Recent delistings - where are they now?

Remove this Banner Ad

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hi guys, out of pure curiosity and possible LOLs I was wondering if anybody knows where the following guys are playing now (if anywhere), and whether any of them are playing decent footy?

Mitch Clisby
Dom Barry
Luke Tapscott
Alex Georgiou
James Strauss
Michael Evans
Daniel Nicholson
James Sellar
Josh Tynan
Troy Davis
Tom Couch
Tom Gillies
James Magner
Rory Taggert
Nathan Stark
Kelvin Lawrence
Cale Morton
Jai Sheahan
Leigh Williams
Lucas Cook
Matthew Bate
Jordan Gysberts
Addam Maric
Cameron Johnston
Tom McNamara
Michael Newton
Aussie Wonameirri
Paul Johnson
Daniel Hughes
John Meesen
Rhys Healey
Simon Buckley
Shane Valenti
Trent Zomer
Chris Johnson
Jace Bode
Isaac Weetra

Anybody from further back than this that is still playing at well.

And gee it was hard to type some of these names and not vomit...

Hi guys, out of pure curiosity and possible LOLs I was wondering if anybody knows where the following guys are playing now (if anywhere), and whether any of them are playing decent footy?

Mitch Clisby
Dom Barry
Luke Tapscott
Alex Georgiou
James Strauss
Michael Evans
Daniel Nicholson
James Sellar
Josh Tynan
Troy Davis
Tom Couch
Tom Gillies
James Magner
Rory Taggert
Nathan Stark
Kelvin Lawrence
Cale Morton
Jai Sheahan
Leigh Williams
Lucas Cook
Matthew Bate
Jordan Gysberts

Addam Maric
Cameron Johnston
Tom McNamara
Michael Newton
Aussie Wonameirri
Paul Johnson
Daniel Hughes
John Meesen
Rhys Healey
Simon Buckley
Shane Valenti
Trent Zomer
Chris Johnson
Jace Bode
Isaac Weetra

Anybody from further back than this that is still playing at well.

And gee it was hard to type some of these names and not vomit...

Leigh Williams is the FF at Norwood in division 1 of EFL, Matthew Bate also plays there...they lost the GF last weekend but I know last year they won it.

No idea where Jordan Gysberts is at now although he was also at Norwood and played in their premiership last year.

But a lot change clubs every year and stuff. Fair few in the VAFA.

Shane Valenti - Noble Park
Gysberts - VAFA still I think St Kevins
James Strauss & Michael Evans - VAFA Old Scotch
Tapscott - Sorrento
Cale Morton - Coburg VFL
Rory Taggert - SANFL Sturt

I believe Cam Johnston is punting for Ohio State University. Please correct me should I be wrong, here.

images

Dom Barry killed it in the Central Aust grand final a few weeks back for Federals in Alice. Also does some work with the school my brother teaches at.

Alex Georgiou is captain of Norwood in the SANFL, but he also works as an engineer.

Michael Newton and Jace Bode also play at Norwood (SANFL). Bode has been a key factor in Norwood's recent success while Newton is exactly as we remembered him, inconsistent as f***

From recollection Bode is engaged/married to someone semi-famous, I think a top netball player or news presenter or something. During the off-season Newton works as a ground-curator at Coopers Stadium (Norwood's home on the Parade, different to the soccer venue) preparing it for baseball matches. That was part of the deal that convinced him to move states.

Stark, McNamara, Clisby and Tynan also play SANFL but can't remember which sides for (other than Clisby at North)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe Cam Johnston is punting for Ohio State University. Please correct me should I be wrong, here.

images

That's Bill Burr, dude.

From the WAFL:

James Sellar plays for South Fremantle
Kelvin Lawrence did SFA playing for Perth this year, had been at Peel
Paul Johnson plays for East Perth, polled pretty well in the Sandover

If we ever needed a reminder (which we don't) of how crap we've been, there it is. There's about 3/4 of a footballer between them.

Dom Barry killed it in the Central Aust grand final a few weeks back for Federals in Alice. Also does some work with the school my brother teaches at.
Good on him IMO. Respectable decision to go and do what he does best/enjoys most.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back