Discussion Recreational drug use

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do you think that, exactly? Users pay a premium for street drugs with higher purity ratings, so why wouldn't they pay a small/moderate price for 100% pure stuff? Even the most brain dead addict would see the value in that.

I can only tell you what I know and see. There is no way she will just use the pharmacy if they don't give her enough. She will use it to get as much as they will give her and then go get more illegally. That I reckon would be fact for most who non functioning heroin addicts. If anything she may end up using more.

I have a very close friend who is a heroin addict. If it was decriminalised she would still rather get illegally because she would want more than a pharmacy would give her. My experience is most real addicts would be the same and that is the problem. Criminalised or not the real addicts will still get it illegally. Having said that it may help the ones who have little bit more will power.

It still keeps a lot out of the criminal justice system though. Most junkies end up ruining their lives with criminal records so can't dig their way out. At least they get a chance at getting clean even if not all do. Plenty can't get off booze or ciggies.

It still keeps a lot out of the criminal justice system though. Most junkies end up ruining their lives with criminal records so can't dig their way out. At least they get a chance at getting clean even if not all do. Plenty can't get off booze or ciggies.

As I said they will still get the heroin illegally unless given big amounts and to get it illegally they need money so they will still break the law to get money. It will help people who can function fairly normally but it wont help the real serious heroin addicts. The funny thing is they never get charged with using heroin.

Well this clears up the mystery of your freaky username! Just jokes.

Seriously, thanks for a very informative post. If you feel like elaborating, I'd be quite interested to know what you meant by "willing to do the hard yards". I've never heard of DMT before, which is bizarre, as some of the circles I travelled in back in Melbourne would have been all over that s**t.

haha bang on with the user name. the wardrobe was the hardest hit from the psychedelic rampage.

i tinkered with a lot of things. tried all sorts of diet changes. cut processed s**t completely out for the majority. got the fruit/veg intake up to 80% of what i'd eat for the day. researched various amino acids that would help me sleep better. cut out drinking, coffee, etc. like the diet, i'd give myself the odd day/night off.
spent thousands of dollars trying various natural supplements. would have tried close to 100 different things over 5+ years.

the main ones that stuck were l-trypophan
http://au.iherb.com/product-reviews/Source-Naturals-L-Tryptophan-500-mg-60-Capsules/7276/?p=1

i'd say that is like a natural xanax. felt like a cooling again for my brain. my mind would go a billion miles an hour at night. this s**t was heaven sent.

propolis

tried this randomly when i was on the cigs, and it just made me feel sick thinking of them. plenty of research indicating it may help someone with damaged or interupted neurotransmitters. for something that just said "for general well being" i was doubtful. just the smell of smokes made me sick after that.

l-tyrosine

improved my concentration levels significantly, particularly when I was getting off the caffeine.

+ always hammering supps like vit c, tumeric, b vits, and plenty more.

I grew up on an island in the gippy lakes, so I was surrounded by nature for 17 years of my life, then suddenly dumped myself in a concrete jungle. so along side meditation, i make sure to observe and take in nature on a daily basis.

DMT was something that felt like it opened the doors to heaven and nature and an alien universe at the same time. i said it is what i thought LSD would be like, which was too vague. nothing could have prepared me for that. it's just that I thought LSD would be full on cartoon land non stop sort of thing. But you can try to talk and play guitar and all that... can't do that on DMT. You need to lay back and CHILL. The first time I tried it was by the merry creek. once it hit, it felt like i was transcending to heaven. trees curled around me and every single leaf was spinning, i was expecting angels to start emerging from the river. there is a lot of study gone into whether DMT can be naturally released in a big dose when someone has a near death experience, or has come back from the dead. and the feeling seems like it matches up with a lot of peoples descriptions. the feeling once it wears off.... it's like coming back from the most relaxing holiday. insanely content.

My absolute favourite was always mushrooms. Out of anything. Would pick bag fulls in heidelberg over the winter. The fits of laughter, the intrigue, adventurous, insane energy. I combined fitness with all these attempts, trials and what not. Here is a funny scene.. I'd have a mushie tea, watch some docos, pump weights, kick the footy... all shroomed up. Because it felt like I was trying to start a car with no battery when the depression was heavy. This just got me going with PEP and intrigue. At a point it started to feel like it was restricting my respiratory system, so I gave it up.

the non negotiable were obviously always diet and fitness.

i wondered if i was getting enough out of my relationships/friendships. i became obsessed with podcasts, because I just wanted to here people talking about health, spirituality and sport all at once. that's what i like, and i wasn't getting it from any mates. just cut people off even though i knew it would lead to an avalanche of s**t being talked behind my back.

i stopped doing things just because that was the norm: chasing girls i really had no interest in, tip toeing around s**t people instead of just pasting 'em...

Last edited:
As I said they will still get the heroin illegally unless given big amounts and to get it illegally they need money so they will still break the law to get money. It will help people who can function fairly normally but it wont help the real serious heroin addicts. The funny thing is they never get charged with using heroin.

They hardly ever arrest people for use just possession or charges related to stealing money or goods for drugs. It seems to help overseas where they couple it with treatment programs and keep it off the streets. A lot of the dealers go elsewhere when they can't make enough out of heroin so it stops being an option.

They hardly ever arrest people for use just possession or charges related to stealing money or goods for drugs. It seems to help overseas where they couple it with treatment programs and keep it off the streets. A lot of the dealers go elsewhere when they can't make enough out of heroin so it stops being an option.

Like I said it will help some people but wont help the real bad cases. The other thing is where do you have these pharmacies. We have a meth chemist in Bentleigh and it has brought it big drug issues. Imagine if they had heroin on site. There is no way that would get through the council and I cant blame them.

haha bang on with the user name. the wardrobe was the hardest hit from the psychedelic rampage.

i tinkered with a lot of things. tried all sorts of diet changes. cut processed s**t completely out for the majority. got the fruit/veg intake up to 80% of what i'd eat for the day. researched various amino acids that would help me sleep better. cut out drinking, coffee, etc. like the diet, i'd give myself the odd day/night off.
spent thousands of dollars trying various natural supplements. would have tried close to 100 different things over 5+ years.

the main ones that stuck were l-trypophan
http://au.iherb.com/product-reviews/Source-Naturals-L-Tryptophan-500-mg-60-Capsules/7276/?p=1

i'd say that is like a natural xanax. felt like a cooling again for my brain. my mind would go a billion miles an hour at night. this s**t was heaven sent.

propolis

tried this randomly when i was on the cigs, and it just made me feel sick thinking of them. plenty of research indicating it may help someone with damaged or interupted neurotransmitters. for something that just said "for general well being" i was doubtful. just the smell of smokes made me sick after that.

l-tyrosine

improved my concentration levels significantly, particularly when I was getting off the caffeine.

+ always hammering supps like vit c, tumeric, b vits, and plenty more.

I grew up on an island in the gippy lakes, so I was surrounded by nature for 17 years of my life, then suddenly dumped myself in a concrete jungle. so along side meditation, i make sure to observe and take in nature on a daily basis.

DMT was something that felt like it opened the doors to heaven and nature and an alien universe at the same time. i said it is what i thought LSD would be like, which was too vague. nothing could have prepared me for that. it's just that I thought LSD would be full on cartoon land non stop sort of thing. But you can try to talk and play guitar and all that... can't do that on DMT. You need to lay back and CHILL. The first time I tried it was by the merry creek. once it hit, it felt like i was transcending to heaven. trees curled around me and every single leaf was spinning, i was expecting angels to start emerging from the river. there is a lot of study gone into whether DMT can be naturally released in a big dose when someone has a near death experience, or has come back from the dead. and the feeling seems like it matches up with a lot of peoples descriptions. the feeling once it wears off.... it's like coming back from the most relaxing holiday. insanely content.

My absolute favourite was always mushrooms. Out of anything. Would pick bag fulls in heidelberg over the winter. The fits of laughter, the intrigue, adventurous, insane energy. I combined fitness with all these attempts, trials and what not. Here is a funny scene.. I'd have a mushie tea, watch some docos, pump weights, kick the footy... all shroomed up. Because it felt like I was trying to start a car with no battery when the depression was heavy. This just got me going with PEP and intrigue. At a point it started to feel like it was restricting my respiratory system, so I gave it up.

the non negotiable were obviously always diet and fitness.

i wondered if i was getting enough out of my relationships/friendships. i became obsessed with podcasts, because I just wanted to here people talking about health, spirituality and sport all at once. that's what i like, and i wasn't getting it from any mates. just cut people off even though i knew it would lead to an avalanche of s**t being talked behind my back.

i stopped doing things just because that was the norm: chasing girls i really had no interest in, tip toeing around s**t people instead of just pasting 'em...
Damn man! Thanks for taking the time once again, very informative. Merri Creek beautiful area. I only had mushies once, one of the worst experiences of my life, but I was in totally the wrong environment: some psy-trance night in one of the scungiest clubs in Smith St Collingwood with uv lights etc!

Drugs. Something i dont discuss too often as an ex junkie myself.
Recreational drugs destroy lives, make no mistake!
I could only guess but there would have to be players on every list using them in there spare time nowdays. They are everywhere in society its just a fact of life now. Its just whether that individual can commence a career while dabbling in the party scene throughout there journey.
For a club to take a punt on Dusty you would almost have to have a P.I follow him and see what he really gets up to. Tattoos dont mean hes a bad person but he just might be behind the scenes. Alot of rumours get out of hand and cloud the truth. Ill almost bet in 20 years time there will be players confessing to things you would have never imagined.
Grey area....

Anyone out there having trouble unwinding, or have a tendency for depression, anxiety, irritability, etc, or would just like to be a little more relaxed/chilled without polluting yourself. Please give these a try. They are cheap, natural, and easy to get.

Damiana
http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-suppl...-703-DAMIANA.aspx?drugid=703&drugname=DAMIANA

$7 bucks for a bag from Happy Herbs on Smith St. Can make a tea, or smoke it instead of pot if you're trying to get off/cut down.
I ran out of Tryptophan and waiting for my order, so popped down to Collingwood today to grab some (have had it before to help with insomnia).
I am freeaaaakin CHILLED right now! Made a tea with a spoon of manuka honey. The girlfriend won't have time to put her handbag down when she gets home, I'll add.

L-Tryptophan
http://au.iherb.com/source-naturals-l-tryptophan-500-mg-60-capsules/7276

Give it a crack!!! $25 all up!

Damn man! Thanks for taking the time once again, very informative. Merri Creek beautiful area. I only had mushies once, one of the worst experiences of my life, but I was in totally the wrong environment: some psy-trance night in one of the scungiest clubs in Smith St Collingwood with uv lights etc!

I had mushrooms a few times and once was at Chasers, I think it was probably similar to you Aussie, awful awful experience. Only enjoyed it kind of once, when we were at my dads country property and that was calm enough to just enjoy it but wasn't something I'd want go back to again. My brother was in the rave scene in the 1990s and I went to a few of those, his mates smashed ecstasy pretty hard and most have turned out alright.

Anyone out there having trouble unwinding, or have a tendency for depression, anxiety, irritability, etc, or would just like to be a little more relaxed/chilled without polluting yourself. Please give these a try. They are cheap, natural, and easy to get.

Damiana
http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-suppl...-703-DAMIANA.aspx?drugid=703&drugname=DAMIANA

$7 bucks for a bag from Happy Herbs on Smith St. Can make a tea, or smoke it instead of pot if you're trying to get off/cut down.
I ran out of Tryptophan and waiting for my order, so popped down to Collingwood today to grab some (have had it before to help with insomnia).
I am freeaaaakin CHILLED right now! Made a tea with a spoon of manuka honey. The girlfriend won't have time to put her handbag down when she gets home, I'll add.

L-Tryptophan
http://au.iherb.com/source-naturals-l-tryptophan-500-mg-60-capsules/7276

Give it a crack!!! $25 all up!
Tried mixing it in a joint before? Have been recommended to use it this way, as all my friends mix in tobacco to make it last longer (which seems somewhat pointless to me, but eh) and as a non cigarette smoker this just makes me feel sick and worry about my lungs.

I had mushrooms a few times and once was at Chasers, I think it was probably similar to you Aussie, awful awful experience. Only enjoyed it kind of once, when we were at my dads country property and that was calm enough to just enjoy it but wasn't something I'd want go back to again. My brother was in the rave scene in the 1990s and I went to a few of those, his mates smashed ecstasy pretty hard and most have turned out alright.
Chasers was an awful experience full stop! I wonder if I ever bumped into you or your brother back in the 90s?

Tried mixing it in a joint before? Have been recommended to use it this way, as all my friends mix in tobacco to make it last longer (which seems somewhat pointless to me, but eh) and as a non cigarette smoker this just makes me feel sick and worry about my lungs.

Yeah I mixed it a while back, seemed to have an added calming effect.

I really miss weed man, but I got too much s**t to juggle atm, and falling asleep with a mouth full of maltesers doesn't really scream "marry me". lmao

Gonna retire out bush one day and have my own natural crop!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I've had some awful experiences as well. Usually because I was in a confined space and the dosage was way too high!

Watching nature docos at home with a spliff going around was where I found it was at its best. And if you play an instrument or love your tunes.. I use to skip to 6:05 again and again and again.. hahaha

Yeah I've had some awful experiences as well. Usually because I was in a confined space and the dosage was way too high!

Watching nature docos at home with a spliff going around was where I found it was at its best. And if you play an instrument or love your tunes.. I use to skip to 6:05 again and again and again.. hahaha

Zeppelin and weed are like wine and cheese.

I like to listen to stairway to heaven backwards.

Zeppelin and weed are like wine and cheese.
If I ever get back to Australia in the footy season, I'm gonna have to try and get to a game with you two! We'll swerve the $8 pizza slices and mid-strength VB!

When your uncle chooses to stay at home & rip cones & smoke blunts all day instead of going to work (he used to work for himself in a trade), then yes the marijuana addiction is problem.

And considering he wasn't a cigarette smoker, yet died of lung & brain cancers, then yes the marijuana was probably what killed him. And please don't give that rubbish about him dying of cancer is irrelevant to his marijuana smoking. That would be like saying that a bloke who died of liver cirrhosis didn't necessarily die because he was a raging alcoholic even though he was....
do you actually believe what you write?
If your uncle was staying home all day instead of working he was clearly chronically depressed.
You sound like the US politicians back in the 60s..
'Look at all the hippies oppressing. They're all on the marijuana, that must be the problem!'
I mean with such a strong argument of 'the marijuana was probably what killed him' excuse me for not taking you more seriously.
Do you drink alcohol? Coffee? Take prescription drugs?

The money burnt on the "war on drugs" with the judicial punishment, in conjunction with the condemnation on a social level, is anti-progressive. We could have facilities on near on every street corner instead, where one (and their family and friends) could receive free treatment and education of various sorts, without individuals in need feeling as if they have to hide themselves from the world (that may just exacerbate the issue - you know, I say may....). A man, woman or child should feel no shame or fear in admitting they are broken and seeking a support structure to set in place the building blocks for recovery. It is beyond individual ramifications. It not only makes moral sense, but economical sense as well. It is very evident that we need to be retaught on a global scale, and despite being a little wanka from time to time, it actually breaks my heart.

Beyond drugs as well. If you really acknowledge the amount of hideous abuse some people have lived through, you can SURELY see, with the lack of exposure, education and general conversation, as to the further cruelty we are laying on top of them.

The money burnt on the "war on drugs" with the judicial punishment, in conjunction with the condemnation on a social level, is anti-progressive. We could have facilities on near on every street corner instead, where one (and their family and friends) could receive free treatment and education of various sorts, without individuals in need feeling as if they have to hide themselves from the world (that may just exacerbate the issue - you know, I say may....). A man, woman or child should feel no shame or fear in admitting they are broken and seeking a support structure to set in place the building blocks for recovery. It is beyond individual ramifications. It not only makes moral sense, but economical sense as well. It is very evident that we need to be retaught on a global scale, and despite being a little wanka from time to time, it actually breaks my heart.

Beyond drugs as well. If you really acknowledge the amount of hideous abuse some people have lived through, you can SURELY see, with the lack of exposure, education and general conversation, as to the further cruelty we are laying on top of them.

I wouldn't want to live near that street corner and I imagine most others wouldn't either and that is the problem. Where do you put these places where people can get help?

do you actually believe what you write?
If your uncle was staying home all day instead of working he was clearly chronically depressed.
You sound like the US politicians back in the 60s..
'Look at all the hippies oppressing. They're all on the marijuana, that must be the problem!'
I mean with such a strong argument of 'the marijuana was probably what killed him' excuse me for not taking you more seriously.
Do you drink alcohol? Coffee? Take prescription drugs?
Yes I do all those things. What's your point?

And given you're such an expert, I assume you do know that regular smoking of marijuana can cause depression.... So again, what are you trying to prove to me?

Merging two of the more controversial digressions on our board of late, a book has come out chronicling the incessant use of illicit drugs among senior Nazis, including Hitler himself. Apparently all the drugs - including Coke, Smack, Speed, Chrystal Meth - significantly influenced some of their decisions, ultimately contributing to the playing out of the entire war. To aid the troops, the German military got them all hooked on Pervitin (meth) and cocaine chewing-gum! One previously unrecognised contributing factor to the Allies success, was that they bombed factories that, unbenown to them, were making Hitler's drug supplies - they cut out his dealer, and he started to go through serious withdrawal.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2...lf-hitler-nazi-drug-abuse-interview?CMP=fb_gu

"The book in question is The Total Rush – or, to use its superior English title, Blitzed – which reveals the astonishing and hitherto largely untold story of the Third Reich’s relationship with drugs, including cocaine, heroin, morphine and, above all, methamphetamines (aka crystal meth), and of their effect not only on Hitler’s final days – the Führer, by Ohler’s account, was an absolute junkie with ruined veins by the time he retreated to the last of his bunkers – but on the Wehrmacht’s successful invasion of France in 1940. Published in Germany last year, where it became a bestseller, it has since been translated into 18 languages, a fact that delights Ohler, but also amazes him."

Found this a pretty interesting listen. It's also available via podcast.

Not sure how relevant it is to this thread as I haven't read it all, just noticed the topic and coincidentally I was listening to this the other day.

Yes I do all those things. What's your point?

And given you're such an expert, I assume you do know that regular smoking of marijuana can cause depression.... So again, what are you trying to prove to me?
I'm not trying to prove anything. I just find it weird how people like you have this perception of weed. You seem to be happy enough putting other things in your body that are far more addictive, worse for body and cause way more mental and social problems than weed does, with weed having scientific evidence that it has many health benefits, but the only difference between these things is that Marijuana remains illegal. Make sense? No it doesn't. To me your way of thinking is extremely un-educated and beyond narrow minded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back