Multiplat Red Dead Redemption 2 - Pre-launch thread

Are you excited?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
good to see there is a different story arc rather than doing Marsten again..

i wonder what they will do with the map? will it be different?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This was better than the 2nd trailer. That one was underwhelming.

The game should be great. Interesting they have chosen the prequel path for this. Im sure it will lead to something special.
Still since it ties in you will think they could re-master the original for those that have not played it.

This was better than the 2nd trailer. That one was underwhelming.

The game should be great. Interesting they have chosen the prequel path for this. Im sure it will lead to something special.
Still since it ties in you will think they could re-master the original for those that have not played it.
if you have an xbox one x its had an update

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
rdr2-screenshot-024-1525356011533_1280w.jpg

rdr2-screenshot-047-1525356017446_1280w.jpg

rdr2-screenshot-025-1525356011535_1280w.jpg

rdr2-screenshot-016-1525356011508_1280w.jpg

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Some details from IGN http://au.ign.com/articles/2018/05/03/worlds-first-look-at-red-dead-redemption-2
As Dutch’s right-hand man, Arthur plays an important role in the upkeep of the gang, not just in terms of supplies but also the morale of the gang. If food and resources are aplenty then spirits will be high, which is reflected in the mood of the camp. People will be singing and dancing, and you’ll be greeted with cheer. But if the food supply runs low, you’ll quickly know about it – people will mutter angrily about where the next meal is coming from. As a senior member of the gang, many will look to Arthur to provide, through hunting or buying supplies, and he’ll be rewarded for doing so. But thankfully the responsibility doesn’t fall entirely on your shoulders – Rockstar is keen to emphasise the camp will continue regardless of your input and is spending a lot of time balancing Arthur’s responsibilities with having fun.

You have complete control over how Arthur acts in the world, thanks to a sophisticated interaction system represented by a number of choices displayed in the bottom right of the screen, such as Greet or Antagonise. These dynamically change depending on a number of factors, including where you are, who you’re talking to, choices you’ve made previously in the interaction and so on, and even though most of the HUD was switched off for the demo it was still obvious how much freedom the player is given.
When you dismount, your horse stays where it is: yes, you can call it with a whistle, but that’ll only work if it’s nearby. Bearing in mind your horse now not only gets you from A to B, but also carries most of your supplies and larger weapons, you’ll always want to know where it is.
dead animals decay over time and while small prey can be wrapped and stashed in your satchel to prolong their use, the carcass of a deer left in the scorching midday sun will soon turn. Ensuring the buck is returned to the camp cook as soon as possible is therefore a priority. The same applies if you’re looking to sell the animal to a nearby butcher – the better the condition of the meat, the greater your reward. Equally, an animal riddled with buckshot will attract less of a reward than a clean kill with a single arrow.

Sep 20, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
Is it worth playing the original before playing this 1, implying is it going to be a better story line not knowing anything about the first game ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

100% Worth playing the original regardless of story continuation. Game was so good and if you start now you'll have plenty of time to finish it before #2

Mar 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Magic, Bills, Brewers, Sabres, F1
100% Worth playing the original regardless of story continuation. Game was so good and if you start now you'll have plenty of time to finish it before #2

Thanks not sure why I didn’t play the original which sounds like my loss. Will have to drop into eb and see if they have a copy or use eBay. Actual will have to find the ps3 in the cupboard somewhere and wipe the dust off.

Rockstar would win at life if they released a proper remaster of Red Dead Redemption prior to this game.
I still have zero doubt in my mind that it happens.

I don't buy into this "the code was a mess" s**t.

Thanks not sure why I didn’t play the original which sounds like my loss. Will have to drop into eb and see if they have a copy or use eBay. Actual will have to find the ps3 in the cupboard somewhere and wipe the dust off.

It is backwards compatible if you have an Xbox 1S and i am playing it again currently on mine to get ready for RDR2!

Was a pain to first get the game installed and going as it is a 360 game but once it is going it is fine and mine has not missed a beat at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back