The Law recreational drugs decriminalize or not?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back to that again.

Booze is legal therefore recreational drugs should be legal & easily accessible?
Given the damage we know booze causes to society, that isn't a very convincing argument.

Legal yeh, but I never said easily accessible, you did. You then conflated that with giving out free drugs to children. I guess you swallowed the fear mongering Govt ''education'' hook line and sinker. Nice one. Ironically thats also how you know sweet FA about a drug with recreational AND medicinal benefits, like psilocybin. Again, nice one. I should be thanking our government tbh.

Booze is used with high responsibility (and we use it better and better as each year goes by) by the majority of the population. You need to explain how it damages society and why it outweighs positives, its a simple blanket term that doesn't do anything for your argument. I would argue its a net positive for society and also that it has its risks and negatives to consider aswell ie regulated, drink driving rules etc.

Tell us, what purpose do recreational drugs serve?

Tell us? Anyway.... It can be relaxing, fun, bring people together, heightens empathy, can be very spiritual, makes a good time a great time, removes social barriers between people, it varies between people as well ie not black and white, yay or nay. People with ACTUAL experience could add more.

To conclude I suppose feeling good and having a nice safe fun experience with other humans has no purpose or value to you, correct? If that is the case then you and me are both wasting our time here.

Tell us? Anyway.... It can be relaxing, fun, bring people together, heightens empathy, can be very spiritual, makes a good time a great time, removes social barriers between people, it varies between people as well ie not black and white, yay or nay. People with ACTUAL experience could add more.

To conclude I suppose feeling good and having a nice safe fun experience with other humans has no purpose or value to you, correct? If that is the case then you and me are both wasting our time here.

Another boring strawman.

I support people's right to take whatever drug they choose.
I believe making it easy & cheap for people to get drugs is going to make society even more fubar than it already is because no good comes from recreational drug use. Recreational drug use creates all sorts of individual and societal problems, and for what purpose?

Kids have the most of fun out of everyone on the planet, without drugs.
There's something for you to think about.

Another boring strawman.

I believe making it easy & cheap for people to get drugs is going to make society even more fubar than it already is because no good comes from recreational drug use. Recreational drug use creates all sorts of individual and societal problems, and for what purpose?

Try some and find out for yourself (or not).

Back to that again.

Booze is legal therefore recreational drugs should be legal & easily accessible?
Given the damage we know booze causes to society, that isn't a very convincing argument.

Predictable strawman.

Tell us, what purpose do recreational drugs serve?
He was descontructing your own strawman, fool.
Then he answers your question and you say it's another strawman.

If only it was that simple.
Advances in neuroscience have proven that the brain's "reward" pathways have been hijacked in the addiction processes.

As for 'good' drugs

Psilocybin has had a +ve effect on this li'l black duck
Although it's a long time since I used it, opium would be my drug of choice. The traditional Chinese use of it, to ameliorate the effects of the pain before death in their elderly, I find admirable. Oh, and acid, as long as as any good stuff can be now found.

He was descontructing your own strawman, fool.
Then he answers your question and you say it's another strawman.

Comprehension not your strong suit, is it!

FYI, this is the strawman.

To conclude I suppose feeling good and having a nice safe fun experience with other humans has no purpose or value to you, correct?

The entire purpose of using recreational drugs is to delude yourself into thinking that you are feeling good or having a fun experience.

Comprehension not your strong suit, is it!

FYI, this is the strawman.
Which was in response to your first idiotic strawman here:
Safe as then.
Let's make it free and easily accessible to all the kiddies, because drugs are good.
I don't think you should be criticising anyone for comprehension.

The entire purpose of using recreational drugs is to delude yourself into thinking that you are feeling good or having a fun experience.
It's completely obvious to everyone that you have no idea on this topic and are not really capable of critical thought. You're just parroting what the infantile education system and MSM has led you to believe on this issue.

Essentially this is you:

And it's a complete waste of time engaging on this topic with you.

Which was in response to your first idiotic strawman here:

I don't think you should be criticising anyone for comprehension.

It's completely obvious to everyone that you have no idea on this topic and are not really capable of critical thought. You're just parroting what the infantile education system and MSM has led you to believe on this issue.

Essentially this is you:

And it's a complete waste of time engaging on this topic with you.

Great strawman. It's a media conspiracy. :thumbsu:

You're just parroting the same unsubstantiated rubbish about drugs being safe and all the problems that come with drug use will go away if they are free & easily accessible.

You are deluded, completely deluded if you think any reasonable person would ever believe that complete and utter nonsense.

skilts took the brown acid!
The stuff was on blotting paper and had a design on it. Only took it 70 times. One 'ordinary' experience, one extraordinarily psychically helpful experience, and the rest was just a whole lot of fun, mostly talking gibberish to close friends.

Only took it 70 times.

:D

I had a dip at the blotters myself. A whole new concept of reality was awakened.

One 'ordinary' experience, one extraordinarily psychically helpful experience, and the rest was just a whole lot of fun, mostly talking gibberish to close friends.

Yeah, and still managed to turn out to be one of the sanest and smartest people I have run in to on this website.

I hope the government doesn't find out about this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:D

I had a dip at the blotters myself. A whole new concept of reality was awakened.

Yeah, and still managed to turn out to be one of the sanest and smartest people I have run in to on this website.

I hope the government doesn't find out about this.
There are two types of people in the world - those who have taken acid etc.

With regard to my sanity and smartness, I am now blushing. I met a guy at a pub one night, who could only converse with others at our table through his mate, a third party to the conversation. He had taken 800 trips, and I don't think he ever made it back. Sad, but hardly unexpected.

He had taken 800 trips, and I don't think he ever made it back. Sad, but hardly unexpected.

That's some serious neuronal rewiring. I'm surprised anyone could translate for him.

Drugs are a real interesting debate, especially when you raise issues like the history of tobacco

Not allowed to have a discussion about drugs unless you think drug use related problems are a media beat up and that drugs are safe.

Another boring strawman.

I also support peoples right to ingest informatively whatever they choose. Currently they don't get that individual decision (freedom) to make based off the facts, they get told its illegal, based of misinformation and studies done 20-40 years ago trying to get an outcome to ban it all regardless of it being safer then the chemical cleaners you use everyday, but I guess having a clean shower is a purpose, unlike a human being having a fun safe time.

This is my opinion: Tobacco use will die out, eventually (maybe 1000 years lol, maybe it wont), with proper education etc it allready is in Oz. MDMA use wont. Weed use wont. Both have medicinal used properties, has a high, is not addictive and is generally safe, much safer then tobacco (depending on if you have heart problems in family, then I wouldn't go using mdma, psych problems for weed also), unlike tobacco, which is addictive af, which is proven to kill heaps of people even though its govt regulated and not made by drug cartels, doesnt have any real purpose outside of the act of smoking something, isnt a relaxant unless addicted etc.

It all ready is very easy and cheap for anyone to get any street drugs (example: meth in my neighborhood is $30 for what used to be $100 for the same amount), so the issue is society's demand for drugs? If the last 40 years are anything to go by, recreational drugs have a huge market and desire and that isnt going away coz you dont like it. Society, I dont think, is going to get worse by having safer drugs made by the government and better education surrounding the use etc of said drugs. Most people wont touch them regardless of legality, education etc, like yourself perhaps.

I agree kids probably would have the most fun, probably. They also don't have any responsibility to escape from or to take a break from like adults. They are also highly creative and still discovering the world and learning, everything is basically interesting and new.

Although it's a long time since I used it, opium would be my drug of choice. The traditional Chinese use of it, to ameliorate the effects of the pain before death in their elderly, I find admirable. Oh, and acid, as long as as any good stuff can be now found.

You know that when it's nearing checkout time for me, gonna chase DAT dragon.
IIRC, your good self expressed similar plans

Last edited:
Better question, which drugs aren't good.

generally the ones people self prescribe and those that take prescription drugs without thinking about the consequences

Remove this Banner Ad

Back