State Redbacks

Remove this Banner Ad

Odog

Team Captain
May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
With 4 games to go it’s time to get Carey up the order, give Pope game time and give up on Richo.

My team for the next game

Weatherald
Cooper
Ferguson
Head
Lehmann
Carey
Nielsen
Winter or Mennie
Sayers
Worrall
Pope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Odog

Team Captain
May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Would almost open with Carey instead of Cooper. Or drop Weatherald, he's barely made a run.

Could be an option. We have talent in Carey and Nielsen that should both bat ahead of Macca and Kelvin Smith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crashy

Cancelled
Dec 31, 2018
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Adelaide Strikers
Carey will be in India for the odi series

Nielsen the obvious replacement

Winter took 8 in the first innings in the futures league so he is a lock. Mcinerneey didn't bat in the second innings so he might out too.

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
They'll just keep picking the same batsmen as they have for the last 5 years and expect that to magically start working. Or give Kelvin Smith another crack... he's our Jono Wells, can't score a run at Shield level but just dominates everything under that so you have to keep giving him opportunites.

Surely there's nothing to lose giving someone like Jake Winter or Davis a crack, I know it won't happen though. And aren't Zampa and Richardson both in the ODI squad? Blessing in disguise if ever there was one.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Reckon we'll play five batters, Carey, four quicks and a spinner.

Weatherald
McInerney
Ferguson
Cooper
Lehmann
Carey
Mennie
Winter
Worrall
Sayers
Pope

All the batters in waiting blew their chance in the 2nd XI game. None of them are better than Cooper or McInerney anyway.

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
Reckon we'll play five batters, Carey, four quicks and a spinner.

Weatherald
McInerney
Ferguson
Cooper
Lehmann
Carey
Mennie
Winter
Worrall
Sayers
Pope

All the batters in waiting blew their chance in the 2nd XI game. None of them are better than Cooper or McInerney anyway.

Carey is out isn't he? You're probably right about the balance of the side but it's just so stupid considering we just can't make runs, Winter looks our best batsman half the time (should bat above Mennie). And I'm expecting Cooper to go back to his usual self and average 10 in the 2nd half of the season.

t_94

Premiership Player
May 6, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Alex Carey is developing in to in to the biggest myth in Australian cricket. Averages 29.43 from 53 innings. 2 hundreds. Has talent but needs to do more.

Crashy

Cancelled
Dec 31, 2018
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Adelaide Strikers
Alex Carey is developing in to in to the biggest myth in Australian cricket. Averages 29.43 from 53 innings. 2 hundreds. Has talent but needs to do more.

More hundreds than Paine and same average, not bad for someone that was playing football in his late teens. Agreed though does need to do more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Zero wins from 6 games. You don't mess around with that sort of form.

MGtm.gif

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
He’s a professional cricketer, he’d want to get better at code switching pretty quickly.
He's a teenage wrist spinner

Even four day cricket is brand new for him this season. Steep learning curve for him at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back