Realistically, where do you see us finishing this year?

What will be our ladder position at the end of the home and away season (excluding finals)?

• 1-2

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • 3-4

Votes: 19 6.2%
  • 5-6

Votes: 65 21.2%
  • 7-8

Votes: 110 35.9%
  • 9-10

Votes: 79 25.8%
  • 11-12

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 13-14

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • 15-16

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 17-18

Votes: 3 1.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If it's a scrap and we win by like 3 points, lid is on, finish 6-8.

IF we dismantle the Dogs systematically and professionally, then the lid is unsealed and we could be anything.
So what is it? 12 point win and we demolished the Doggies.

Been saying it on our board all pre season you blokes would be the ones to jump up. In Weitering, McGovern, Cripps, Walsh, McKay and Curnow you've got high potentially AAs. Throw in some blokes like Cerra, De Koning etc who
If Pittonet can maintain his form all year, it's possible we could have an AA spine.

Before R1, I thought bottom part of the 8. Now I think top 6 should be the minimum aim, top 4 not out of the realms of possibility.

Long season though, for all we know we could of played 2 non top 8 sides so far.

Yeah everyone hit us with that criticism last year, even at 9-0 it was about who we hadn't beaten lol. Enjoy it I say. You gotta win games to make the 8 and you guys will

Before R1, I thought bottom part of the 8. Now I think top 6 should be the minimum aim, top 4 not out of the realms of possibility.

Long season though, for all we know we could of played 2 non top 8 sides so far.
Whilst we should still 'take it one week at a time', plus noting their is still some work for us to do - I think with our draw, being 4th on ladder at end of Rd23 is not an unrealistic possibility....

A strong opening performance. Very pleasing but can't afford to get too far ahead of ourselves as we need to do that consistently.

Richmond are a side who at worst most would have had us competing with for a spot in the 8. Every game is important but beating a side we're likely in direct competition with is a big tick.

Sticking with the 5-13 range but that will narrow considerably towards the top end of the range if we can start to show some consistency.

A second strong performance to start the year.

Dismantled the Dogs in that first half. Second half was largely poor but 4 points is 4 points.

Things can change quickly but 5-13 will need to be revised.

Beat Hawthorn next weekend and we are the real deal.

Dismantled the Dogs in that first half. Second half was largely poor but 4 points is 4 points.

We need to beat all the teams that we are expected to win against - the old Carlton struggled against the likes of North and GCS in recent years

We need to beat all the teams below us - which is plenty atm :p

well after defeating the dogs last night most definitely should make the 8 at least.

We are playing good footy and have surpirsed tiggers and dogs but as the season progresses other clubs will no doubt study and try and work out ways to reduce our advantages.

Just got to hope our coaching group can evolve as required and continue to be competitive to r23 and beyond. Im confident they will so looking forward to a big baggers year.

Selected top 3/4,Why?

Every week goes by other teams will get to see our running patterns, where tap outs go and also how our forwards rotate their leads and creation of space to lead into.
It is going to fall onto our coaches and on field leaders to combat this.

That will ultimately decide where we end up.

Funny game. First half the latter, second half the former, although I thought we showed maturity in the last quarter so that’s a definite tick.

The lid is on…. Just.
the lid must come off.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talking to yourself mate. Carn the Baggers.

Teams may “work us out” but that’s still a far cry from taking our advantage away … especially when you have Superman (Cripps), Terminator (Weterbot) and Freak (Walsh) as your leadership group.

And don’t forget Fabio (Doc, cause of the man love he exudes) as our spiritual leader.

We need to beat all the teams that we are expected to win against - the old Carlton struggled against the likes of North and GCS in recent years

We need to beat all the teams below us - which is plenty atm :p

I always thought that 'Old Carlton' referred to the more successful pre-2000 era. Now that we have a new definition of old that will be applied to the horror years of 2002-2021 we need a new name for that previous era...Jurassic Carlton, maybe? Nah, forget it, making me feel older by the minute,

I always thought that 'Old Carlton' referred to the more successful pre-2000 era. Now that we have a new definition of old that will be applied to the horror years of 2002-2021 we need a new name for that previous era...Jurassic Carlton, maybe? Nah, forget it, making me feel older by the minute,
Classic Carlton. 1968 to 1999

Went for 5-6 in the poll after the Richmond game. We are possibly capable of higher but will need to work on playing well for 4 quarters and praying to the healthy and fit player gods.

So good to be looking forward to each game again and learning what they can do.

The pass mark last year should've been top 8, meaning that with gradual improvement we should hopefully be looking at a top 6 finish in 2022. That being said, make the top 8 first and then we can work with what we've got. Either way I would LOVE to win a final and rub it in the faces of all Essendon supporters. :grinv1:

Back