Multiplat Red Dead Redemption 2 - Pre-launch thread

Are you excited?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly as their games seem to have long development cycles, but GTA/RDR is made by different studios (Rockstar North and Rockstar San Diego).

The Rockstar website indicates that Rockstar North has some involvement in the development of RDR2.

Developed by the creators of Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption, Red Dead Redemption 2 is an epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland.

Not sure if some of the Rockstar North team have crossed over or the studios are collaborating on some of the tech behind it. Or it is simply a tag to get the GTA name involved.

The Rockstar website indicates that Rockstar North has some involvement in the development of RDR2.

Not sure if some of the Rockstar North team have crossed over or the studios are collaborating on some of the tech behind it. Or it is simply a tag to get the GTA name involved.

I believe San Diego also helped in the development of GTAV.

It'll be a looong 12 months (plus, there will be delays)
Still hoping for a release before Christmas 2017.
Sept/Oct/Nov fall/spring approx so I hope they make my deadline ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope it has good radio stations.

I don't think you can do it on the PS4, but on the PS3 you could play your own music over the game.

I enjoyed the RDR multiplayer - played it a lot longer than I did the single player. To this day I've not completed it, not on my original retail disc playthrough..... nor the recent digital backwards compatible release. In fact I made it up to the same point on the digital version that I got up to on the disc release (the horse race against that woman) and stopped. It bored me and the story bored me to that point (yes I'm aware it was only just beginning), I know what happens in the game and I'm just like..................... I enjoy western films so it's not a lack of Western film taste.

The storylines in Rockstar games have not been the greatest or enthralling - Vice City is still the benchmark for me.

I enjoyed the RDR multiplayer - played it a lot longer than I did the single player. To this day I've not completed it, not on my original retail disc playthrough..... nor the recent digital backwards compatible release. In fact I made it up to the same point on the digital version that I got up to on the disc release (the horse race against that woman) and stopped. It bored me and the story bored me to that point (yes I'm aware it was only just beginning), I know what happens in the game and I'm just like..................... I enjoy western films so it's not a lack of Western film taste.

The storylines in Rockstar games have not been the greatest or enthralling - Vice City is still the benchmark for me.
The story was great. Unless someone spoiled it for you, I can't see why you wouldn't have enjoyed it and wanted to continue. The first few missions were somewhat slow, but the story had me interested pretty quickly. Definitely wasn't a classic Western tale either. Easily one of the better stories I've played in a video game.

Rockstar has put out some pretty good stories too. San Andreas story was a cracker and IV's story I thought was pretty good, even if the game wasn't as good as hyped. GTA V probably had the worst story of the lot, purely because things got too gimmicky with the three character thing, and they clearly had begun to focus more on online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back