Multiplat Red Dead Redemption 2 - Launch Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a fan of online had random people killing me as i was horse riding.

Yeah, prepared to get cornholed partner

0501-herbert-cowboy-coward-toothless-man-deliverance-now-photos-primary-1200x630.jpg

Be nice if you could shoot Dutch in head at the start, then ride around playing poker and getting rub'n tugs in the bath from whores the whole game.

Dutch was annoying AF and pretty much ruined the game.

Was thinking of another play through over xmas, but just can't be bothered. I played through Red Dead twice and enjoyed both times.
2 was just a stunning game but some of the missions seemed a little tiresome along with the dialog.

Didn't like him. I just felt the moving of camp all the time really got to me. I enjoyed the game, but it just felt like a chore sometimes when Dutch was around. Same with Sadie toward the end.

I'm not a Dutch fan, but you lost me when you said you didn't like Sadie. One of my biggest problems with the game is it wouldn't let me plough Sadie and/or Tilly.

Was thinking of another play through over xmas, but just can't be bothered. I played through Red Dead twice and enjoyed both times.
2 was just a stunning game but some of the missions seemed a little tiresome along with the dialog.
They need a game plus mode where they give you fast travel everywhere, instantly. Who has a spare 60-80 hours to play it again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not a Dutch fan, but you lost me when you said you didn't like Sadie. One of my biggest problems with the game is it wouldn't let me plough Sadie and/or Tilly.

Yeah they should’ve had a plough option with close up shots of the action.

Sounds like a lot of people are having issues with the PC version

Ouch. I'll just wait for Steam launch and hope that all the bugs are ironed out by then.

I remember how I wasted an entire weekend trying to get GTA IV to work after I bought it the day it was released for PC. Bloody hell it was frustrating. Never again

Definitely the biggest downside to PC gaming imo is the occasional really shitty port.

HUB had a hard time benching it. Looks good though. If I'm not playing anything else over Christmas I'll be pretty keen to give this another run though.

Ouch. I'll just wait for Steam launch and hope that all the bugs are ironed out by then.
oof

And when you do get it running it sounds like its very un-optimised at present. Bitwit only got ~40fps at 1440p on the highest settings, and that is with an OCd 9900k and 2 2080Tis in SLI

Last edited:
oof

And when you do get it running it sounds like its very un-optimised at present. Bitwit only got ~40fps at 1440p on the highest settings, and that is was an OCd 9900k and 2 2080Tis in SLI

I was just watching GN's benchmark video and 4K on high seemed reasonable with an average of 70fps and 1% low of 45 with a 2080ti. Then I looked out for 1080ti at 1440p as that would apply to me but that was only around 75fps on high too. You're right about the bad optimisation. Did Bitwit try a lower setting than ultra? I reckon this will be a punishing game at highest settings regardless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back