Recommend an Album

Remove this Banner Ad

Converge - Axe To Fall

Have just downloaded, you'd better be right otherwise you owe me 100MB!

This is an absolute ripper if you like 70s hard rock (though then again you'll have it if you do I'm sure)

220px-RainbowRainbowRising.jpg

Hey and just listened to the first 3 tracks of the Converge album, good stuff! It's kinda trashy but more punk from what I can tell, similar ish to Kverletak who I like as well. Will have to add them to my Download list, cheers!
Their guitarist, Kurt Ballou, produced the first 2 Kverletak albums. He’s done heaps more like Nails, APMD, Black Breath & a lot more.

For once in your life, listen to me, and trust me on music. Marc Bolan was a *ingg genius.

The legend goes that Bolan's poster was the only one on Malcolm Young's wall. He had a knack for writing simple tunes and I like to think a bit of it rubbed off on Malcolm. AC/DC made a career out of those early catchy riffs.

Most of T. Rex's stuff hasn't aged too badly.

ABBA- 1. Arrival, 2.The Visitors. All songs are of excellent quality, even for those non ABBA fans
Jethro Tull- Warchild. Total high quality
Pink Floyd- Dark Side of The Moon.
Bob Dylan- Blood on The Tracks
Van Morrison- Astral Weeks.
Beach Boys- Pet Sounds
Beatles- Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Cat Empire- Two Shoes
Rolling Stones- Beggars Banquet
Wings- Band On The Run.
Moody Blues- Seventh Sojourn

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Into progressive metal / rock?
Into rock opera / space rock with a Sci-fi twist?
Like multi vocalists and instrumentalists?

Then I recommend the project Ayreon and the latest album The Source.

Check out the opening track to The Source, The Day That The World Breaks Down in the video below.

The song is a good representation of what Ayreon is all about and the music that is created. Other notable albums include The Human Equation, The Theory Of Everything, Into The Electric Castle, The Universal Migrator Parts I & II and 01011001

Included in the video is the lead project artists notes about the creation of the song as well has discussing his thoughts on the eleven guests vocalists and instrumentalists.

These guest vocalists include James LaBrie (Dream Theater), Tommy Karevik (Kamelot), Tommy Rogers (Between the Buried and Me), Simone Simons (Epica), Nils K. Rue (Pagan's Mind), Tobias Sammet (Avantasia), Hansi Kürsch (Bling Guardian), Mike Mills (Toehider), Russell Allen (Symphony X), Michael Eriksen (Circus Maximus) & Floor Jansen (Nightwish).

Have you checked out the project any further? And your thoughts?

I've only listened to that track you posted above. Haven't had time to listen to the whole album, a bit swamped at the moment trying to watch all four seasons of Black Mirror, do some work spreadsheets, as well fantasy football spreadsheets.

Initial thoughts -- I like things that are different, that are unique/original. Full marks there. Tho, probably not something I'd listen to regularly, or blaze from my car while driving. I need more time to delve into it and see how I feel about it.

Have just downloaded, you'd better be right otherwise you owe me 100MB!

This is an absolute ripper if you like 70s hard rock (though then again you'll have it if you do I'm sure)

220px-RainbowRainbowRising.jpg

Just download this due to your recommendation absolutely brilliant! thanks :thumbsu:
I've been listening to a lot of 70's metal/Rock lately such as Zepplin, Foghat, Deep Purple, Boston, Frampton etc.. this album is probably the best out of the lot lol.

Thanks again!

Just download this due to your recommendation absolutely brilliant! thanks :thumbsu:
I've been listening to a lot of 70's metal/Rock lately such as Zepplin, Foghat, Deep Purple, Boston, Frampton etc.. this album is probably the best out of the lot lol.

Thanks again!

Yeah mate it's a classic, Dio and Blackmore together, what a team! I just try and imagine what this would have been like to hear back when it was released, still blows the doors off today I reckon. Stargazer is my 3 year old's favourite song ha ha, trying to do the right thing by him early!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back