Discussion Recreational drug use

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I mixed it a while back, seemed to have an added calming effect.

I really miss weed man, but I got too much s**t to juggle atm, and falling asleep with a mouth full of maltesers doesn't really scream "marry me". lmao

Gonna retire out bush one day and have my own natural crop!

What would you suggest for chronic pain and also depression and anxiety ?

Are you okay?

On the latter 2 I’d suggest speaking to a GP and getting a mental health care plan.

This means you can see a psychologist and get Medicare refunds for up to 10 sessions per calendar year. Medicare will cover about 2/3 of the cost of therapy sessions (if not more).

Recreational drugs definitely not a good cure for depression and anxiety as the problems are there as soon as you sober up. Often worse.

Depending on how bad your depression and anxiety is you’d either be treated with some kind of drug to treat the symptoms or they would use techniques such as CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) which involves talking and exercises to try and change the brain patterns that are causing the anxiety as well as teaching you techniques to help stop attacks happening when you feel triggers (like progressive muscle relaxation).

Hope you or whoever it is affecting is okay.

Last edited:
Are you okay?

On the latter 2 I’d suggest speaking to a GP and getting a mental health care plan.

This means you can see a psychologist and get Medicare refunds for up to 10 sessions per calendar year. Medicare will cover about 2/3 of the cost of therapy sessions (if not more).

Recreational drugs definitely not a good cure for depression and anxiety as the problems are there as soon as you sober up. Often worse.

Depending on how bad your depression and anxiety is you’d either be treated with some kind of drug to treat the symptoms or they would use techniques such as CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) which involves talking and exercises to try and change the brain patterns that are causing the anxiety as well as teaching you techniques to help stop attacks happening when you feel triggers (like progressive muscle relaxation).

Hope you or whoever it is affecting is okay.

I have already been to a psychologist and also a psychiatrist and on depression meds . Was just wondering if there is anything more natural I could take . I won’t go into the details of all my problems or we will be here all night lol.
Thanks anyway .

The issue with recreational drugs for mental health treatment is that you might buy yourself time up but when they roll off it is like you brought forward the light of the next few days into that short time, now the next few days are dark until you've paid the piper for your up time.

Ahh okay, sorry to hear that BT, hope you are finding it manageable.

Thanks , it’s just an ongoing thing , also got chronic pain in my back . Not sure which is worse. Having both is a bugger that’s for sure.

Anyone out there having trouble unwinding, or have a tendency for depression, anxiety, irritability, etc, or would just like to be a little more relaxed/chilled without polluting yourself. Please give these a try. They are cheap, natural, and easy to get.

Damiana
http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-suppl...-703-DAMIANA.aspx?drugid=703&drugname=DAMIANA

$7 bucks for a bag from Happy Herbs on Smith St. Can make a tea, or smoke it instead of pot if you're trying to get off/cut down.
I ran out of Tryptophan and waiting for my order, so popped down to Collingwood today to grab some (have had it before to help with insomnia).
I am freeaaaakin CHILLED right now! Made a tea with a spoon of manuka honey. The girlfriend won't have time to put her handbag down when she gets home, I'll add.

L-Tryptophan
http://au.iherb.com/source-naturals-l-tryptophan-500-mg-60-capsules/7276

Give it a crack!!! $25 all up!
you still recommend this??

Ive been dealing with anxiety and depression pretty much all of my adult life. The last 4 years have been pretty dark and ive coped by going all out partying. I'd pretty much party 5 or 6 nights a week, going to work the next day on 2 hrs sleep if im lucky.

Drug of choice would be mdma. Some e mixed in as well. And ive pretty much experimented with everything bar heroin. I was never hooked, i know its hard to believe but it was just my way of not facing up to things or dealing with grief and it was my way of escaping. And also i did have a hell of a good time.

About 6 months ago i started cutting down on the parties and its probably been 2 months since ive touched anything. Im also now getting proper counselling and im taking my meds regularly (something i neglected for many years)

I do know that once i get better ill most likely still party but i wont feel inclined to do so as much.

For now i guess the priority is sorting my own mental and physical(hypertention thru the roof) health out first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I clicked on this thread expecting elicit substance discussions but am presently surpised to find mature, reasoned posts about mental health and peeps improving their personal well being. Keep it up gents.

Hey BT. I was just checking out these old posts. Happy to discuss back pain methods if you're still in a bad way. I've been through the wringer with it the last few years but am getting results now, after wasting countless thousands.

Prohibition will go down as one of the most absurd aspects of our political past, usurped only by government-mandated racial and gender inequalities. It’s so clearly obvious that prohibition doesn’t work that it’s astounding people still buy into it at this stage of time.

Prohibition will go down as one of the most absurd aspects of our political past, usurped only by government-mandated racial and gender inequalities. It’s so clearly obvious that prohibition doesn’t work that it’s astounding people still buy into it at this stage of time.
Amen. A waste of money, time and resources that has NEVER worked.
Portugal has decriminalised all illicit drugs too, and they’ve seen many benefits.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back