Opinion Recruit of the Year 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Acquiring Chris Judd probably seemed like recruit of the year until you retroactively look at what it cost Carlton and it's clear the recruit wasn't all that worth it.

Money for value is a massive factor on who is recruit of the year.
He was awesome for us as a recruit and would be the best recruit of any year.

He is not the best value though. Thats be JPK v Mitchell Hawks v Swans lol

Certainly not the bloke in my name and avatar. Been very lazy in getting this changed.

Oh, Neale by the length of the Flemington straight.

Looking more and more likely that beams may be the new bucks

Except Beams has a flag. The way Beams has looked this year. Doesn’t look like he gives a crap whether he plays or not. Looks like he just wants a pay cheque. Hugely disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Except Beams has a flag. The way Beams has looked this year. Doesn’t look like he gives a crap whether he plays or not. Looks like he just wants a pay cheque. Hugely disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That is disappointing, though his mental health issues might have had an influence on this. He couldn't have tried harder for us.

Neale and Lynch for sure.

Lynch's impact can't be understated. Holding the forwardline together when the rest of the team was crumbling around him early on, especially given his recent injury struggles, was massive. Without his performances on the road against Port and Freo then Richmond would be making up the numbers this year. He cost nothing in terms of draft picks and well unders in terms of salary.

With Docherty, Williamson, Marchbank coming back next year, Simpson getting another year and Stocker also being groomed as a half back, how does your best back six look?

Yeah it’s pretty crowded, although a lot of unknowns given the injury history of Doc and Williamson.

I’d say it’s Jones, Weitering, Marchbank, Plowman, Doc (assuming going ok) and Newman. Williamson looks decent but needs a consistent run of footy, Stocker ultimately a mid in time, I think they are just easing him in across HB. Simpson on bench.

It’s a bit tall but Plowman doing ok on smaller players. Newman and Simpson can both push up onto a wing at times I guess if it’s necessary. Plus time has to catch up with Simmo at some point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Relative value, Pittard would be right up there.

Probably finish close to top 5 in our B&F, cost basically no picks and is on a below average salary.

Gun.

Marcus Adams improving at a rate of knots, could prove to be the best of the lot in the long run, was sensational against Tom Hawkins yesterday, I don't think I have ever seen someone monster Hawkins physically like Adams did in that game.

Charlie Cameron, Lachie Neale, Jarryd Lyons, Lincoln McCathy and Marcus Adams are our recruits from other clubs since Chris Fagan came on board, absolutely exceptional work from our recruitment team.

While still recruit of the year, it should be mentioned Neale was a very good player at Fremantle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back