Analysis Reasons to be Cheerful (2019) - Part One.

Remove this Banner Ad

What is Con Gorozides up to? New identity? I thought Con was one of the better posters over there. He got frustrated, pissed off and administered out of the place. One of the reasons that formerly great site is on its last legs. They could take a leaf out of our mods' book. 😍
Apart from George, we have the best mids...

What is Con Gorozides up to? New identity? I thought Con was one of the better posters over there. He got frustrated, pissed off and administered out of the place. One of the reasons that formerly great site is on its last legs. They could take a leaf out of our mods' book. 😍

Yeah, I never minded Con as much as everyone else seemed to. He went off his nut occasionally but it wasn't that bad.

Yeah, I never minded Con as much as everyone else seemed to. He went off his nut occasionally but it wasn't that bad.

Your eccentrics are a crucial part of any forum. They add a bit of difference and spice things up a bit. The key is sound and consistent moderation.

What I've found on this site is that the mods intervene quickly and nip potential issues in the bud. They are also consistent. This creates better behaviour in posters.

Over on the unfortunately acronymed SS, the moderation was the problem. One poster in particular, threatened physical violence to several posters and posted vile and offensive abuse. He still posts, when others, like Con we're banned. The artist formerly known as White Winmar gave the only moderator (another problem) BFUSA a mighty send off, thanking him for ruining the site with his blatant bias and over officious attitude, when it suited. Then there were his favourites, who could behave as they liked, seemingly with little or no censure.

Go and have a look for yourself. The place isn't worth having you as a poster anymore. What a shame. In its glory days it was one of the best footy forums going around.

Sonny Walters is one of the posters that l miss off this forum now. He seemed to have boiled over with frustration during the year and l recall some mod interventions before he left, or maybe copped a ban. I think mostly he suffered from the perception difference between the spoken and written mediums and never took a breath before hitting the post button. Perhaps he'll return when the vibe picks up a bit..

That’s not the real Con Gorozides I take it?

Absolutely not.

Spoke to real Con at the footy on several occasions, though not in recent times.

The real Con at least appeared to have some degree of sanity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happened to Gurkin he was good for a laugh
He spent most of his time on the main board trolling the sh1t out of oppo supporters. He was super well behaved in here by comparison. I'm sure he must have copped a life ban, it was only a matter of time given the number of fights he was in. Man there was some funny sh1t :tearsofjoy:

He spent most of his time on the main board trolling the sh1t out of oppo supporters. He was super well behaved in here by comparison. I'm sure he must have copped a life ban, it was only a matter of time given the number of fights he was in. Man there was some funny sh1t :tearsofjoy:
Moot, choomah, gerkin, all the Same bloke.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wonder what happened to the real Con , old mate and myself used to have a beer with him at etihad but i haven't seen him in years , anyone know

Remove this Banner Ad

Back