Toast Reasons for Optimism

Remove this Banner Ad

There's a lot of issues that still need to be addressed but there is plenty to like about the team that we are building, our core is set for the next 10 years on every line, our borderline best 23 players are contributing and getting involved, we seem to be moving a lot faster when he get control of the ball too which has been a long time coming, it's nice to be able to watch Fremantle become a genuinely entertaining team to watch.

Keep this form up minus the awful starts and we're right in the finals race this year.

Agreed! This is the time for full enjoyment. We will be in the top four or five and welcoming back Darcy and Chappy. If we can at least be close to level early in most games, especially at home, we will be hard to beat.

Agreed! This is the time for full enjoyment. We will be in the top four or five and welcoming back Darcy and Chappy. If we can at least be close to level early in most games, especially at home, we will be hard to beat.
We've shown even when we struggle over the past few years that we're more than capable of competing with the best teams in the AFL, it's about nailing the consistency and being able to run over teams that are far worse than us.

Adelaide will be a telling game as well the game against Carlton.

We've shown even when we struggle over the past few years that we're more than capable of competing with the best teams in the AFL, it's about nailing the consistency and being able to run over teams that are far worse than us.

Adelaide will be a telling game as well the game against Carlton.

We will beat Adelaide. The Carlton game will be a tester. They are big around the ball, and pre Fyfe return we have struggled with it. Exciting time to be a Freo fan.

The constant underestimation of the team, how young we are and the talent we have is almost a bonus. I think it will make a lot of pundits looks very silly.

We will beat Adelaide. The Carlton game will be a tester. They are big around the ball, and pre Fyfe return we have struggled with it. Exciting time to be a Freo fan.

The constant underestimation of the team, how young we are and the talent we have is almost a bonus. I think it will make a lot of pundits looks very silly.
we have a few players back by then it's also going to be in neutral territory

It all comes down to the fact that the major pundits and majority of fans within the AFL just don't watch Fremantle, they go off of the 30 seconds they hear about us during the week and make a judgement from that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1938745
If we get pick 6 and 35 for Shultz, start the farrrrken car.

Big hill to climb for Collingwood. They would be underdogs this week and at 0-4 that is close to finals over. Should beat the hawks, then have the bye and return against Port.

Then Ess - Car - Wce

It isn't outlandish to think they will be 3 - 6. Which isn't an impossible mountain to climb, however, when you think they will most likely get some injuries to key players it could become very difficult to finish higher than 11th.

Big hill to climb for Collingwood. They would be underdogs this week and at 0-4 that is close to finals over. Should beat the hawks, then have the bye and return against Port.

Then Ess - Car - Wce

It isn't outlandish to think they will be 3 - 6. Which isn't an impossible mountain to climb, however, when you think they will most likely get some injuries to key players it could become very difficult to finish higher than 11th.
Acknowledging that I don't want to tempt the universe, I think the Pies have won 1 of their last 11 against the Hawks so...

You can see how elite this team moves the football and how cohesive they are as a unit when it all comes together, the team genuinely seem to have each other's back on and off the field, I like a lot of what I see from them.

Acknowledging that I don't want to tempt the universe, I think the Pies have won 1 of their last 11 against the Hawks so...

A loss to the hawks in this position and even with their insane amount of games at the G would put them into a tail spin.

Good Friday at Optus, we put a stake in the 2024 Adelaide crows campaign.
Just quietly, you have mixed your methods of despatch here.

Jesus was nailed to a cross.

Vampires get the stake.

I get a little sad we caved and played on Good Friday. I remember fondly a time when Gerard Neesham lambasted Ansett air staff on a Lenten Friday flight over to Melbourne, haranguing them about the lack of fish options for the inflight meal.

I realise it’s a post-Christian time in a secular nation, but the club basically started as a byproduct of the Catholic school system.

I thought Good Friday games were only going to be the province of the blankly pagan (North Melbourne) and the frankly satanic (Weavils).

All good. I’ll offer up a prayer for you godless campaigners.

2 - 0

And while not perfect our record is! Jackson growing in front of our eyes. Brayshaw and Serong delivering on their potential. Young will continue to improve. Fyfe adding toughness and bullish strength at the contest. Treacy starting to impose himself around the ground. Clark has improved again and Banners looks like a solid, classy B22 mainstay.

WHAT A YEAR!

How good is it to be a freo supporter right now! The joy, the expectation of what is to come mixed with the enjoyment of the journey.

How can you not be positive, get romantic, walk with a spring in the step and look forward to the next game with confidence!

3 - 0 after this week and set for a run at the finals. 2024, come at me!

All the hoo ha around Jackson turning into a pillar of salt when Darcy comes back is so boring. Kane makes one of his premature click bait calls and everyone falls in line echoing him ad nauseum. Can’t wait until both are on the field, there won’t be a minute of respite for the opposing ruckman aka the Gawn/Jackson premiership combo.

All the hoo ha around Jackson turning into a pillar of salt when Darcy comes back is so boring. Kane makes one of his premature click bait calls and everyone falls in line echoing him ad nauseum. Can’t wait until both are on the field, there won’t be a minute of respite for the opposing ruckman aka the Gawn/Jackson premiership combo.

It is boring at this point. Purely done to support an early call.

Cornes said something as insightful as 'I still don't think Darcy finishes his career at Freo, I stand by that.'

Could one person say the obvious, which is that a huge number of players who make it, as in not including delisted, end up playing for more than one club. Cornes is so dug in that Darcy could be a part of three of our premierships in the next 7 years, then move to victoria and he would still say he was right.

It is boring at this point. Purely done to support an early call.

Cornes said something as insightful as 'I still don't think Darcy finishes his career at Freo, I stand by that.'

Could one person say the obvious, which is that a huge number of players who make it, as in not including delisted, end up playing for more than one club. Cornes is so dug in that Darcy could be a part of three of our premierships in the next 7 years, then move to victoria and he would still say he was right.
three premierships would be nice...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back