Multiplat Red Dead Redemption 2 - Launch Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I absolutely love the game but agree the mapping of some of the controls is awful.

My thumb is sore from constantly tapping/holding x. I wish the horse would just continue its speed once you’ve reached it and you don’t have to do anything

The horse kind of does. It's no real different than driving a car in GTA though (would you want to drive a car by pushing a button once?).

Thought the camp might be interested in some exotic meat.

No fun allowed. Took the head off for nothing.
e8cb661ba2f0d127f2bbe8506dbfac49.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

So I just completed a mission about half way through Chapter 3 that gives you a nice cash boost for those who haven't done any treasure hunting yet.

Mission spoiler below

It gives you $2500 if you get the full amount from the bank, I went the quiet route and picked all the safes to get the money, you do have the option to explode them but I went the quiet route

Last edited:
Found a dude panning for gold

I just stood there watching as he was pleasant when I greeted him. Then he told me to get lost. I watched from a distance and nothing else was happening so I assumed that’s all his role as an npc in the world was. Just as I was about to ride off he started cheering and running off. I rode up to him and pressed greet again and Arthur said “I see you found a nugget for me” or something. Long story short, he wasn’t too compliant and is now off the path in a bush and I am a gold nugget richer.
Damn it I found him to. I assumed the same and just rode off without looking back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone else try to keep regular hours by sleeping every night?

Yeah, trying to do something along those lines. It's crazy how the game makes me have a schedule. One day I'll just be free roaming and hunting or fishing, then I'll return to camp and try and activate the errands. Then I schedule sleep for the morning, do the chores for honor (Almost max) then do missions.

Rode all the way from camp, through the mountains, by a mad preacher, back into the snow, passed a-half dozen wolves, just to shoot a man (and his unwelcome, hostile lackeys). What a night.

Love the little things, like how Arhtur's clothes seem a little ripped and worn (I can't tell if they were always like that or if they're getting worn now). Love turning aim assist off too and firing like a mad man, rustic gunplay seems a little more natural (sure there's dead eye but I like gunfight with an edge).

Doctor’s office in Valentine

Early in chapter 2 I peaked through the window and saw a dude at a desk. Then I went to the door and was told to go away. Up to chapter 3 and I still can’t work out a way in. I know that some shops have some shady business out of the back at night (sounds like the gun shop is sharpening blades upstairs at night!) but I can’t work out what to do with this one.

Someone feel free to fill me in, I don’t care about spoilers for this particular thing. I’m too curious now and I just want a way in.

Travelled out to the marshlands/swamp. I don't advise any moonlit tours out that way. Came across a body hanging from the trees, then three chalk-faced hillbillies lurched from the bushes and attacked me with knives - or they attempted to.

Made it home to play RDR 2 okay though.

One of the first missions where you get into a bar fight. I must of accidentally pressed the change camera button without realising. It went to first person mode through the whole fight, I just thought it was normal part of the game. But wasn’t till after I realised I changed that. It actually made it much more intense. Recommend every now and then switching to first person mode.

From now if I ever have to do a bar fight or kill an wild animal up close I might use the first person camera angle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back