Scape Goat Recreational drug saga

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we know where the photos came from? Is it another player that took them?

Hopefully it goes the good way - and this is the kick the bloke needs to get away from this stuff ... leave the Gold Coast / leave the AFL if that is what it takes, put your health ahead of the game / club / team mates.

If it goes the wrong way - and he just spirals into depression and self loathing ... I hope he has strong people around him who can help him through it.

Because I'm guessing Harley is mates with the people who used on that trip. If you watch someone doing the same thing as you've done get thrown to the wolves would you want to stay...

The QCCC said there is no evidence to support Karmichaels claims of what happened on that golf trip. To me, that says we can leave that alone. Any further speculating will result in infractions.

The Harley picture in question now is from 2013 - It comes from a period when we knew he was having a hard and troubled time of things. Not to justify it, but it was a few years ago. A lot of things have happened since then

Good on him!

Take whatever punishment gets thrown his way, apologise and bring some trust and respect back to the club!

Rocking up to training was probably a huge step for him today. The fact that he has taken that step shows me that he has the strength to get through this!

Didn't Robbo and HS explicitly say "we won't name players from the report"?

Good to know a full page spread with pics doesn't compromise that!!

Didnt he have a run in with Harley @ the brownlow? Robbo would have been so happy he got these photos.... chomping at the bit or whatever the expression is.

Last edited:
Good on him!

Take whatever punishment gets thrown his way, apologise and bring some trust and respect back to the club!

Rocking up to training was probably a huge step for him today. The fact that he has taken that step shows me that he has the strength to get through this!

Perhaps that strength is knowing that another 11 players in the team have taken? He hasn't really disappointed anyone as many will be sympathetic towards him.

This one sums it up for me

"
King said the photos “takes the veil of secrecy off drugs in the AFL system”.

“It’s not a ‘Mad Monday’. This is your preparation to play AFL football. Now we have to accept that now there is a massive issue. A major issue. This would not be the only time that this has happened,” King said on SEN this morning.

“People say ‘this goes on, it’s part of society’, but when you see a photo, it’s quite confrontational.

“I’m worried about (Bennell).”

"

Deserves the punishment coming his way if the article is correct that he had 2 random in the room.

When doing drugs it should be alone or with other team mates who cant rat.

Totally... someone like Karmichael Hunt. :D

One thing I find interesting in this whole affair is the Suns management continually denying any knowledge of the players taking drugs, boozing, & partying.
The truth is instead if being open and honest to the supporters and disciplining bad behaviour management have chosen to turn a blind eye and cover the whole mess up. Yes this year they have started to discipline players however the truth is still no where to be seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'll blow over (no pun intended). Matthew Stokes is proof of that.

This is very true. In Stokes' defence, I blame the horrible moustache he was rocking at the time which made him resemble a Mexican drug Lord.
602358-pn-news-mathew-stokes-316-story-portrait-316x421-.jpg

This is very true. In Stokes' defence, I blame the horrible moustache he was rocking at the time which made him resemble a Mexican drug Lord.

I blame someone higher up in the club for not setting better examples...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back