Club History Record Breaking 13 years looks likely!!

Remove this Banner Ad

15, soon to be 16

giphy.gif

Well yeah obviously, no need to spoil the fun :p but with Hawthorn playing their 5th GF in 7 years and a shot at a three-peat - and considering we scrubbed em in both our clashes with them this year - I can see our team winning multiple premierships.

The possibility is certainly there to stop Hawthorn making 4 in a row as we did to Brisbane in 2004.. ;)

Im looking forward to this ( being one that has seats behind the goals ) He wont be a patch on Warren, no one will, until one of of our forwards take the bit. I'm not confident in Charlie and all the hype...................we are a s**t load behind Hawthorn at the moment. Boys that want to work together, whipe eachothers bums when mummy isnt available. Kochie, KT ?????????????????? Its not up to them, its up to those young lads to win us a flag. I'm over us Port Adelaide s**t to tell the truth. We havent brought our real s**t and everyone knows ths. I still love my club but i'm dillusional at the moment. If Fos Williams were here he'd move some s**t around.

Whos Charlie Dixon?????????????????????

Im looking forward to this ( being one that has seats behind the goals ) He wont be a patch on Warren, no one will, until one of of our forwards take the bit. I'm not confident in Charlie and all the hype...................we are a s**t load behind Hawthorn at the moment. Boys that want to work together, whipe eachothers bums when mummy isnt available. Kochie, KT ?????????????????? Its not up to them, its up to those young lads to win us a flag. I'm over us Port Adelaide s**t to tell the truth. We havent brought our real s**t and everyone knows ths. I still love my club but i'm dillusional at the moment. If Fos Williams were here he'd move some s**t around.

Whos Charlie Dixon?????????????????????

You reckon the likes of Croad, Guerra, Cyril, Buddy and Campbell Brown just self-governed themselves to premiership-status?

And so we had a down year, after being a premiership favourite. It happens.

Hawthorn won just the 9 games in 2009, when they were supposed to reach god-tier given their age profile as reigning premiers. Didn't climb the mountain for another 5 years as it happens.

We're in okay shape.

I want a ******* flag now, i'm sick and tired of these crow flogs carrying on about back to back. I want my team to step up. I dont want injury excuses, i dont want Charlie Dixon excuses. I want a flag, i ddont want second best.............or all the banter that goes with it.

I want a ******* flag now, i'm sick and tired of these crow flogs carrying on about back to back. I want my team to step up. I dont want injury excuses, i dont want Charlie Dixon excuses. I want a flag, i ddont want second best.............or all the banter that goes with it.

We all do. 11 years without a premiership is embarrassing. But they're ridiculously hard to win and you need a lot of things to go right. All we can do is give ourselves the best possible chance and so far we're doing that.

Our fitness staff/regime/facilities would be in the top percentile across the league and our list management has been excellent, having identified and landed exactly the recruits and draftees we want while retaining all our big guns.

Assuming everyone is fit we will go into Round 1 with just about the strongest 22 - line for line - in the club's 146-year history, without a single passenger or crab in black, white and teal.

It's all in our hands.

Injury excuses? I'm sure if you took Lewis, Smith, Lake and Gibson out of Hawthorns team they wouldn't have won the flag this year.

You reckon the likes of Croad, Guerra, Cyril, Buddy and Campbell Brown just self-governed themselves to premiership-status?

And so we had a down year, after being a premiership favourite. It happens.

Hawthorn won just the 9 games in 2009, when they were supposed to reach god-tier given their age profile as reigning premiers. Didn't climb the mountain for another 5 years as it happens.

We're in okay shape.
History doesnt repeat Tribes. You make your own legend. And i dont think we are on the path to that. You come back at me if you think i'm wrong. Ive got a lot to say about my club, one thing is we are not aggressive enough. See how it pans out..................but Port Adelaide in the AFL have been passive and not used our devices enough. My thoughts, but i'm ******* angry.

History doesnt repeat Tribes. You make your own legend. And i dont think we are on the path to that. You come back at me if you think i'm wrong. Ive got a lot to say about my club, one thing is we are not aggressive enough. See how it pans out..................but Port Adelaide in the AFL have been passive and not used our devices enough. My thoughts, but i'm ******* angry.

We already saw a change last year during the GWS, Hawthorn and GC17 games. All three of those teams tried to rough us up - as Carlton had successfully done prior to the bye - and all three were met fiercely, physically, verbally and in the manner of our play.

Where we'd previously capitulated meekly we instead played Port Adelaide football and won in all departments.

There is nothing to suggest we have not learned our lesson and will regress now.

We all do. 11 years without a premiership is embarrassing. But they're ridiculously hard to win and you need a lot of things to go right. All we can do is give ourselves the best possible chance and so far we're doing that.

Our fitness staff/regime/facilities would be in the top percentile across the league and our list management has been excellent, having identified and landed exactly the recruits and draftees we want while retaining all our big guns.

Assuming everyone is fit we will go into Round 1 with just about the strongest 22 - line for line - in the club's 146-year history, without a single passenger or crab in black, white and teal.

It's all in our hands.
Grrrrrrr thats how it is every season tribal............doesnt help me much. I'm a mental case. Beating Hawthorn all the time does my head in. Ok i'll just sit back and read you guys posts. Doesnt help me me much. I sit there and see us play football, ******* football. And then. Those boys. I love them but they do my head in.:fire:

Shut up dick head.
You shut up, all you're doing is dribbling crap. Those four players would be, in my opinion, the equivalent of Wines, Polec, Trengove and Carlile. Yet if hawthorn were to lose those players for a period of time I doubt you would be banging on about how they ain't aggressive etc. We went down to hawthorn by three points to play off in the grand final, since than we have added Ryder Dixon, Toumpas as well as Bonner. Yes we had an off year, but just remember how close we came to being in the grand final without Ryder, Dixon and Toumpas, Toumpas is still an unknown, but could become a vital part of our team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You shut up, all you're doing is dribbling crap. Those four players would be, in my opinion, the equivalent of Wines, Polec, Trengove and Carlile. Yet if hawthorn were to lose those players for a period of time I doubt you would be banging on about how they ain't aggressive etc. We went down to hawthorn by three points to play off in the grand final, since than we have added Ryder Dixon, Toumpas as well as Bonner. Yes we had an off year, but just remember how close we came to being in the grand final without Ryder, Dixon and Toumpas, Toumpas is still an unknown, but could become a vital part of our team.
Oh holey jesus.

Father, forgive us our sins, for we forgive those that sin against us. Give us this day, our daily bread, forgive us our tresspasses , as we ******* forgive you, dont lead me into temptation, or i'll smash your head in, deliver m from evil.

Amen.

One thing Hawthorn did extremely well is manage their injuries. Players like Lake, Rioli, Gibson, Hale and others over the last three years have been rested from a full season as they had niggling injuries. This resulted in Hawthorn occasionally putting on the field a team that wasn't their best and they sometimes lost those games, particularly against us. But because they'd been rested all the best players were cherry ripe for the finals. Although our kicking lost us the PF in 2014 Brian Lake's game on Chad Wingard also had a good bit to do with it. He was one of the outs when we beat them at AO. He was also the Norm Smith medallist that year. Cyril Rioli only played half a season in 2014 and came back in 2015 to dominate as a small forward and win the Norm Smith in 2015. And in 2012 both Sam Mitchell and Luke Hodge missed half the season but were there for the GF which Hawthorn lost but had more shots than Sydney.
Although Hawthorn were able to keep up their home and away performance with less than their best 22 we haven't had a great second tier so injuries would have hit us in 2013 and 2014 and did contribute to our bad performance in 2015. With the emergence of Sam Gray and Brendon Ah Chee we should be better covered for injuries.

12 years is the longest drought in the history of our Club between flags.

Not to heap any more pressure on the PAFC boys (AFL+SANFL) going into 2016 + without getting ahead of ourselves, there will be a new record set if we don't take a flag in 2016.

Other than 1928-36, 1939-51 + 1965-77.. 2004-2016 is the longest period between Premierships.

Is there history here in the making?
But let's be honest, I am proud of our history but a lot more chance of getting Premierships back in the SNAFL than in an eighteen team National comp. Problem with our Magpies is all the SNAFL restrictions we now have. I would, of course, happily have a Premiership in either comp but naturally more important for our club survival and to prosper to get one with the Power. The best outcome would be to seta new record by getting a Power and SNAFL flag in the one year.

Mate, I wan't back to back to back.. be patient.
Reserve your judgement for when we start flogging teams next season!

We've gone from being the best club in a state league with 8/9 opponents to a national league with 15/16/17 opponents.

Flags are definitely harder to get.

Still.. the 12 year drought record must not be broken!

We need a flag in 2016 whether in the SANFL or the AFL.. no pressure ;) :confused:

We all want a flag now. But as many other posters have said they are hard as hell to get in the 18 team comp. We failed this year, miserably I might add no doubt of that. But to get where we are going there are steps that the group and staff have to go through I feel 2015 was one of them as much as it was no fun for any of us this year. Nearly all premiership sides have had that lull bar Hawthorn in 2008 before they took the next step. Injuries and poor form and some panic from our coaches set the rot in for this season, but as far as I can tell Hinkley and co. have acknowledged it and realized what they all did wrong and are taking the necessary steps for 2016 and beyond.

I believe 2016 will be our year, that's just a opinion after watching this group grow the last 3 years, and the lessons they learnt and put into practice the last 4 weeks of 2015 will hold them in good stead for 2016. Anything like a flag worth having is never given, it has to be earnt through hard work and suffering along the way, our players and coaches suffered in 2015 but no one in the comp works as hard as they do, or has the elite fitness and coaching available to them as this group does, plus with the mix of match winning talent we posses on our list. We need a bit of luck along the way all premiership sides do, especially with injury which we didn't have this year. But the building blocks are there with our club now not for one flag, but for many I feel.

We all want a flag now. But as many other posters have said they are hard as hell to get in the 18 team comp. We failed this year, miserably I might add no doubt of that. But to get where we are going there are steps that the group and staff have to go through I feel 2015 was one of them as much as it was no fun for any of us this year. Nearly all premiership sides have had that lull bar Hawthorn in 2008 before they took the next step. Injuries and poor form and some panic from our coaches set the rot in for this season, but as far as I can tell Hinkley and co. have acknowledged it and realized what they all did wrong and are taking the necessary steps for 2016 and beyond.

I believe 2016 will be our year, that's just a opinion after watching this group grow the last 3 years, and the lessons they learnt and put into practice the last 4 weeks of 2015 will hold them in good stead for 2016. Anything like a flag worth having is never given, it has to be earnt through hard work and suffering along the way, our players and coaches suffered in 2015 but no one in the comp works as hard as they do, or has the elite fitness and coaching available to them as this group does, plus with the mix of match winning talent we posses on our list. We need a bit of luck along the way all premiership sides do, especially with injury which we didn't have this year. But the building blocks are there with our club now not for one flag, but for many I feel.

Well said!

One step at a time, if they can focus on the small steps and not get ahead of themselves, which I think Kenny and the team can help them do I may add, they will get what they deserve.

They need to focus on not just one season at a time, not one game at a time, but simply giving 100% at each training session, each little drill, remaining unselfish, united as one team and they will absolutely destroy some teams on the park this coming season!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back