Recommend an Album

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm interested in arguing the point, but I'm more interested in Apathy.
There are a TON of all-time great songs on Dogma tho....

dazed and confucious
get thee in my behind satan
i dont want tism, i want a girlfriend
my generation
pus of the dead/life kills
let's club it to death
they shoot heroin don't they
let's form a company
leo's tolstoy
it's novel, it's unique, it's shithouse
the tism finance plan offer
we are the champignons

volcboy

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
There are a TON of all-time great songs on Dogma tho....

dazed and confucious
get thee in my behind satan
i dont want tism, i want a girlfriend
my generation
pus of the dead/life kills
let's club it to death
they shoot heroin don't they
let's form a company
leo's tolstoy
it's novel, it's unique, it's shithouse
the tism finance plan offer
we are the champignons

Morrison Hostel /end argument

volcboy

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Fosters car park boogie
"I'm a bogan baby,always was
I'm only happy when I punch a mod"

"Snot-nosed, jumped up little bludger
When I see you, wanna punch ya"

Also, one other underrated song on that album:

"Epistemology shits me, ontology shits me
Phraseology shits me, scatology shits me
Life shits me, this song shits me
Even s**t shits me
But they don't s**t me one tiny eentzy weentzy minuscule macroscopic nanoseismic pan-insignificant zoophytic neo-nonexistent bit compared to the way…
I s**t me, whoa!

I make me wanna vomit, I'm the pits
Even if the world had value
I'd still give me the shits"

wmvaux

All Australian
Jul 29, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
I love the vocals of Noora Louhimo, she has a great blend of other quality singers and this album is solid. A few more commercial type songs on this album, but really enjoying it.

Attachments

• Battle Beast - No More Hollywood Endings - front.jpg
    Battle Beast - No More Hollywood Endings - front.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

Mudguts12

All Australian
Jul 6, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

I've been listening to Dax Riggs lately. Dark country grunge is the best way to describe it but rocks pretty hard too. Recommend his album 'If this is hell then I'm lucky'. He's got an awesome back catalogue from sludge metal (when he fronted Acid Bath) to more recent mellow stuff 👍

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle

I've been listening to Dax Riggs lately. Dark country grunge is the best way to describe it but rocks pretty hard too. Recommend his album 'If this is hell then I'm lucky'. He's got an awesome back catalogue from sludge metal (when he fronted Acid Bath) to more recent mellow stuff 👍

I'll be checking this out in more depth. The back catalog etc. Hes got a pretty good voice and meaningful lyrical content.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ok, not to be repetitious but I'm now on to The Cult's Beyond Good and Evil album. Wowsers.

I pretty much stopped listening to the cult after the Electric album (way back then) and am only going thru now all the albums since then.

Album "The Cult" is different, got a lot of different musical elements, not a standard rock album. Awesome.
Album "Beyond Good and Evil" is back to standard rock fare, with some heavy crunching riffs. Awesome.
Still more albums to go thru.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm so surprisingly shocked. I stopped following The Cult's music after the "Electric" album. Wrapped them up as "just a dorky rock band". But having gone back and d/l'd their full catalog and given all those albums they made after a real listen.....I have fallen in love with them. They have such a broad and diverse musical capacity. They really developed and expanded their repertoire. So many amazing guitar riffs, so many amazing sad songs and sad bits of music/instrumentation, so many powerful thunderous hard-rock tracks, and wowsers at Ian Astbury's vocal range.

Highly recommend the following albums....so much listening joy in them, so much variety and what sounds like all-time G.O.A.T. melodies and riffs and vocal parts in their music. Like better than anything ever produced by all rock bands. Like right up there with all the other all-time great bands.

Albums...
"The Cult"
"Beyond Good and Evil"
"Born Into This"
"Choice of Weapon"
"Hidden City"

Back