Multiplat Red Dead Redemption 2 - Pre-launch thread

Are you excited?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldnt their time and energy be better spent on RDR2?
I would honestly take a delay of RDR2 if we got a remaster of RDR.

I don't remember enjoying too many story games on the PS3 but RDR would have been an exception.

It would be Read Dead something else wouldn't it? Given that Redemption was the second game in the series already.

Why are they doing a prequel given how the last game ended?
I always thought it would be a prequel but I can't remember why! It's been that long. Probably to keep the protagonist, although it's also definitely something about the era. I think I was of the opinion that going back in time slightly would be better for the game, something to do with the era or trains. Oh well.

God it was such a good game, this would be amazing.

Surely this is one of the most seminal lifetime gaming experiences for everyone?

This probably is up there too :D

I always thought it would be a prequel but I can't remember why! It's been that long. Probably to keep the protagonist, although it's also definitely something about the era. I think I was of the opinion that going back in time slightly would be better for the game, something to do with the era or trains. Oh well.

Surely this is one of the most seminal lifetime gaming experiences for everyone?

Six years old...still better horse riding mechanics than Witcher 3. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are they doing a prequel given how the last game ended?
You can't do a sequel to red dead redemption. The original was set at the end of the wild west, its the 1900's. Post the era shown in red dead, that era was basically finished and industrialisation began.

It was a key theme of the game, the death of the true west.

A prequel on the other hand lets them go back to the glory days of the 1880s, 90s

Ahhh how good was it? I remember jumping on a horse for the first time in the game and was absolutely amazed. Online was one of the best experiences too, pumped hours and hours into it.

Storyline is up there as one of the best also.

Might have to dust off the disc and whack it in the X360 again... loved RDR, one of the handful of games that I played through in a couple of days just so I could finish it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back