Reason for Slaters Demise?

• Thread starter Briedis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

B

Briedis

I got this email from a mate the other day, I seriously doubt it is true, but it is worth a giggle....

Just heard a classic rumour about the Australian cricket team which may explain the upheaval that has shaken team in recent months, and why Michael Slater is now so far on the outer in terms of national selection.

Apparently, the truth to this rumour is watertight:
Adam Gilchrist, who recently missed a one-day international during the triangular one day series to "spend some time with his family" actually undertook an urgent DNA test to establish whether he was actually the father of his wife's new born baby Harrison. It turns out that he is not the father, but that the sprog in question belongs to none other than Michael Slater. This has all coincided with Slats going through well-documented personal crises with his marriage in a mess and him rooting anything and everything in sight, including it seems Gilly's wife. This also explains the sudden freeze Slats has felt from the Australian selectors, who ended his reign as Australia's opening batsman almost immediately his shennanigans with Mrs Gilly had come to light.

Slater's problem is not cricket related, but it is affecting the way he plays, which is the real dissapointing thing. It is major personal problems, and it should be left out of the public light cause it's really serious. He was always a favourite of mine, and it's really sad to see him go of the rails.

Originally posted by bluecrow
Absolute crap. People who make up this dribble have <way> too much time on their hands. Slater is out for his performance. Leave their personal lives out of it.

:rolleyes:

His personal life is the thing that has effected his performance, to have him play bad, to have him out of the team.

Originally posted by Fat Red
It's crap. For a start, why would Gilchrist have to go home for a paternity test? He could do it in Sydney.

It's obviously not true.

But it is amusing .... are you the type that goes to action movies and complains that the hero always hits with his bullets and the baddies always miss? ;)

It's just not cricket!! ;)

It was performance and discipline reasons Michael was dropped, and unfortunately for Slats, Justin Langer has taken his opportunity. Whatever excuses Michael Slater uses to explain his poor performance is irrelevant as he is a professional cricketer.

SeinDude :)

Originally posted by SeinDude
It's just not cricket!! ;)

It was performance and discipline reasons Michael was dropped, and unfortunately for Slats, Justin Langer has taken his opportunity. Whatever excuses Michael Slater uses to explain his poor performance is irrelevant as he is a professional cricketer.

Professional cricketer or not, his personal life still effected what happened. In all seriousness, he is one of the best openers we have ever had.

And if his personal life has nothing to do with cricket, then maybe the ****ing media should leave the poor guy alone to try and sort some stuff out.
I am sorry but he has been my favourite player since I was 9.

I agree Mase - the media sucks!

I hope Robert Craddock gets sacked before next year - he is hopeless. The media is increasingly playing a more important role in players careers these days and I hope that the academy is teaching up-and-coming players how to cope with it.....Players like Steve Waugh and Slats have never had that kind of training.

Originally posted by Briedis

It's obviously not true.

But it is amusing .... are you the type that goes to action movies and complains that the hero always hits with his bullets and the baddies always miss? ;)

LOL, yes I am. And I know you gave a disclaimer at the start, but I've got this on email as well from people who seemed to give it credence. I just think it's a slur on Slater and Gilchrist's wife that they've done nothing to deserve.

Originally posted by TheMase

Professional cricketer or not, his personal life still effected what happened. In all seriousness, he is one of the best openers we have ever had.

And if his personal life has nothing to do with cricket, then maybe the ****ing media should leave the poor guy alone to try and sort some stuff out.
I am sorry but he has been my favourite player since I was 9.

TheMase,

I agree with you about Michael Slater being one of our best openers that we've had. I use to love watching him bat when he was in form, as he would tear attacks to shreads with his attacking strokeplay. He played with a great passion for his country, kissing his helmet when he made a hundred which was great to see. :)

Unfortunately, as long as Langer & Hayden continue to dominate, Slater is destined to never play for Australia again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back