.

Maybe if it was coming from interstate supporters but surely Vic supporters would wish to retain as much identity in Victoria as we can. What ever happened to Vic people standing up for each other.

I mean its not like we are a crap club always tanking for picks and losing. Were a great club who respects other supporters and always give value.

At least use your sprays on tall poppys like WCE or Adelaide and leave us be.

It's funny when the finger gets pointed at the Kangaroos and/or Melbourne they scream 'What about Hawthorn in 2004!'. :eek:

For once - please try leave the Hawks out when discussing the mess your clubs are in. :eek:

Considering a Hawks supporter brought it up, I think Roos (and Demons supporters for the matter) have every right to include the Hawks in the discussion. It's very easy to be pointing fingures when your team is experiencing a purple patch, due to the aquistion of draft picks, yet I think it is only fair for Hawthorn "bandwagoners" to be reminded of how they failed to turn up to their matches while their team was "rebuilding their list."

Inevitably, once Franklin has his won 10 Coleman medals, and Mitchell 3 Brownlows, and all the young Hawks players have retired, the team will start to perform poorly once again. Given recent trends, the Hawks supporters will fail to go watch their team, and record attendances similar to that of the Kangaroos currently. But by then, the AFL would have realised that it's not the Gold Coast market that it should be developing, rather the lucrative Tasmania market.

Considering a Hawks supporter brought it up, I think Roos (and Demons supporters for the matter) have every right to include the Hawks in the discussion.

Why respond directly to the question asked? :eek:

It's very easy to be pointing fingures when your team is experiencing a purple patch, due to the aquistion of draft picks, yet I think it is only fair for Hawthorn "bandwagoners" to be reminded of how they failed to turn up to their matches while their team was "rebuilding their list."

We traded players to aquire draft picks - taking the grow our own approach, rather than poach from other clubs. If you think the 'purple patch' (realistically we are yet to achieve anything with this list) is due to draft picks then you don't know much about the Hawks. There are only a small collection of low attended games in this miserable period - no different to any other club in the same stage.

Inevitably, once Franklin has his won 10 Coleman medals, and Mitchell 3 Brownlows, and all the young Hawks players have retired, the team will start to perform poorly once again. Given recent trends, the Hawks supporters will fail to go watch their team, and record attendances similar to that of the Kangaroos currently. But by then, the AFL would have realised that it's not the Gold Coast market that it should be developing, rather the lucrative Tasmania market.

Meanwhile the Kangaroos are second on the ladder and have attendance issues. Quit dreaming and look at your own club - not Hawthorn.

Lets be honest, its a crap time slot. Who really wants to go to the footy at this time? Of course when the bigger clubs play (no offence Dees/Kangas fans) they get the crowds, so they think this twilight crap is a success. But realistically, its crap. They should get rid of it. I for one have refused to go to both our twilight games in protest, and I go every week.

Where are the moderators and why aren't crappy threads like this all merged into 1. Earlier in the year there were times when at least 3 threads existed in the main boards 1st page, all discussing the same topic about the roos relocating.

I'm sure it's not just north supporters that are sick to death of seeing the main board cluttered with "North should relocate" or "judd to leave west coast" or "who's better out of Hird, Buckley, Voss" crap. PLEASE PLEASE condense all these threads on the same topic into 1.

I did say please....

Its hilarious all these roo supporters saying that the Dees only had 2000 supporters there? How would you know? Did you go around to every single supporter in the stadium. The only thing you guys are going by is the applause of our team eg when we kicked a goal! There weren't too any of them were there. And when there was we already a fair way down, alot to celebrate right!!!

Of course the Kangaroos supporters out ranked the Dees supporters there significantly but for any idiot who i trying to lay the blame on Melbourne for their pathetic crwod perforances push off!!! When Melbourne was in the top 8 for the last 3 years we regularly pulled off crowds in the 40000 margin for intersate teams and low pulling crwod teams like yourselves!!!

When was the last time a Kangaroos team played in front of a crowd larger than 50,000.

Your last final against Port you only pulled in like 25000

Its hilarious all these roo supporters saying that the Dees only had 2000 supporters there? How would you know? Did you go around to every single supporter in the stadium. The only thing you guys are going by is the applause of our team eg when we kicked a goal! There weren't too any of them were there. And when there was we already a fair way down, alot to celebrate right!!!

Of course the Kangaroos supporters out ranked the Dees supporters there significantly but for any idiot who i trying to lay the blame on Melbourne for their pathetic crwod perforances push off!!! When Melbourne was in the top 8 for the last 3 years we regularly pulled off crowds in the 40000 margin for intersate teams and low pulling crwod teams like yourselves!!!

When was the last time a Kangaroos team played in front of a crowd larger than 50,000.

Your last final against Port you only pulled in like 25000

Before you stick the boot into the Kangaroos, your numbers are heavily inflated year in, year out by your annual 70/80,000 drawing game against Collingwood.

Give the Kangaroos a QB holiday against Collingwood and I'm sure their numbers would improve dramatically.

Lets be honest, its a crap time slot. Who really wants to go to the footy at this time? Of course when the bigger clubs play (no offence Dees/Kangas fans) they get the crowds, so they think this twilight crap is a success. But realistically, its crap. They should get rid of it. I for one have refused to go to both our twilight games in protest, and I go every week.

blame the Adelaide Crows and Channel 7 for coming up with it in '91.

Meanwhile the Kangaroos are second on the ladder and have attendance issues. Quit dreaming and look at your own club - not Hawthorn.

It's not so much attendance issues. Most of our supporters are turning up to MOST matches, to support our team. It's common knowledge, that we don't have many supporters. Let, just because our team is coming second on the ladder, doesn't mean we can magically snap our fingers, and drum up thousands of supporters that never existed. I bet (bar the major clubs) the majority of the Roos supporters will go to the majority of the Roos matches, moreso then most other clubs. So, if this was intended to be another thread about how we don't have many supporters, then it's a waste. Maybe just sticky a "Go to the Gold Coast" thread, where people can look at one bad attendance, and chastise the Roos to their hearts content.

It's not so much attendance issues. Most of our supporters are turning up to MOST matches, to support our team. It's common knowledge, that we don't have many supporters. Let, just because our team is coming second on the ladder, doesn't mean we can magically snap our fingers, and drum up thousands of supporters that never existed. I bet (bar the major clubs) the majority of the Roos supporters will go to the majority of the Roos matches, moreso then most other clubs. So, if this was intended to be another thread about how we don't have many supporters, then it's a waste. Maybe just sticky a "Go to the Gold Coast" thread, where people can look at one bad attendance, and chastise the Roos to their hearts content.

C'mon you can't seriously believe that most of your supporters are going to games. If that's the case you have a total of around 25,000 supporters and your survival as a club is not possible. You must also have a hell of a membership department.

Yes you have less supporters than any other club in Melbourne but the reality is that if most of them were going to games your crowd figures would be far higher than they currently are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't care whether there are 10 people at the game or 10,000,000, we're winning and that all i give a s**t about! Is it just me or have these poo and wee supporters come out of hiding this year?

2 weeks ago ppl on big footy were bagging the doggies for getting 23,000 at TD against port, which i thought was ok considering we were in shambles the week b4....i hate to say it but 20000 or 17000 north supporters on sunday night under the roof playing for 2nd posi in great form just doesnt stack up!!!

look maybe north dont have the supporters or the gold coast thing has scared a few off...if both teams were down the bottom of the ladder then maybe its ok but north isnt....and those melbourne supporters are hopeless anywhere but there beloved mcg

BUMP! 18,946 at the Dome for the Melbourne vs Bulldogs match. Shall we keep questioning the Roos existance, when this match ON A SATURDAY NIGHT, NOT a Sunday twighlight match, pulled 1000 less then the Roos match did? This isn't a criticism, but surely you can cut the Roos some slack now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back