Recent delistings - where are they now?

Dec 18, 2002
demonwiki.org
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon, Atlanta Braves
2394ab17e4d697b62664fd483053b7ab

Melbourne players Stefan Martin, Josh Tynan, Brent Moloney, Nathan Jones, Jack Grimes, Jack Trengove and coach Mark Neeld during the national anthem. It was Tynan’s debut for the Demons in Round 1, 2012.

Red hot guess there by the person writing the caption when it was actually a minutes' silence.

We are going to have father and mother sons coming out of our ears in 2037 - Daisy, Bernie, Melksham and now Dunn.

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
No, he couldn't.

He was past it in a team winning games, don't know what he would have done in a team being beaten every week.

Couldn't run two ways, had no defensive pressure ability.
He would have smashed a bloke every week and he would have provided a marking target in our forward line. Would have been very handy.
I’d also like to remind you that not being able to run two ways and an inability to apply defensive pressure are prerequisites for senior selection.

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
He would have smashed a bloke every week and he would have provided a marking target in our forward line. Would have been very handy.
I’d also like to remind you that not being able to run two ways and an inability to apply defensive pressure are prerequisites for senior selection.

Liked for the last line, strongly disagree with the rest. Never was a guy who smashed blokes. Was kept a year too long, let alone this year.

May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
No, he couldn't.

He was past it in a team winning games, don't know what he would have done in a team being beaten every week.

Couldn't run two ways, had no defensive pressure ability.
You never know, I'm sure he could at the very least equal the output of Kielty Smith & Preuss. We played OMac as a forward for a game FFS. I'm not saying we should have kept him just using hindsight he would have been handy this season.
Plus regarding your point of being ordinary in a good team he only played in 4 games in 2018 & 3 of them were losses so not sure your point is valid. It wasn't that long ago when Gawn went down with his hamstring & he was our only fit back up & he did a great job.
I haven't seen him live since 2017 but I was always impressed with his work rate so it must of dropped off pretty badly in those 4 games he played in 2018.

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
"Dion Johnstone, Dylan Van Unen, Jarryd Blair, Campbell Walker, Khan Haretuku and Matthew Arnot were among the best in Port Melbourne's 8.8 (56) to 4.17 (41) win."

dylan93

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
"Dion Johnstone, Dylan Van Unen, Jarryd Blair, Campbell Walker, Khan Haretuku and Matthew Arnot were among the best in Port Melbourne's 8.8 (56) to 4.17 (41) win."

Didn't know former Demon Lucas Cook stopped playing for Port. Had been playing decent, consistent VFL footy for quite a few years there.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
Jack Trengove also through to a SANFL grand final.

I look at Jack’s name and forever hate what Neeld did to him.

It was as if the captaincy was given to him and made so heavy that it weakened his body.

Surely Green could’ve stayed captain for 2012 or pass it on to Jones.

It was as if the captaincy was given to him and made so heavy that it weakened his body.

Moloney

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
Patrick Wearden
Kane Pettifer
Sam Sheldon

Andrew Walker
Ruory Kirkby

Face of in the Grand final in the GVL this Sunday

None of those names played for Melbourne.

medical research on how the weight of captaincy leads to navicular injuries is grossly underfunded IMO

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
medical research on how the weight of captaincy leads to navicular injuries is grossly underfunded IMO
Especially with the compelling anecdotal evidence and sample consisting of one.

I’m happy to fall back on blaming mission in the absence of better data

Back