Rumour RedandBluemour - MFC board trade rumours 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

If we fall in the hole in 2021 lets send a blank cheque across to Ross Lyon

No. Let's let Adem Yze lead us to the promise land instead on cheap ass contract. 🤗

Exhume Norm Smith and get Jack Watts and Toump Ass to do a Weekend at Bernie's bit in the coaches box. Would probably lead to some more animation in the box than we get from Goody.

Wild hijinks would ensue, including at least 3 flags and appropriately loose benders to celebrate. Film it then sell it to a streaming platform as a doco/drama and make bank.

Exhume Norm Smith and get Jack Watts and Toump Ass to do a Weekend at Bernie's bit in the coaches box. Would probably lead to some more animation in the box than we get from Goody.

Wild hijinks would ensue, including at least 3 flags and appropriately loose benders to celebrate. Film it then sell it to a streaming platform as a doco/drama and make bank.

I've been saying that for years. Dig him up!

Alastair Clarkson was an untried coach. So was Damien Hardwick. And Paul Roos before joining Sydney
Bailey, Neeld, Roos, Goodwin

If we bomb next year the only coach in that list who could be hailed as a success was a proven coach

The word rabble doesn’t do this club justice

We have to go into voluntary administration to find the right people for jobs. 😂😂

If it wasn't so funny it would be sad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have to go into voluntary administration to find the right people for jobs. 😂😂

If it wasn't so funny it would be sad.
I’ve got close family members that tell me I’m too negative about my beloved Demons, I then point out that our last premiership coach died in the 70’s and the club have nearly won as many wooden spoons as had finals appearances in my life time without ever sniffing a flag, and thats without bringing up the last 15 years.

If we were a dog and the MFC were our owner the RSPCA would of removed us years ago

Confused why anyone would dislike Gawn or the podcast. Then I guess not everyone shares the same taste. I really enjoy it - I feel the hosts are more self-deprecating than egotistical. They are taking the piss out of themselves. And the Benny Gibson stuff is clearly a joke that he is in on, and rolls with. There aren’t that many club captains who have the personality to make this work. I’m a fan

Confused why anyone would dislike Gawn or the podcast. Then I guess not everyone shares the same taste. I really enjoy it - I feel the hosts are more self-deprecating than egotistical. They are taking the piss out of themselves. And the Benny Gibson stuff is clearly a joke that he is in on, and rolls with. There aren’t that many club captains who have the personality to make this work. I’m a fan

Agree to disagree but understand I'm taking a bit of a Demon Bhoy-esque position here so I'll stop discussing it.

why the fu** would he go to Carlton to play alongside Cripps? as close as identical as you can get. makes no sense to go there when he could pick 17 other clubs to go to if he actually wanted out

Probably cause the Carlton boards full of dumb campaigners.
Oliver ain't going to your sh*t house club

Bump! I copped a lot of flak on this board for simply asking if anyone has heard about oliver wanting to come to carlton. turns out he did...

Anyway congrats on your amazing start to the season. I can see why he has changed his mind and wants to stay with the way your boys are playing now. Hopefully you can stop the tigers this year and ill be very happy. Peace out.

Bump! I copped a lot of flak on this board for simply asking if anyone has heard about oliver wanting to come to carlton. turns out he did...

Anyway congrats on your amazing start to the season. I can see why he has changed his mind and wants to stay with the way your boys are playing now. Hopefully you can stop the tigers this year and ill be very happy. Peace out.
So you're calling Clayton a liar? He said in his interview with Clark, and on the MFC site that he never considered leaving.

Why are you so quick to just believe McClure? Confirmation bias perhaps? McClure hasn't said anything from what I can see beyond "they had a meeting". Did he see them? Did he hear what they talked about? Maybe they did meet but about something completely different.

No-one really knows except Oliver, and I guess Teague. You may in fact be right, but a 'look at me' segment from a journo is hardly definitive proof in this world of opinion-reported-as-fact.

Good bump.

I'm glad that we can now say categorically that Oliver was never entertaining leaving the Dee's. As stated by the individual

The rest is Journo trying to cover up the fact they ran with fake news...

I have it on my own authority that Teague was getting Clayton's insights on Oscar McDonald, Carlton's real target at the Dees last year.

But srs, maybe Oliver was a bit shitty after another mediocre year and was willing to hear an offer, but that's very different from actually taking it up. Players like him probably get messages from other clubs every time their contract is nearing the end.

This progressed further, but isn't some categorical proof he was (or is in future) going to leave. If he really did he'd announce it like every other campaigner looking for a move does as soon as trade week starts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back