AFL Club
Fremantle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 13, 2015
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Best album from Ministry (imo)

(listen to it several times over, you'll start falling in love with it, as you pick up nuances in each song)

Yep, a great album, i forgot all about this, me and my band friends used to sit in the music hall and listen to so many albums back in the day, god I miss those times, just picking up all those CDs and listening on my discman sports, back in the analogue days...but you still miss out on great records that you wish you had of listened to..

We'd listen to all kinds of stuff, great times!

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yep, a great album, i forgot all about this, me and my band friends used to sit in the music hall and listen to so many albums back in the day, god I miss those times, just picking up all those CDs and listening on my discman sports, back in the analogue days...but you still miss out on great records that you wish you had of listened to..

We'd listen to all kinds of stuff, great times!

You should see my music collection (digital). I've got over 2 TBs of music from various artists....and I haven't even scratched the surface of not just what's out there, but that's seminal. For instance, I only ever heard about "Death From Above 1979" the other week. So many indie/obscure/unheralded/cult bands. It'll take several lifetimes for me to find more and collect (digitally).

You're a lucky and great man that you've taken that trek yourself. Music is so amazing.

Mar 13, 2015
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
You should see my music collection (digital). I've got over 2 TBs of music from various artists....and I haven't even scratched the surface of not just what's out there, but that's seminal. For instance, I only ever heard about "Death From Above 1979" the other week. So many indie/obscure/unheralded/cult bands. It'll take several lifetimes for me to find more and collect (digitally).

You're a lucky and great man that you've taken that trek yourself. Music is so amazing.

The thing is, you often read people throwing around band names and then you think "oh yeh, ok", well I have my favourite bands and so they can't be that good, then years later you finally hear that obscure band names music and sometimes it is really great, then you think, why did I wait this long....I guess we just don't always have the time as adults, but sometimes those albums you neglected or assumed as being lame, does change your philosophy, music has that power.

A great album can literally change your life and your perspective as well, it can be as important as food to some people.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
The thing is, you often read people throwing around band names and then you think "oh yeh, ok", well I have my favourite bands and so they can't be that good, then years later you finally hear that obscure band names music and sometimes it is really great, then you think, why did I wait this long....I guess we just don't always have the time as adults, but sometimes those albums you neglected or assumed as being lame, does change your philosophy, music has that power.

A great album can literally change your life and your perspective as well, it can be as important as food to some people.
Music is my life. I am such an aural person. I'm finely attuned to sound (probably because my visual abilities are messed up). People's voices can give me migraines or cover my soul with honey.

With music...there's just so many genres too. It is a blessed man/woman who ends up with eclectic taste. It never ceases to amaze how one can create so many differences, and new sounds/grooves, tho there's already a trillion albums out there. It's true as we get older our time is cut short. I have a to-do list of movies, books, music, I want to watch/read/own. Every year it doubles in size. I just never get the chance to dive into it all, to catch up by adding them all to my library. Not to mention my own writings I want to get into, put into book form, and write those movie scripts and songs I want to accomplish. My life in the end is wasted tho....it's a double-edged sword....that I enjoy music/movies/books so much, experiencing the world of them out there created by others, whilst also trying to do all my own and get them out there....but after hundreds of decades of living, I've still not managed to do so. Life gets in the way. Work, relationships, transience, etc. I dunno how all those famous people out there wrote like 100 science books whilst also living a life. Or produced 30 albums and lived a life. Etc.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
And yes thats very true......someone recommends an album.....you listen to it a little, pass it off, months/years later, you happen to listen to it again, and suddenly you realize how great it is, how much you enjoy it, and start getting into the full discography of that band.

I dunno what the reason for that is exactly. It defies explanation imo.

Mar 13, 2015
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Music is my life. I am such an aural person. I'm finely attuned to sound (probably because my visual abilities are messed up). People's voices can give me migraines or cover my soul with honey.

With music...there's just so many genres too. It is a blessed man/woman who ends up with eclectic taste. It never ceases to amaze how one can create so many differences, and new sounds/grooves, tho there's already a trillion albums out there. It's true as we get older our time is cut short. I have a to-do list of movies, books, music, I want to watch/read/own. Every year it doubles in size. I just never get the chance to dive into it all, to catch up by adding them all to my library. Not to mention my own writings I want to get into, put into book form, and write those movie scripts and songs I want to accomplish. My life in the end is wasted tho....it's a double-edged sword....that I enjoy music/movies/books so much, experiencing the world of them out there created by others, whilst also trying to do all my own and get them out there....but after hundreds of decades of living, I've still not managed to do so. Life gets in the way. Work, relationships, transience, etc. I dunno how all those famous people out there wrote like 100 science books whilst also living a life. Or produced 30 albums and lived a life. Etc.

It does my head in just thinking about how those writers and musicians can live a life and create so much works as well, it's something I find myself thinking about all the time, it's not just that though, usually a great band for instance has 4-5 people, and not only do you need one prolific writer, you need genuinely talented and exciting players who can also sort of write stuff, pretty well..

I just look at some bands or tv shows in I'm in awe and surely it has to be destiny and something way higher than just sheer luck..

Take curb your enthusiasm and Seinfeld, now there were some crazy factors that made those shows remotely possible...

Jerry met Larry at some point, aka Lennon/Mcartney, Larry David had a neighbour who was Michael Richards aka (Kramer) ...without any of those three angles and there is more I have not mentioned, without any of those many ingredients then Seinfeld the show never exists, and even if you take that into account, the fact that the show was given a contract is another lucky/miracle sort of situation. Whether you like Seinfeld or not it shaped modern comedies as we now know it. All that lead to the most successful comedy shows of all time followed by ten years of curb your enthusiasm...

Man, just listen to Larry here (especially when hen he says he hates writing)...what he says is kind of amazing, especially if anyone of us here are aspiring to write or create our own stuff..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back