Multiplat Red Dead Redemption 2 - Pre-launch thread

Are you excited?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the poll. :)
Thread brings back memories. I vaguely remember getting a trophy for the train track hog tie.
I got the platinum trophy in this. The online was fun but quite a grind to level 50.

A John Marsden prequel couldn't drive enough emotion into the story. We know too much about him, how he progressed, his family etc... Oh, and he died. Playing a prequel would feel a bit hollow.

New and completely likeable characters, epic music.. Saddle up!

Love the poll. :)
Thread brings back memories. I vaguely remember getting a trophy for the train track hog tie.
I got the platinum trophy in this. The online was fun but quite a grind to level 50.

A John Marsden prequel couldn't drive enough emotion into the story. We know too much about him, how he progressed, his family etc... Oh, and he died. Playing a prequel would feel a bit hollow.

New and completely likeable characters, epic music.. Saddle up!

Yep.

I'd like a prequel DLC or something like that because it would be cool to see John in the old days.

But Rockstar are capable of putting together a new character that people can like nearly as much as Marston. I say nearly enough because John Marston is far too epic to match.

Nothing that says a prequel has to be told from John's perspective, could be a twist on another gang member that gets killed in the second one, or a character we don't know of that shaped his life.

All I know is I want more Grand Theft Horse

The first Red Dead had nothing to do with John Marston, I expect the next game to have all new protagonists as well.

Rockstar are more than capable of creating another character that we'll all love. I'll back them to do the same again, I loved John Marston but I hope they steer clear of anything to do with him in this new one (if there is one). Create something completely new but also give us a great experience as you did with RDR.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no way Rockstar will release their next game on the consoles after the PS4/XboxOne. They've always had a game on each console, and you wouldn't count GTA V as their one for this gen. It's a great game, but you only have to look at The Witcher to realise they could probably achieve even more in a new game.

Interwebs will go absolutely mental if that's what we want it to be.

They already are 40K retweets for a studio logo. Even for Rockstar this is a step above advertising wise.

Normally they start with the game logo like they did with GTAIV & GTAV. Just going with the studio logo is winding the process back another level.

Nice timing given that everyone is hyped for WestWorld as well.

7drHiqr.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back