Record QLD high score (?)

Remove this Banner Ad

AeroBoy

Debutant
Mar 2, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
From last weekend's round in the AFL South Queensland Second Division comp...

Logan City 56-20 365
Gympie 0-0 0

This is the second highest score I've ever seen, and the highest I've seen in QLD.

Anyone know the all-time record for a high score?

AeroBoy

Not sure about all time but in 1970 in the Whyalla Football league in South Australia, North Whyalla 60 goals something defeated Weeroona Bay 0 score, Rodney Robran kicked 23 goals.

Check the records for a few years back, follow Port Elliott's results, whoever was playing against them would have had a good chance of posting 60+ goals. They, Port Elliott, are not so bad now

Don't know about AFLSQ/BAFL/SQAFA .... will find out. I can assure 400 or so was kicked about 1987 by someone like Everton Park against Marsden or Banyo.

Some other records to ponder ....

ALL TIME - Campbell's Creek - 100-34-634 d Primrose 3-0-18 (Maryborough League - 1990)

Most goals in a match - Doug Enser 60-8 (Noble Park 1967)

AFLQ - Morningside 47-28-310 d Caloundra 1-3-9 (1990 - Darren Vickery kicked 23-7 .... also a record)

AFL/VFL - Geelong 37-17-239 (v Brisbane 1992)

SANFL - Glenelg 49-23-317 d Centrals 11-13-79 (1975)

SFL - Wests 57-28-370 d Balmain 3-7-25 (1973)

Interstate match - WA 43-19-277 (v Qld 1924)

Best/Worst club performance in one day (1986) -
1st Grade - Williamstown 55-17-347 d Camberwell 4-8-32
2nd Grade - Williamstown 60-22-382 d Camberwell 3-7-25
3rd Grade - Williamstown 57-34-376 d Camberwell 1-1-7

Can any of you Croweaters, Mexicans or Sandgropers confirm anything has beaten these ??? Or any other records from any League around the country ???

:confused:

In a country league in Tasmania, the ODFA, Woodsdale kicked just over 400 points in each of its first two games of the season a few years ago. The club was trying to achieve a record for the most weeks at number one on the ladder and late in the last quarter of round 1 the score was about 400 to 0. There was a debate about whether the percentage would be treated as infinity (thus high enough to be first on the ladder) or shown as zero as it couldn't be calculated properly (divison by zero). Woodsdale resolved the issue by deliberately taking the ball into their opponents forward line and rushing it through for a point.

At my old club Alexandra Hills, I now have a longstanding nickname ..... "Banyo" 1991 I think it was, we were belting the Banyo bloods and holding them scoreless midway thru the last term. In that League (BAFL), they had a rule at the time that if you beat a side to nil, you wouldn't be given the for and against for that match. (Piss-poor rule in a way, but as there were plenty of nil scores in those lower divisions, I thought it perhaps had some merit.)

Anyway, I was aware of this rule, and also aware that we needed percentage to grab 3rd (top 5) on the table as it was the last game of the season. I played back flank that day, and finally got my third touch of the bloody ball .... then proceeded to run it 50 metres thru my own goal, thus giving Banyo a point. We won 29-14-188 to 0-1-1 .... remember the scoreline distinctly !!!

Anyway, the coach at the time (*****head he was !!!) dragged me immediately as it wrecked his plan of keeping the opposition scoreless. (The club had never kept a side scoreless before)

Doesn't matter though, we finished third .... but then choked and went bang-bang straight out of the finals !!!!

But the name Banyo has stood the test of time .... :p

I was there that day when DARREN "butch" Vickery kicked 23 goals at Jack Esplen oval, I am sure he kicked a very similar amount of goals ina pre season game against coorparoo in the early 90s, what a team at morningside, i believe the best ever seen in the local comp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back