Red shorts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Another example is Footscray and Carlton showed on the weekend clash jumpers are unnecessary.

Thing is 70s and 80s played in quagmires with players covered in mud and somehow we managed. These days you don’t need it at all. Just wear white shorts.

The look of the game is important, I see two Melbourne clubs I want to see old traditional jumpers

Another example is Footscray and Carlton showed on the weekend clash jumpers are unnecessary.
Quite different shades of blue, though.

I can at least understand the rationale behind forcing the alternate guernsey when we play Melbourne or St Kilda. But Richmond? Yellow is nothing like red.

That said, it's not going to change so it's something we best get accustomed to I guess.

I think the whole clash jumper issue is so pointless. We’ve dug our own grave here by refusing to change with the times.

No I don’t believe that clash jumpers are needed for watching the game, but they are a useful tool to allow us to bring out a new exciting guernsey every year. We could have been a leader in this and made a lot of money, but instead we are worried about a constitution and a silly definition that has stifled that opportunity.

All you need to do is look at the way the premier league clubs handle clash jumpers and you’ll realise that we are being petty and stupid. Do you think Man Utd wearing a blue and black away strip means they won’t still called the Red Devils?

Does it have to be all about the next opportunity to make fist fulls of cash? Cant I just enjoy watching Essendon play Richmond in the colours I love & that are burnt into my soul, instead of have to endure some cheap ass looking knock offs?

In this particular case, Ess V Rich, I would happily accept decent away jumpers if there was a clash, but there isn't so why the hell are we doing it? Yeah I know, cause AFL...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back