Scape Goat Recreational drug saga

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
All posts wishing to discuss the issue at hand should be made in this thread.

Some rules will apply:

* Naming or hinting of players you suspect to be involved will be carded or worse

* Opposition supporters coming in just to troll the situation. Same

* If you have any friends who has an uncle who walks the dog of a guy who delivers chinese food to Karmichals next door neighbour, and you heard something - Deliver the news to myself or exile first. As previously mentioned, parents, players and club staff all come through here regularly. Our club is in deep enough atm - Don't want anyone else's name, rightly or wrongly being dragged through the mud.

We will be watching

Is anyone a subscriber to herald sun? Article on their website this morning stating that 12 players now implicated.

If I was a player on any of those golf trips I'd seriously consider civil action against that sniveling rugby rat. The players have denied it, they haven't tested positive and we should all believe the hazy word of someone desperate to save his own skin. His generic comments about certain events suited his position at the time. The police have had the statement for a long time and there is insuffucient evidence to interview our players. Again I'm not naive, but this is an AFL issue and to watch the media in a frenzy to lay the boots in is difficult. The club needs to make a stand sure, but we are taking the uncorroborated word of an addict.

By the sounds of it.. The herald sun has already got all the names.. But for legal reasons they are not publishing them..
So you'd think the AFL and the Suns could and should have the names too.

Yeah a defamanation lawsuit if they name them , so the names will never come out and this story will die in a couple of days.

Yeah a defamanation lawsuit if they name them , so the names will never come out and this story will die in a couple of days.
Simply because they have absolutely no evidence. The media have an agenda that suits their attack on our club as a $100 million wasteland. Last week it was Ablett being soft.

If I was a player on any of those golf trips I'd seriously consider civil action against that sniveling rugby rat. The players have denied it, they haven't tested positive and we should all believe the hazy word of someone desperate to save his own skin. His generic comments about certain events suited his position at the time. The police have had the statement for a long time and there is insuffucient evidence to interview our players. Again I'm not naive, but this is an AFL issue and to watch the media in a frenzy to lay the boots in is difficult. The club needs to make a stand sure, but we are taking the uncorroborated word of an addict.

the reason they won't ever get a positive test is because its too easy to beat the system. AFL clubs tell there players if they have a night out and do go down that path just too sweet it out the next day so there is no trace of illicit drugs in their system. (obliviously different drugs different methods of getting the drugs out of your system)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the reason they won't ever get a positive test is because its too easy to beat the system. AFL clubs tell there players if they have a night out and do go down that path just too sweet it out the next day so there is no trace of illicit drugs in their system. (obliviously different drugs different methods of getting the drugs out of your system)
So in other words there is no evidence.

The hardest part for me to deal with at the moment is that just like the following clubs we are now tainted forever

Essendon - doping and salary cap cheating
Eagles - drug culture
Melb / carl - tanking
Crows -salary cap cheats

whether its true or alleged the mud sticks :cry:
I'm heading up for the Eagles game but I'm doing every thing possible to move work commitments to get up there this weekend to support the club. This is an AFL issue and we're the scapegoats. Soft targets for journos who are bored since Malthouse got the flick. These boys aren't armed robbers or heroin dealers FFS.

I'm heading up for the Eagles game but I'm doing every thing possible to move work commitments to get up there this weekend to support the club. This is an AFL issue and we're the scapegoats. Soft targets for journos who are bored since Malthouse got the flick. These boys aren't armed robbers or heroin dealers FFS.

This would support your argument

From Andrew Travis

Travis recently said the Suns were below average in terms of positive drug tests among clubs, although the AFL Players Association has refused to allow the most recent results from 2014 to be publicly released.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Roos and Buckley saying the club might not have the right to investigate its own players for illicit drug infringements.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...on-tv-last-night/story-fnp04d70-1227420850831

This has been my thoughts all along
Would Robbo be peeved if the Herald Sun told him he couldn't get on the piss every night and weekend because it was killing braincells and as their employee they'd like him to have as many as possible?
And then ask him to have a breath test every morning when he arrived at work?
And I don't buy the "but but cocaine is illegal" argument
That's just pious bs IMO and as Roos and Buckley say...how can a Club or the AFL investigate it?

One of the things I've pondered is that while K Hunt was saving his skin by dumping on our Club and his team mates, you wonder if anyone from the Club gave him a character reference that enabled him to not only get off the trafficking charge but have an unrecorded conviction + fine
If it was the case, that's when his character would be questioned even further
I guess he's admitted to being a drug addict though hasn't he?

One of the things I've pondered is that while K Hunt was saving his skin by dumping on our Club and his team mates, you wonder if anyone from the Club gave him a character reference that enabled him to not only get off the trafficking charge but have an unrecorded conviction + fine
If it was the case, that's when his character would be questioned even further
I guess he's admitted to being a drug addict though hasn't he?
I used to think very highly of K. That he displayed a tremendous level of mental toughness if not ability... only to find he's packed his dacks at the first copper to say boo to him, dobbing in his mates in a totally un-Australian manner, in order to protect himself and his $$$$.

I used to think very highly of K. That he displayed a tremendous level of mental toughness if not ability... only to find he's packed his dacks at the first copper to say boo to him, dobbing in his mates in a totally un-Australian manner, in order to protect himself and his $$$$.

I think he had no choice as the amount he had was what a drug dealer would carry?

Though not sure why he would name all 12, instead of maybe 1 or 2.

I think he had no choice as the amount he had was what a drug dealer would carry?

Though not sure why he would name all 12, instead of maybe 1 or 2.

Exactly, he had a choice, admit to being a dealer, admit your own faults not throw others under the bus to save your worthless hide

Gaz the escape GOAT!!
Not sure what GOAT means? Darren Lockyer have anything to do with GOAT?

When Andrew Johns was caught with drugs, He'd been with Darren Lockyer eating cheeseburgers the night before.

When Wendall Sailor was caught with Coke, Darren Lockyer was full of cheeseburgers.

Locky is famous for loving cheeseburgers. Everyone knows he loves them and ate them for his whole career. Just as well. He has been in the wrong place at the wrong time many times, but luckily he was always just eating cheeseburgers.

See, that's the difference, players like Locky that a whole state admires, and kids idolise, eat cheeseburgers. Others, not so high profile, take drugs.

Hooray for Locky!! What a great man!!!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back