Recommend an Album

Remove this Banner Ad

I've posted this here before, but highly recommended. Roger Waters newest album from a couple years ago. Very classic Pink Floyd, perhaps as good or better than anything Pink Floyd have done, certainly up there in the top 5.

And an older Roger Waters album (with Clapton on guitar) thats also up there in the top 5.

Waters gotta be the greatest song-writer ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you like your super catchy pop-punk albums with a rocky edge? Look no further...

French 79: Olympic / Joshua

I am a latecomer to electronic music and in particular French electronica

R-10926423-1507667713-7876.jpeg.jpg

Has grown on me though and I came across an artist French 79 (Simon Henner) who had been involved in various musical projects, videos, soundtracks before this solo side project came to fruition.

Debut album Olympic came out in 2016 and was followed by another album Joshua in 2019. Both 80s influenced.

A track from Olympic:

A track from Joshua (could soundtrack Stranger Things haha):

Last edited:
Magnolia Bayou these guys are great a mix of Rock 'n Roll, Blues and a little of that good old American folk.

Their latest Album Strange Place is a gem give it a listen!

Also a feature and review of the album below

Last edited:
Logos is a 2009 release by Atlas Sound, which is the solo side project of Deerhunter frontman Bradford Cox. This was the second album from Atlas Sound. Ambient, psychedelic pop.

697173f8.jpg

The first single Walkabout got a bit of radio play and is quite catchy.

But my favourite song from the album is the centrepiece Quick Canal featuring vocals from Lætitia Sadier of Stereolab. Actually one of my favourite ever songs

Women were a Canadian art rock / post rock band. They only released two albums around 2010 and didn't really find an audience but their output is well regarded. Their second and final album Public Strain got a bit of love on Pitchfork. Fairly unpredictable album - some sunny pop moments mixed in with some fairly grating stuff. Struck a chord with me

29742bc1.jpg

My favourite song from the album is the closer, Eyesore. Absolutely love the outro.

The ultimate metal album. The heaviest ive ever heard. Each track harder than the one before. Culminating in a ******* avalanche of a song at the end.

I'm assuming you're still talking about "The Devil You Know"? Not a fan. I loved RJD's early Sabbath work. "Heaven and Hell" and "Mob Rules" were a real breath of fresh air for the band and classic albums in their own right. But "Dehumanizer" and TDYK didn't get anywhere near those heights.

Speaking of Ronnie James Dio, this is the greatest album ever made:

I'm assuming you're still talking about "The Devil You Know"? Not a fan. I loved RJD's early Sabbath work. "Heaven and Hell" and "Mob Rules" were a real breath of fresh air for the band and classic albums in their own right. But "Dehumanizer" and TDYK didn't get anywhere near those heights.

Speaking of Ronnie James Dio, this is the greatest album ever made:

Appreciate the recommendation, will listen to it today

Remove this Banner Ad

Back