Multiplat Red Dead Redemption 2 - Pre-launch thread

Are you excited?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Digital sales and selling the CE box to people who decide they like the game. They also only need one version of the CE for Xbox, PC, PS4 or any other platforms they would want.

One of the problems with CE's is that because they're bigger to package they tend to take longer to ship, and retailers don't want a huge pile of the damn things for 3 different platforms clogging up shelves 3 years from now (I'm looking at you assassin's creed).

This way if you buy the game (somehow) and your CE isn't there yet, no problem, just play the game, add your CE stuff when it arrives in 2 days.

CE's are also an inventory management issue on the supply chain side. Probably they are being packaged and assembled in China or something, but the disks are going to be manufactured when the game is done, and not in the same place as the CE is made. If you want to bundle the game with the CE you need to ship all the CE's or the disks to one place, pay someone to add the game to the CE (for thousands of CE's) seal them up, then ship them to retail. That takes a long time and costs a lot of money.

I don’t know why but I’m not very hyped up about this game, I’ll still get it of course but I thought I’ll be more excited about it by now since the announcement.

Maybe the gameplay will hype me up when it’s released
I'm hyped about the idea of playing it but the reality is my backlog is massive and I don't even get on the xbox every week

I'm hyped about the idea of playing it but the reality is my backlog is massive and I don't even get on the xbox every week
Yeah I hear what you mean there’s so many other games coming out as well

Got a few pre orders too which will make playing everything interesting , at least it’ll be a busy last few months for the year.

I don’t know why but I’m not very hyped up about this game, I’ll still get it of course but I thought I’ll be more excited about it by now since the announcement.

it's still 4 months away. Hype is all very well but you'll blow a hype gasket if you try and get too amped this far out.

All I can say is that it's a 100% day one purchase and I can't ******* wait, so I guess I'm relatively hyped, but beyond that I can't waste any energy on it

You will be once it comes out or see gameplay. The trailers haven’t been brilliant. The first one is my favourite game of all time so I’m pretty excited. I just hope they put most of their effort into single player and not multiplayer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RDR2-SWAG.jpg

Yeah what’s up with the delay?

It came out 8 years ago so my memory might be a bit off but I remember my mate and I watching a fair few different videos of the first one well before it came out.

Doesn’t bother me too much because I know it will be great, but would have liked to have heard a bit about online by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back