Discussion Recreational drug use

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, a lighter moment.

Was watching the series “Drugs Inc” on the National Geo channel. Each ep dealt with a different location in the US and focused on a particular drug. Very interesting, though after a while it became a bit repetitive. As such I got to playing it in the background whilst I attended to other worldly pursuits, such as surfing BF on the iPad.

Anyhoo, one particular episode was based around the drug trade in Anchorage, Alaska. One of the dealers they featured was given the screen name of “Bush”. His specialty was “crack” and to distinguish his highly desirable product, he mixed an additive which turned the product a pink colour. I was half listening when the voice over guy, in a very serious voice, said:

“In the local trap houses, they can’t get enough of Bush’s pink crack”

I almost lost a mouthful of coffee then and there I tell ya :D

Smoking weed absolutely triggers schizophrenia and psychosis, and the argument that it was there all along dormant and just got brought out by the substance is somewhat true, but there are plenty of people who could have gone on to healthy lives if weed hadn't triggered it. You absolutely have to be careful if anything like psychosis, schizophrenia, bipolar or similar disorders are in your family gene pool. Weed isn't the devil but it's also not the harmless, danger-free substance some claim it to be. There are also still carcinogens in cannabis smoke too, sooooo that's not good for you.

Do you people realize what you are doing to people on this forum who may have some of these problems? whether directly or indirectly, with your holier than thou BS... this thread needs to be shutdown NOW

200_s.gif

I hate arguing online. I really can't be stuffed with it. But I just had to respond to you.

I'm one of the "froffie btigade" and I'm anti drugs.

The only thing is, my opinions are born from life experiences. From what I've seen, from what I've heard and from what I've had to do.

I am not a "gullible nuffy". But if that's what you choose to label me, go for it. I don't really care.

I'm pretty confident in saying my opinion is measured, balanced and educated. Not hysterical (not saying yours is either)
If your anti-drugs.
Get off the booze and the coffee.
And the panadol.

Hey man, you cant say its because of marijuana.. Possibly the addiction itself would be more effective but why not just blame it on your uncles negative choices to have a hit when his brain was susceptible to mental psychosis? You dont see schizophrenics smashing down cones...
Also many alcoholics are abusive? Maybe your uncle had always had the potential for psychotic rages? And just because it was triggered by bud, doesnt mean that his obvious underlying factors wouldnt have been encountered later under different circumstances..
When your uncle chooses to stay at home & rip cones & smoke blunts all day instead of going to work (he used to work for himself in a trade), then yes the marijuana addiction is problem.

And considering he wasn't a cigarette smoker, yet died of lung & brain cancers, then yes the marijuana was probably what killed him. And please don't give that rubbish about him dying of cancer is irrelevant to his marijuana smoking. That would be like saying that a bloke who died of liver cirrhosis didn't necessarily die because he was a raging alcoholic even though he was....

Sanctimonious Bullshit!

Has anyone stopped to consider what legal drugs do to you? Or how about all the stuff they put in your food? Or sugar, the hidden killer?

Oh yeah, it's legal because certain Libby groups hold sway.

The problem with drugs and all other chemicals is that Society us ****ed and rather than looking at a sense of purpose and healthy living, it chases it's tail seeking short term fixes for its lack of happiness.

We walk through life like mindless sheep accepting whatever is given to us, rather than be accountable for our choices.

Have a look at us. Childhood obesity, diabetes, cancer, medication dependency and a fast food mentality.

Drugs? Of course they cause problems, be we as a society can't be bothered addressing the symptoms. And soon as some one tries, people scream blue murder about freedom and the nanny state.

I have seen people I know suicide, overdose and family die from lung cancer.

We have a lot to answer for. But unless you've lived through it in some shape or form, get the * out with your puritan views. If you really care, do something to make a difference.

When your uncle chooses to stay at home & rip cones & smoke blunts all day instead of going to work (he used to work for himself in a trade), then yes the marijuana addiction is problem.

And considering he wasn't a cigarette smoker, yet died of lung & brain cancers, then yes the marijuana was probably what killed him. And please don't give that rubbish about him dying of cancer is irrelevant to his marijuana smoking. That would be like saying that a bloke who died of liver cirrhosis didn't necessarily die because he was a raging alcoholic even though he was....
Using drugs destroyed your uncle's life, that is clear as day. I have a question: Do you think that drug prohibition is effective in the limitation of people from destroying their lives with drugs? Another (more rhetorical) question: how many people in the world have destroyed their lives in similar ways by drinking?

I have had two of my immediate family both put their lives in danger: one living on borrowed time due to sustained alcohol abuse, the other from dangerous psychotic and schizophrenic behavior which was triggered by drug use.

When I stopped drinking, one of the reasons was because I regarded alcohol as dangerous a drug as any of the illegal ones and I rejected its acceptance and the drinking culture.

I certainly don't feel that abuse of any drug is OK, but careful users shouldn't be made to feel like criminals imo.

Using drugs destroyed your uncle's life, that is clear as day. I have a question: Do you think that drug prohibition is effective in the limitation of people from destroying their lives with drugs? Another (more rhetorical) question: how many people in the world have destroyed their lives in similar ways by drinking?

I have had two of my immediate family both put their lives in danger: one living on borrowed time due to sustained alcohol abuse, the other from dangerous psychotic and schizophrenic behavior which was triggered by drug use.

When I stopped drinking, one of the reasons was because I regarded alcohol as dangerous a drug as any of the illegal ones and I rejected its acceptance and the drinking culture.

I certainly don't feel that abuse of any drug is OK, but careful users shouldn't be made to feel like criminals imo.
That's why if you go back to my original post on this topic I said that most things in moderation are fine. Personally, I think marijuana is a wonderful under-utilised drug for proper medicinal purposes. The sooner we have laws passed that allow its use in pain management & allow the use of its oil in those with tics & muscle *******ity, the better.

People keep bringing up alcohol & the problems it creates, but like illegal drugs, problems only start when it's abused & consumed in excess.

Smoking a joint here or there, I have no issue with, in the same way I'm going to have 2 glasses of Laurent-Perrier champagne tonight while watching the footy.

What I hate is people who think it's cool to do drugs & tell you all about how they do drugs because it makes them a rebel due to it being illegal. No, it just makes you a douchebag.

If you're out with mates & you do a drug, it's best to tell a few mates that you've done it but don't brag about it, cos if it's a bad batch & nobody knows you've taken something, then s**t can get very scary

Okay, a lighter moment.

Was watching the series “Drugs Inc” on the National Geo channel. Each ep dealt with a different location in the US and focused on a particular drug. Very interesting, though after a while it became a bit repetitive. As such I got to playing it in the background whilst I attended to other worldly pursuits, such as surfing BF on the iPad.

Anyhoo, one particular episode was based around the drug trade in Anchorage, Alaska. One of the dealers they featured was given the screen name of “Bush”. His specialty was “crack” and to distinguish his highly desirable product, he mixed an additive which turned the product a pink colour. I was half listening when the voice over guy, in a very serious voice, said:

“In the local trap houses, they can’t get enough of Bush’s pink crack”

I almost lost a mouthful of coffee then and there I tell ya :D
liked cos it was posted at 4:20. don't pretend you didn't mean that :p

liked cos it was posted at 4:20. don't pretend you didn't mean that :p

Didn't even know the significance of 4:20 til I googled it just then.

But if it makes me seem smarter, hipper & more streetwise, well yeah I meant it

20101106_WOC504_0.gif

If you are stringently anti currently illicit drugs but are willing to let alcohol slide simply because its a societal norm then I'm sorry but you have very little input of substance to contribute to this conversation.

That study was conducted by David Nutt, who previously was an adviser to the Home Office and Department of Health in the UK as well as being the chairperson of Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs and sat on the Committee on Safety of Medicines. He was promptly sacked from his government positions when he began openly criticizing ministers for refusing to listen to the expert advice that they had paid for to help them form contemporary drug policies.

The legality of a drug is societally driven. All drugs are poisons and the effect is dose related.
Alcohol is quite the worst drug because of its acceptance in our culture and its ready availability.
It is the main contributor to MVA and there may be some data not attributed to the rightful cause.
It is devastating because it more commonly responsible for injury in youngsters with loss of limbs, brain and spinal cord injuries, repeated surgeries and other consequences.

Tobacco is underrepresented there probably because the harm is probably measured by years lost and lung cancer usually affects people later in life. They may have suffered a long period of low quality life due to emphysema or mouth cancer. Bladder cancer is frequent as are cancers at other distant sites.

Legal drug abuse is becoming more common - as evidenced by celebrity deaths recently

Not trying to single you out but this is my biggest issue with people talking about Marijuana. Always the line 'yeh but it's illegal'. So ******* what? Because some morons in the 1920s decided to make it illegal with next to no research done we should write it off? FACT is it has many great benefits for people with Alzheimers, epilepsy, Parkinson's just to name a few. On the contrary, Alcohol ruins so many lives, it's also a depressant and has absolutely no benefits to the human body except that it's fun.
So Rors can sit there and say that weed ruined his uncles life blah blah blah, no it didn't. He like many other people who abuse anything ruined it for themselves. Was his uncle drinking too? Oh but that's right, alcohol is legal so it doesn't matter.
Slowly but surely this country like many others are waking up to the false pretense of Marijuana and it will be legalised.
If anyone is interested in what it can actually do for our society and economy, read up about Colorado and what it's done for them. Small sample size yes, but I'm pretty sure Amsterdam isn't falling apart due to people having a spliff in the park.
I smoke weed pretty much everyday, but do I abuse it? No. Everything in moderation.

On the plane back from Europe I watched the Michael Moore documentary Where to Invade Next. He claims that drugs were spread and criminalised to keep down the civil rights movement. I have heard it was corporate America that got marijuana banned because they wanted to kill off the hemp fibre industry.

Don't smoke myself but I did occasionally when I was younger- it was never my favourite it made me lethargic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the plane back from Europe I watched the Michael Moore documentary Where to Invade Next. He claims that drugs were spread and criminalised to keep down the civil rights movement. I have heard it was corporate America that got marijuana banned because they wanted to kill off the hemp fibre industry.

Don't smoke myself but I did occasionally when I was younger- it was never my favourite it made me lethargic.
"We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin. And then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities," Ehrlichman said. "We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/03/23/politics/john-ehrlichman-richard-nixon-drug-war-blacks-hippie/

Words from one of the aides to Richard Nixon.

That's why if you go back to my original post on this topic I said that most things in moderation are fine. Personally, I think marijuana is a wonderful under-utilised drug for proper medicinal purposes. The sooner we have laws passed that allow its use in pain management & allow the use of its oil in those with tics & muscle *******ity, the better.

People keep bringing up alcohol & the problems it creates, but like illegal drugs, problems only start when it's abused & consumed in excess.

Smoking a joint here or there, I have no issue with, in the same way I'm going to have 2 glasses of Laurent-Perrier champagne tonight while watching the footy.

What I hate is people who think it's cool to do drugs & tell you all about how they do drugs because it makes them a rebel due to it being illegal. No, it just makes you a douchebag.

If you're out with mates & you do a drug, it's best to tell a few mates that you've done it but don't brag about it, cos if it's a bad batch & nobody knows you've taken something, then s**t can get very scary
Why the hell would they legalise weed for medicinal purpose when both parties are on the take from big pharma?

If you want to solve the heroin problem, government should just buy all the poppy from poor farmers and destroy it. But they won't because there is more money in selling arms.

Mate, it's a bloody scandal the top 4 of a very well reputed club were all caught by US cops off their rahjan on the goog in the middle of Arizona, but the AFL paid the fines and squashed the story cos they didn't want these guys out of the comp. They're not the only ones though, all clubs have at least 6 or 7 guys who are dealing with club docs and psych to deal with their addiction, all club staff have to sign confidentiality agreements to get the gig. Everyone knows, it's like the gay thing. No one is innocent enough to dob in anybody else.

A few regular people like us know and are flipping disgusted. I'm handing in my MCC membership card and I reckon you should just forget about the AFL and get into Ammos footy where they just get pissed and it's all harmless fun. I reckon if you can't accept or condone it, you should leave it behind mate it's been in the game since Lethal and Wallet took their teammates on a tour on the Marrakesh Express in the golden years. One club has powder binges as part of its initiation ceremony. Disgusting.

But that's not even the worst. This forum is rife with nongheads and puffers. A few well respected posters who I'm too scared to name are some of the biggest dealers in Vic. There is one particular poster who is even brave enough to post alerts for when there's a fresh shipment of skag in so everyone knows to PM him for GPS link to his den. I won't tell you who but let's just say he isn't talking about a film when he uses the words Flying High.

I reckon if you can't stand drugs, you should definitely give this forum a wide berth too. I'm with you mate, I think we should stamp this filth out. Good luck!
I'm not saying I condone it. But I certainly don't have a problem with people doing it every once in a while (unless they're on Ice) which is a completely different ballgame..
People, especially young people will always dabble in it. There's some people who have a problem and do too much of it on a weekly basis, which is certainly an issue..
But like most things the long terms effects are not very different to those who are alcoholics or smoke cigarettes everyday. Hell even people who just eat junk food way too often have high risk of diabetes, cardiovascular disease, stroke etc.

Most of the young people that do it, do it in their 20's anyway. Once they get into their 30's and settle down they just stop doing it because it's not fun anymore, it's just sad.

People are always going to do it whether it's illegal or not.. The best way to control it is to legalise it and regulate it, so there isn't dodgy batches with ratsack in it that can be extremely harmful.

By the way there'd be just as much if not more use of illicit drugs in the Ammos compared to the AFL.

Geez. Long time reader very casual poster and looks like im now a thread maker . I'm pretty sure the main point I was trying to get across was the fact that I disliked the perception of Dusty been a bogan based on his tatts and the perception of recreational drug use. Anywho... I cannot be bothered with the backlash from my statement.
I'll stick with my original statement. I would welcome Dusty at St.Kilda, hell I would probably rack a line or 2 to celebrate. Just keep it private Dusty and we don't have an issue.
One more thing.. congrats on the captaincy Jacky boy!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Horseshit.

My half brothers Dad use to get loaded and attack my mother. I vividly remember him holding a bottle of red and pushing my mum off a jetty into the boat, she fell backwards and smacked into the engine cabinet.

Do I go around spitting on people chilling out having a quiet bev?

FMD!
Settle down.

That's not what I'm talking about at all. I'm talking about everything is bad for you in excess. Surely that was made clear in the first line in my first post regarding the drugs issue which said everything is good in moderation.

People coming in here saying drugs aren't that bad here look at the stats compare to alcohol. If the drugs were legal, there would just as many problems with abusing them as there are with people abusing alcohol, especially in this country. Australia has one of the highest rates of binge drinking in The world. People that think the same binges wouldn't happen if it were drugs, not alcohol, have their heads in the sand. We would have just as many problems as we do with alcohol abuse.

Moderation is the key

Settle down.

That's not what I'm talking about at all. I'm talking about everything is bad for you in excess. Surely that was made clear in the first line in my first post regarding the drugs issue which said everything is good in moderation.

People coming in here saying drugs aren't that bad here look at the stats compare to alcohol. If the drugs were legal, there would just as many problems with abusing them as there are with people abusing alcohol, especially in this country. Australia has one of the highest rates of binge drinking in The world. People that think the same binges wouldn't happen if it were drugs, not alcohol, have their heads in the sand. We would have just as many problems as we do with alcohol abuse.

Moderation is the key
That depends, how many people do you think don't do drugs because they're illegal? In Portugal when all drugs were decriminalised (not quite legalisation, but pretty close) drug use actually declined.

Not trying to single you out but this is my biggest issue with people talking about Marijuana. Always the line 'yeh but it's illegal'. So ******* what? Because some morons in the 1920s decided to make it illegal with next to no research done we should write it off? FACT is it has many great benefits for people with Alzheimers, epilepsy, Parkinson's just to name a few. On the contrary, Alcohol ruins so many lives, it's also a depressant and has absolutely no benefits to the human body except that it's fun.
So Rors can sit there and say that weed ruined his uncles life blah blah blah, no it didn't. He like many other people who abuse anything ruined it for themselves. Was his uncle drinking too? Oh but that's right, alcohol is legal so it doesn't matter.
Slowly but surely this country like many others are waking up to the false pretense of Marijuana and it will be legalised.
If anyone is interested in what it can actually do for our society and economy, read up about Colorado and what it's done for them. Small sample size yes, but I'm pretty sure Amsterdam isn't falling apart due to people having a spliff in the park.
I smoke weed pretty much everyday, but do I abuse it? No. Everything in moderation.
Everything in moderation. Agreed.

So my uncles lung cancer is not related to his weed smoking, even though he didn't smoke tobacco? You may say marijuana never killed anyone & say it's not addictive, but that's not really true is it. Everything is addictive when used in excess. And anything used in excess can have serious detrimental effects to your health. In my uncles case, he got lung cancer & spread to have brain metastasies.

Maybe I over reacted before, for that I apologise. But don't say weed never killed anyone. I know 3 good people who were regular users of marijuana & died from the effects of its use. My uncle with his cancer was one, the other 2 were suicides as a result of depression caused by marijuana smoking.

It may not kill directly, but it does kill

If you want to solve the heroin problem, government should just buy all the poppy from poor farmers and destroy it. But they won't because there is more money in selling arms.

They won't because it'll end up like weed in that instead of there being poppy on farms, there will be poppy in pots, in a home hydroponic set up, in a remote area of Australia and it'll be driven further into the darkness where people are forgotten and you instead get statistics outputted.

So for the record;

Never touched tobacco.
Never tried illicit drugs or anything not prescribed by a medical graduate.
Drank alcohol for 3 years, haven't touched the stuff in 12 years.
I prefer my food to be as it states; egg & bacon not egg & bacon & cheese because it's an acceptable condiment and attachment.
I prefer no cheese at all on my pizza, and yes, egg instead.

People commenting that peoples personal situations with things need to step back, you may disagree but where exactly do you get off saying your opinion > life experience? Because when you see someone degrade in front of your eyes it's not something that can be understood with words, it's akin to watching a car crash in slow motion; you can see it happening, you know how it ends and you are powerless to do anything about it but watch it unfold in front of you and live the experience having seen the calamity. You can be the queen of France in your ivory tower singing with a chorus band "you are wrong" and you will be dismissed because you weren't there and you don't know.

You think you do, but you don't.

So, I'm of the opinion that the person is smart but the people are boneheadedly stupid and prone to screwing it all up on a daily basis, a case in point is car traffic;

The design is such that traffic gets segregated at lights, intersections and etc, whilst moving at a consistent speed from A to B. What occurs is;
Some people adhere to this.
Some people think it doesn't apply to them.
Some people think they're far more important than the rest and can in that instant void whatever constraints they find themselves in.
Some people feel someone else is poor and impacting negatively on their experience.

Or with regards to tobacco;

Some thought it was able to cure 36 ailments as a medicinal herb.
Turns out it caused cancerous instances.
Only took 300 years to maybe think about limiting the smoke to try and avoid the cancerous aspect.
Those who partake feel entitled, addicted.
Some have consideration where their smoke ends up.
Some do not.
Some have no sense as to how smell lingers.
Some do.
Those who do not partake are still impacted regardless.

You can't outright ban it, because it's ingrained in society, and society is a stupid beast lumbering from one outrage to the next in the pop culture 24/7 fast food gym fad media cycle living up to societal standards where wealth comes before health for generational designs of the society. Be it society, or your small society on the planet.

Perfect world scenario nothing is banned.
Because the person is smart. A collection of people does not need to be stupid, there does not need to be sheep, there does not need to be a hive mind, there does not need to be a degradation the larger the collection of people into a society, there needs to be understanding, consideration and humility.

This is not a perfect world.
We are flawed people.
And so people have these discussions.

I don't smoke, never have; though I did grow up on an arcade machine with quality time with the old man; in a pub, filled with cigarette smoke, when I was 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 years old. Have a younger sister who smokes, who is forbidden to enter my house smelling of the stuff because I physically feel ill with the smell of smoke.

I don't drink, I used to; But caffeine is still a drug, I drink cola's, I eat sugars, though I'm also slight of build because balanced diet.

I have never tried illicit / recreational drug use; But I have been on pain killers, anti inflammatories and there have been days where I have forgotten days existed because my brain has been so addled it's not even funny seeing the world spin into colour and feel like a disembodied spirit where everyone else see's you laying flat on your back with your eyes and mouth open drooling.

Anyone doing these things by choice, not medically inclined but because they choose to do so, I have pity for, and I hate, with a firery passion of a solar giant.

Because you are choosing to limit yourself. You are choosing to risk impacting negatively those around you. You are selfish.

legal, illegal; irrelevant.
Right or Wrong; relevant.

If you impacted only you, if you were insular, if you were without, you would be right.
But you are a person, part of a people, part of a society, and you can be wrong.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back