Analysis Reasons to be excited about the future...

Remove this Banner Ad

What same things are you referring to? What exactly is it they are doing wrong? What is it they should be doing instead?

I keep hearing on BF that our medical/rehab staff are hopeless and I keep hearing from the players that they are great.

Who should I believe?
I only have outcomes to look at, but we have a high attrition rate and it seems that we just claim bad luck.

We have had a serious plague of foot injuries and I would like to see the club carry out a thorough investigation into the processes around the fitness and conditioning as well as the injury management.

My experience in life indicates you get luckier by being smarter in what you do.

I only have outcomes to look at, but we have a high attrition rate and it seems that we just claim bad luck.

We have had a serious plague of foot injuries and I would like to see the club carry out a thorough investigation into the processes around the fitness and conditioning as well as the injury management.

My experience in life indicates you get luckier by being smarter in what you do.
It was reported here a few weeks back that the club is doing some form of review but I can't remember the details. It could have been injury-specific (e.g. foot or soft tissue) or it could have been in relation to general procedures and skills. Does anyone out there know?

Anyway, watch out for further news in the off-season.

I'm just wary about joining the dots in certain ways (e.g. blaming the medical/rehab/conditioning people) when there could be any number of explanations. For instance others have blamed the Etihad surface. That might be off the mark too, but it's an example of what I mean.

If we blame the medicos without good evidence we have done ourselves a double disservice: 1. their reputation isunfairly impugned, and 2. we miss out on the opportunity to get at the real problem (if there is indeed a single dominant cause to the problem, which I personally doubt).

Anyway, let's see what they come up with.

He is not going to get 17 weeks! I actually feel for Gaff, he misjudged a jumper punch. We could almost blame the AFL for being so soft on jumper punches especially with guys like Tom Hawkins.

I know that:D:thumbsu:

I don't feel for Gaff, yet. I think he needs to suffer a bit and then I'll be concerned for his mental health. He will be feeling like the most hated man in Australia at the moment and he will need to work through that. Hopefully Brayshaw recovers very well and then maybe some form of forgiveness might ease it a bit for him.

Jumper Punch ??? - it was a swinging round arm
Fair enough, but it wasn’t Tom Bugg and definitely not Barry Hall type of king hit. I do think I wasn’t his intention to inflict that carnage, unlike Barry’s which was exactly what he was trying to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back