Recommend an Album

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
It does my head in just thinking about how those writers and musicians can live a life and create so much works as well, it's something I find myself thinking about all the time, it's not just that though, usually a great band for instance has 4-5 people, and not only do you need one prolific writer, you need genuinely talented and exciting players who can also sort of write stuff, pretty well..

I just look at some bands or tv shows in I'm in awe and surely it has to be destiny and something way higher than just sheer luck..

Take curb your enthusiasm and Seinfeld, now there were some crazy factors that made those shows remotely possible...

Jerry met Larry at some point, aka Lennon/Mcartney, Larry David had a neighbour who was Michael Richards aka (Kramer) ...without any of those three angles and there is more I have not mentioned, without any of those many ingredients then Seinfeld the show never exists, and even if you take that into account, the fact that the show was given a contract is another lucky/miracle sort of situation. Whether you like Seinfeld or not it shaped modern comedies as we now know it. All that lead to the most successful comedy shows of all time followed by ten years of curb your enthusiasm...

Man, just listen to Larry here (especially when hen he says he hates writing)...what he says is kind of amazing, especially if anyone of us here are aspiring to write or create our own stuff..

Very good observation. It's very destined. Fateful. So many sliding doors going on all at once.

I of course loved Seinfeld/Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
You won't find this album anywhere, never released on a label or as a hard disc.
So I uploaded it to YouTube.

You have to give it a chance, a few listens. Not everyone's cup of tea. But there are some killer tracks. But as an album overall, just flows so well from track to track, like it's one combined track.

Again, an Al Jourgensen ;)

Every time I die - Low Teens

I'm only recommending it because it was recommended to me a short time ago and I'm digging the s**t out of it.

Goldenblue

Norm Smith Medallist
Ex-Moderator
Aug 2, 2001
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Nothing like a good cone of hydies and Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon.

* Rap, Techno, Dance. Can't get the same feel after a cone :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kakkle

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jun 2, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Los Angeles Dodgers
Bugs in Amber - Rocketship Letters

There is very little on this band on the internet. Nothing really on google. All I can really gather is that they were from Seattle, and were around from 1997 - 2003. The member in this band have played in other Seattle based bands (nothing of any notoriety). I came across one of their tracks in a skateboard video I think in early 2001 from memory, and was obsessed.

A few recommendations:

'Sound Awake' by Karnivool. A complete album from start to finish, each song on the album has it's place and purpose. One of those albums you either get it or you don't. Loved by so many, unknown by so many more. Truly is worth a listen. The band itself is not easily compared to other bands, they sort of just do their own thing and have their own sound.

'Vulture Street' by Powderfinger. No skipable songs on there at all.

'Nevermind' by Nirvana - need I say more? Legendary album.

Also, 'The Long Now' by Melbourne band Children Collide. Spectacular.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Brilliant album, first 2 tracks are absolute pearlers

A few recommendations:

'Sound Awake' by Karnivool. A complete album from start to finish, each song on the album has it's place and purpose. One of those albums you either get it or you don't. Loved by so many, unknown by so many more. Truly is worth a listen. The band itself is not easily compared to other bands, they sort of just do their own thing and have their own sound.

'Vulture Street' by Powderfinger. No skipable songs on there at all.

'Nevermind' by Nirvana - need I say more? Legendary album.

Also, 'The Long Now' by Melbourne band Children Collide. Spectacular.
Very good album I miss them as a band their first 2 albums where amazing

Last edited:
Man, so many albums posted in this thread by others that I have to check out. And always a chance some of them at the least end up becoming another "favorite" requiring discography collecting :(
Nothing wrong with that! Nothing I love more than discovering a new band which requires the entire back catalogue! :)

I beat the lead singer of Royal Headache in a gravy skoling competition at the short lived "Flip Out Festival" (Mikey Young from ECSR etc) at the Manning Bar one day. He reminded me of it at the Laneway Festival last year.

The Mollusk was with me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back