Redbacks 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

They've brought Clint Mackay into the squad, so yeah you'd think so.

Always love seeing an underdog in the Shield final. If not for few injuries plus having to play Tom Cooper they could've been great. Love the look of their youngsters. Hopefully they can piss Cosgrove and Cooper off next year and give Smith, Jeff and Ross more opportunity.
Best of luck to them from a Tassie supporter :oops:
Got no show of getting rid of cosgrove anytime soon. The SACA only re recruited him to stop all the whinging about letting him go in the first place

Even if we don't win the Shield this year, there's excellent signs for the future of SA cricket. If our young squad can further improve, plus if you add Zampa, Richo & Fergie to the side, & not lose anyone to the national side and/or injury, then we could be tough to beat next summer & beyond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ideally you will lose people to the national setup, shows you're going well. Zampa hasn't been a big loss IMO, he's not a great First Class bowler yet.

Still think we will do enough in the next few days to win, but we'll have to change our batting lineup.

Also if Fergusion is going to be 100% commited to helping us go one better next summer, then he MUST give up playing in the stupid BBBL, that comp has clearly done more bad than good for Shield cricket.

Also if Fergusion is going to be 100% commited to helping us go one better next summer, then he MUST give up playing in the stupid BBBL, that comp has clearly done more bad than good for Shield cricket.
Is the extra B for BYOBB?

It's Bloody Big Bash League. I'll be boycotting that comp completely (not even watch on TV), & I recommend fellow Redbacks fans do the same.
Not just Redbacks mate. I hate it also. It does do more harm to Shield cricket than good.

It's Bloody Big Bash League. I'll be boycotting that comp completely (not even watch on TV), & I recommend fellow Redbacks fans do the same.
Hmmm, nah.

Boycotting it won't do any good. It's here to stay, whether you like it or not so you should just get used to it.

Nope, I stand corrected. The Redbacks winning the Shield would be much, much better for cricket in SA than some franchise winning some 'hit & giggle' comp. the Shield to Australian cricket is like the FA Cup to England, such a rich history that some shorter format has none of.

Nope, I stand corrected. The Redbacks winning the Shield would be much, much better for cricket in SA than some franchise winning some 'hit & giggle' comp. the Shield to Australian cricket is like the FA Cup to England, such a rich history that some shorter format has none of.
Of course it would be. However, T20 cricket is current the most popular form of cricket, especially for kids and it's here to stay whether people like it or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back