really need to change

Remove this Banner Ad

Cata_Pendles

Senior List
Sep 12, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi guys, just calling out for help - ive been out of the game for 6 years and have decided to play again next year, im currently at the bottom end of the scale in terms of fitness and this translates in the results ive had at our training sessions already - im not happy with my overall build and i really lack confidence in myself because of this (although im getting there). i often also fall for the temptation to do stupid things to my body like eat junk food, can anyone give me a program or what not to help me get right up there with the others?

I'm no expert but running laps will get your fitness right back up there.

I would say twice a day every second day at medium intensity will be sufficient. Footy is a very demanding sport so your goal at the end of this should be to run 5km at ease.

Running is very dull exercise so you must keep motivated; I suggest inviting a friend or listening to podcasts.

Re: eating well, try to include 4 pieces of fruit in your diet and drink loads of water. Again this can get laborious, so be sure to reward yourself with small amounts of food you enjoy once or twice a month.

I hope this helps!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back