Redbacks 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know but you'd take a batsman who makes 1st innings runs ahead of 2nd innings runs every day of the week

Interesting to note Ferguson's scores this season:
1st Inns: 0, 4, 33, 0, 45.
2nd Inns: 36, 182*, 88, 94, 59.

1st Inns runs: 82 @ 16.40
2nd Inns runs: 459 @ 114.75

In every match he scored more runs in the 2nd Innings.

Warne very deceptively tall too, one of the most surprising things when seeing him away from a cricket field.

I can confirm this.

From memory he was about 5'10 or so when I met him in 2004 as a teenager (I was 5'8 or 5'9 at the time), which for an Australian is average or just above average height. He's taller than he looks from a distance - maybe because of his fairly stocky build.

Definitely not 183cm (6'0) though, unlike what his Cricinfo profile says.

Smith and Sayers out, Ferguson and Valente in. Andrews still in the 12.

Dalton a bit lucky. He and Cooper will be under the pump when Head returns.

Surprised we keep going back to Valente. Doesn't look all that penetrating the times I've seen him.

Smith and Sayers out, Ferguson and Valente in. Andrews still in the 12.

Dalton a bit lucky. He and Cooper will be under the pump when Head returns.

Surprised we keep going back to Valente. Doesn't look all that penetrating the times I've seen him.

Has Valente bowled with the duke ball before? I feel like he'd have a decent outswinger.

Has Valente bowled with the duke ball before? I feel like he'd have a decent outswinger.
He played a game at Glenelg last year with the Duke and didn't do anything. I guess it takes a little while to get used to. Seems like he's seen as a like for like replacement for Sayers

Loving our talent coming through.

Weatherald, Carey, Sayers, Nielsen, Head, Lehmann, Winter, Zampa, Richardson all with enough talent to play for Australia across the 3 formats.
Ferguson, Mennie, Cooper, Worrall are quality senior FC players.
Pope, Page, Smith, Andrews, Grant, Ross all talented youngsters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting to see the lineup for the next match with Head, Carey, Zampa and Richardson available. Cooper once again making runs when he's on the cusp of being dropped means he stays in the side. Dalton would have to be close to being dropped but then who opens? Possibly one way Nielsen can stay in the side but not sure he has the technique to do so.

What I would go with:
1. Weatherald
2. Dalton
3. Ferguson
4. Head
5. Lehmann
6. Cooper
7. Carey
8. Mennie
9. Zampa
10. Winter
11. Worrall

Have heard a whisper that the Vics may make a play for both Richardson and Ross next season

No great losses. I don't think Ross is much of a First Class player, defence isn't solid enough. Richo isn't in the best XI but is good to have when others aren't available.

No great losses. I don't think Ross is much of a First Class player, defence isn't solid enough. Richo isn't in the best XI but is good to have when others aren't available.

The Strikers might take them back but not a huge loss for first class.

The Richardson leaving rumours were around last year too.

Will be interesting to see the lineup for the next match with Head, Carey, Zampa and Richardson available. Cooper once again making runs when he's on the cusp of being dropped means he stays in the side. Dalton would have to be close to being dropped but then who opens? Possibly one way Nielsen can stay in the side but not sure he has the technique to do so.

What I would go with:
1. Weatherald
2. Dalton
3. Ferguson
4. Head
5. Lehmann
6. Cooper
7. Carey
8. Mennie
9. Zampa
10. Winter
11. Worrall

Carey opening and Nielsen keeping? Carey is far superior at keeping though.

Have heard a whisper that the Vics may make a play for both Richardson and Ross next season
Richardson probably due to Siddle's age but I would have thought Sutherland and Coleman would get a chance to stake their claims as well. Ross? Probably due to the likely retirement of White, and you never know if someone like Maxwell or Finch decides to chase money on the T20 circuit. Overall hope that we get Richo but I'm not convinced about Ross honestly.

Toughest selection of the season. We went with 4 quicks, no spinner in Adelaide last time. Do we got that way again now that Head is back?

Is Zampa a walk up start in a 4 dayer?

Would be nice to have Richo in there as well as Mennie, Worrall, Winter.

Is this our opportunity to get Carey up the order? Or is that too much of an ask to open in a 4 day game?

Dalton may survive by default.

Toughest selection of the season. We went with 4 quicks, no spinner in Adelaide last time. Do we got that way again now that Head is back?

Is Zampa a walk up start in a 4 dayer?

Would be nice to have Richo in there as well as Mennie, Worrall, Winter.

Is this our opportunity to get Carey up the order? Or is that too much of an ask to open in a 4 day game?

Dalton may survive by default.

I've been pushing for a while to play 5 bowlers especially at AO with Mennie (or Zampa back when he looked good with the bat) to bat at 7. Mennie has batting form but it's hard to drop anymore batsmen with Head returning. Could Head open like in the short forms?

Weatherald
Head
Ferguson
Lehmann
Cooper
Carey
Mennie
Zampa
Richardson
Worrall
Winter

Remember when Kane Richardson batted 3? Chuck him in to open. But seriously Mennie at 7 could work but it'd obviously mean that Dalton would need to be dropped. Cooper has failed time and time again opening so Head would be the only option.

Cooper can open.

I think Cooper's technique has gotten lazier and lazier and while it's helped him in the shorter forms I'm not sure he should open.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back