Redan vs Sunbury GF Ballarat Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

• Banned
It is the battle of the Lions. (both Sunbury and Redan's nicknames are the Lions. )

Should be really good to watch. Last year Redan thrashed Sunbury by 51 points at the Eastern Oval in last years grand final.

Redan won by 6 goals after it being level in the last.A few send offs for Sunbury cost them.

Congrats to Redan... well deserved. :)

In the other grades, Sunbury can take heart in winning at reserve and under-18 levels, in a pair of fairly lopsided results (42 and 48 points, respectively).

Yeah Sunbury were a lot like Collingwood. They were terribly undisipline right thoughout the match.

One of the senior boundary umpires copped a mouthful of abuse from a drunken spectator.

Redan were just lucky that Sunbury had 3 players sent off in the first 30 seconds and then with Mark Power (yes came second in the JJ liston for Nth Ballarat) getting red carded tha game was all over.
I must say that it was the worst performance of umpiring i have ever seen, Mark Power getting sent off was a disgrace.
Has anyone seen anymore punch ups in a game of football than the 2s??? deadset it was a blood bath. I counted only 15 players at the end of the game on for Sunbury and 14 for Melton, with all the send offs and blood rules it was just a boxing arena.
I think we can offcialy name Sunbury the Chokers of country football, after 2 season of domination they fail at the final hurdle.

cheers

Originally posted by tige19
Redan were just lucky that Sunbury had 3 players sent off in the first 30 seconds and then with Mark Power (yes came second in the JJ liston for Nth Ballarat) getting red carded tha game was all over.
I must say that it was the worst performance of umpiring i have ever seen, Mark Power getting sent off was a disgrace.
Has anyone seen anymore punch ups in a game of football than the 2s??? deadset it was a blood bath. I counted only 15 players at the end of the game on for Sunbury and 14 for Melton, with all the send offs and blood rules it was just a boxing arena.
I think we can offcialy name Sunbury the Chokers of country football, after 2 season of domination they fail at the final hurdle.

cheers
Mark Power should not have been let off with the appeal. He is a dirty mongrel.

tige,

you might not know how the send off system works, just like the rest of the Sunbury crowd.

There was 13 reports, all umpires reported Mark Power and Dean Lupson and a couple of others. Even the emergency umpires got in the act.

Oh and by the way, was that you who come passed the umpires room calling out to them with a few expletives? If it was, I would be very careful If I were you, because the Umpires and the BFL and the cops could be after you.

That may be really harsh of me to say that but the anger was felt by all of us umpires who were there to support the guys who did a great job.

I am an umpire. I have every right to stick up for my colleagues.

IMO, I think that alcohol should be banned at all grounds. That will get rid of the louts in the crowd.

Has anyone seen anymore punch ups in a game of football than the 2s??? deadset it was a blood bath.
If Sheehan, Goldspink and McLaren were umpiring there yesterday there would've been 250 free kicks for the day.

The first 5 minutes I was there I saw more punch ups than I have in total for all the games I've been to all season.

Oh, and redan_supporter - you want to ban beer? Go and umpire the VAFA if that's what you want.

Originally posted by redan_supporter

Well considering Power was suspended in that Bacchus Marsh game for something that Lupson didit wouldnt have been very fair had he not got off on the appeal.

cheers
Did you see a reserves grand final between sunbury and melton south in around 2000?Trebilcock dropped a 17 year old off the ball and it was on.I think Lupson and Power were looking to defend the young blokes early on and werea bit over zealous.Sunbury missed a couple of there taller blokes who couldnt play.Still shows the character they have to be up at three quarter time after the send offs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by redan_supporter

tige,

you might not know how the send off system works, just like the rest of the Sunbury crowd.

There was 13 reports, all umpires reported Mark Power and Dean Lupson and a couple of others. Even the emergency umpires got in the act.

Oh and by the way, was that you who come passed the umpires room calling out to them with a few expletives? If it was, I would be very careful If I were you, because the Umpires and the BFL and the cops could be after you.

That may be really harsh of me to say that but the anger was felt by all of us umpires who were there to support the guys who did a great job.

I am an umpire. I have every right to stick up for my colleagues.

IMO, I think that alcohol should be banned at all grounds. That will get rid of the louts in the crowd.

If you are a umpire then you should not be biased hence your Name (Redan_Supporter). You are a perfect example of the BFL mate completley biased towards the Ballarat sides, you guys hate Sunbury and the Melton Teams dominating your league. The fact is that the Ballarat League would be a shambles without Sunbury or the Melton sides.
If you think that it was fair with the amount of Sunbury guys getting sent of comparing to Redan your kidding your self, it was completly wrong how the game was umpired.
Listen buddy i wasnt the bloke who ran up and gave the umps a gob full i was watching everything from the stands. I am tipping that if you are a umpire in the Ballarat league you are struggling and might as well take up umpiring in Lawn Bowls, i wouldnt be telling to much people what you do could end up a little embarassing.
Fair to say that Redan did play football and won the game on there merits, i suppose there is only 1 thing Sunbury can claim on the game- they won there punch ups haha.
Oh and by the way i would almost be certain you wouldnt say anything about Power or Lupson to there face would you??? better of digging your grave than giving them bloke cheek.

cheers

If you are a umpire then you should not be biased hence your Name (Redan_Supporter). You are a perfect example of the BFL mate completley biased towards the Ballarat sides, you guys hate Sunbury and the Melton Teams dominating your league. The fact is that the Ballarat League would be a shambles without Sunbury or the Melton sides.
If you think that it was fair with the amount of Sunbury guys getting sent of comparing to Redan your kidding your self, it was completly wrong how the game was umpired.

2003 - interesting!!!

6 years later and nothing has changed. Will be good to see how far this new push gets the eastern bloc teams.

2003 - interesting!!!

6 years later and nothing has changed. Will be good to see how far this new push gets the eastern bloc teams.
KA, Wouldn't take this seriously as back in 2003 it looks like you were all arguing with a female goal umpire who gets picked up in a special bus if you know what i mean??? Not sure why she's put an alias redan supporter as she has zero to do with redan.

KA, Wouldn't take this seriously as back in 2003 it looks like you were all arguing with a female goal umpire who gets picked up in a special bus if you know what i mean??? Not sure why she's put an alias redan supporter as she has zero to do with redan.

I think it shows that most Umps in Ballarat will pick a side to favour. Lucky Redan in 03.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back