Prediction Realistically, who makes the AA team?

Who makes the final team?

• Total voters
With a round to go, the All-Australian picture is getting clearer. So how many Melbourne players make the team, and who will they be?

For mine:

Locks:
  • Lever (going to set the all-time record for intercept marks, and I wouldn't be surprised if he wins the B&F)
  • Oliver (if he had more of a media presence, he'd be the Brownlow favourite - more consistent than Bontempelli)
  • Petracca (wouldn't say he deserves it more than those in 'highly probable', but he'll get in as he's one of those mids that are easy to squeeze onto a half forward flank)
Probable:
  • May (in most people's teams at FB, but they didn't even include him in the squad last year, so who knows)
  • Gawn (not his best year, but I'm still taking him over Naitanui personally. Hasn't had to do as much with the emergence of Jackson)
Outside chance:
  • Fritsch (can't ignore that he's kicked the most goals of any non-KPF, but he does go missing in bigger games sometimes, and doesn't have the goal assist numbers of Cameron, Greene etc.)
  • Salem (statistically, fairly similar to Rich and Dale, but think those two have had better years - despite his kicking ability, he's not always damaging)
So I'm going with 4-5 at this stage. What does everyone else think?

Oliver, Petracca, Lever, Gawn, May will be in the 22

Fritsch & Salem in the squad
Yep, my exact thoughts too. Langdon might make the squad too and maybe Tmac as well. 5 in the actual team though.

I expect May Lever Petracca Oliver Gawn in the 22.

Tmac won’t get near the squad he is super important to our team but his form hasn’t been ‘that’ good.
Yeah, i just think he might be a bit of a smoky, not a ton of key forwards so

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I think they will pick Lever, Oliver, Gawn and Trac
May for some reason I feel like will get ****ed over again.

Fritta not enough media hype around him but he's been good.

Salem shouldn't be in the team. Not good enough

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think they will pick Lever, Oliver, Gawn and Trac
May for some reason I feel like will get f’ed over again.

Fritta not enough media hype around him but he's been good.

Salem shouldn't be in the team. Not good enough

I will fume if May misses out, aware I may be biased but he is the most complete KPD in the league.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I could see it happening because Allir and Weitering have also been great. Don't really think any of them would be bad.
There's no way most of the judges watch most of the games so it will all be media reputation. Feels like the other 2 have had a bit more than him.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
May surely gets in. Can't see how he misses.

Lever a lock. About to break the all time % for intercept marks per game. He's a freak!

Trac will be put on a FF. Oliver and Gawn in the middle.

Salem and Fritta will make the squad of 40. That's 7 out of 40. Not bloody bad tbh. And TMac, Langdon and Koz were on the fringes at times throughout the season. That's pretty impressive and a good indication of a successful premiership team.

Likely to have 2 in the Top 5 for the Brownlow and a Rising Star. Let's hope we can add a premiership to that list as well.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
If Gawn makes it it will be the biggest rip off since Selwood the year he stole a Guernsey.

Gawn hasn't got a vote on this board since round 12....

If Gawn makes it it will be the biggest rip off since Selwood the year he stole a Guernsey.

Gawn hasn't got a vote on this board since round 12....
Yeah but there hasn't been a super dominant ruck this year. NN arguably for his ruckwork, but Eagles are pus and he still has knocks on his work away from ballups. Darcy has come on a lot this year, but probably not enough of a profile yet to get picked in the starting side (maybe on the bench). Hickey started brilliantly but has dropped away recently.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Yeah but there hasn't been a super dominant ruck this year. NN arguably for his ruckwork, but Eagles are pus and he still has knocks on his work away from ballups. Darcy has come on a lot this year, but probably not enough of a profile yet to get picked in the starting side (maybe on the bench). Hickey started brilliantly but has dropped away recently.
Yeah, Gawn is making the team. Probably VC for mine. Might not be his most dominant year but no other ruck has been super dominant. He's still got the most coaches votes among the ruck division. I can't see any other player getting the ruck spot. Probably won't even be a 2nd ruckman this season either. Unless they give it to NN. Darcy isn't far away and if Marshall stays fit, he could be the next incumbent to Max followed by Dogga.

Gawn, Oliver, Trac, Lever in the team for sure. May should be but may not be. Fritsch would need another big final week. Don't think Salem should be in the 40.
'

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
If Gawn gets in and May doesn't the team is a joke honestly.
Both will make it.

Who gets in over May? Andrews and May are the key posts surely! Aliir has been very good, but I actually feel May being stiff last year will help him here. Weitering has had a very poor last month as has his team who leaks goals. Will be amazed if he makes it tbh. Gawn has the most hitouts and I think the most coaches votes out of any ruckman, so I can't see him missing when he's been a mainstay in the AA team. It defintely helps and history suggests finishing in the top few teams increases your chances of getting a spot. If we finish on top, I can see May, Lever, Gawn, Trac and Oliver all being locks.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Both will make it.

Who gets in over May? Andrews and May are the key posts surely! Aliir has been very good, but I actually feel May being stiff last year will help him here. Weitering has had a very poor last month as has his team who leaks goals. Will be amazed if he makes it tbh. Gawn has the most hitouts and I think the most coaches votes out of any ruckman, so I can't see him missing when he's been a mainstay in the AA team. It defintely helps and history suggests finishing in the top few teams increases your chances of getting a spot. If we finish on top, I can see May, Lever, Gawn, Trac and Oliver all being locks.

We haven't given Gawn a vote in 10 weeks on the board. He hasn't been good for a while.

Back