List Mgmt. Rebuild or refresh?

Rebuild or refresh?

• Rebuild

Votes: 71 35.1%
  • Refresh

Votes: 131 64.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Was mentioned on Radio today that to start a rebuild you need 5 picks inside 30 and another 5 picks between 30-50 in 2 years

We will most likely have 3 inside 30 this year and another 2 30-50 range

So well and truly on the way
This Draft could really set us up & keep us in contention for a long time yet.

I don't think Cotch should be our captain next season (if he plays on). Not that I think he is doing a bad job, I'd just like to free him up a little. He's carried a big load for a while. I reckon Cotch and Houli retire at seasons end, as might jack if we make the GF/win, reckon if we are close but miss out and he is playing well he will go another year.

Bring in Ross and actually let him play, bring in CCJ and he should go alright.
I'd like to see Stack replace Houli. Think he has it in him.

I'd really like us to have a crack at P. Cripps this year. Think we could get him right and he'd add a lot.

Whatever happens though, I trust the club to make good decisions.

Was mentioned on Radio today that to start a rebuild you need 5 picks inside 30 and another 5 picks between 30-50 in 2 years

We will most likely have 3 inside 30 this year and another 2 30-50 range

So well and truly on the way
Only relevant if you u use them wisely
2004 draft we had 5 picks inside 20. 4 of them no one can remember and the last goes to the zoo every last Saturday of September

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think Cotch should be our captain next season (if he plays on). Not that I think he is doing a bad job, I'd just like to free him up a little. He's carried a big load for a while. I reckon Cotch and Houli retire at seasons end, as might jack if we make the GF/win, reckon if we are close but miss out and he is playing well he will go another year.

Bring in Ross and actually let him play, bring in CCJ and he should go alright.
I'd like to see Stack replace Houli. Think he has it in him.

I'd really like us to have a crack at P. Cripps this year. Think we could get him right and he'd add a lot.

Whatever happens though, I trust the club to make good decisions.
Rather Cripps goes home to WA.

Is it just me or does anyone else think Matt Rowell looks like Buzz Lightyear?

(Ok - It could be the whisky talking tonight?)

Here is a few things I think we can do to refresh and stay contending.

Put Cotch to half back. We are missing Vlastuin massively and Cotch may well be the one to put back there for a period of time (maybe for good) Looks slow in the midfield at the moment and could see him being really good down there like the bulldogs did with Boyd. This also gives our young guys like Ross, RCD and Martyn a crack at it to rejuvenate the midfield a bit while Meatball is out.

Play two rucks give Chol a go this week and if he does nothing bring CJ in for a good crack at it.

Put Baker on the wing or forward to give us a bit of spark further up the ground.

At the end of the year I think we hit the draft and because of smart list management we will be in a great position to do so.

Will be a rebuild when we do drop away. Unfortunately you can’t just replace quality in the midfield all of a sudden. Need the odd low pick. Will feel so weird when it does finally happen.

Back