State Redbacks

Remove this Banner Ad

Odog

Team Captain
May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Would be awesome for Brazell, McInerney and Kelly to be involved in a win and have something positive for next year. Hats off to the SACA for finally removing Carder, putting Manenti up the order and backing in local players. Will take time but worth continuing with some of these kids and give them a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

t_94

Premiership Player
May 6, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Would be awesome for Brazell, McInerney and Kelly to be involved in a win and have something positive for next year. Hats off to the SACA for finally removing Carder, putting Manenti up the order and backing in local players. Will take time but worth continuing with some of these kids and give them a chance.

I’m not trying to be unkind to inexperienced blokes having a crack, but it’s not clear to me that Mcinerney or Brazell are better players than carder. If they fail the first half of next season you’ll just be back here potting them.

I’m not trying to be unkind to inexperienced blokes having a crack, but it’s not clear to me that Mcinerney or Brazell are better players than carder. If they fail the first half of next season you’ll just be back here potting them.
McInerney has had plenty of chances tbf

Odog

Team Captain
May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

I’d rather us lose playing local players then continuing to recycle surplus players from other states

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
Why? Doesn’t make much difference. McAndrew and McSweeney were from other states and now our two best players.
I've never had a problem with them playing players from other states. We have a long history of this over the years, some of whom have been very successful. I think what gets up people's nose on occasion is a player from interstate seem to get more chances than the local product when they are failing.

Odog

Team Captain
May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well done. Will be a few players getting the Gatorade shower I reckon.

Too early to say congratulations on a career to Lehmann ?

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
Carey aside (only 2 matches), Redbacks only had two batsmen with averages above 30 for the season. McSweeney 40.11 & Manenti 38.06. Tom Kelly was 3rd with 28.83. The paucity of batting in Australian 1st class cricket right now should be a cause for concern. Are pitches being made too bowler friendly? Certainly, the pitch in Tassie looked more like a bowling green.

Only 6 centuries for the season, McSweeney contributed three of those. Hunt, Lehmann and Fraser-McGurk were the others. Harry Nielson had a handy year as Carey's backup, 440 runs @ 27.50, 35 catches and 1 stumping.

The pacemen had good seasons, McAndrew 48 wickets @ 18.58, Doggett 32 wickets (21.91), Agar 26 (26.54), Buckingham 25 (25.52). Manenti's batting is good but not much return with the ball, 13 wickets @ 64.31.

I don't know what plan the Redbacks have for the future, but I am bereft of ideas on what they can do to improve. Fraser-McGurk has obvious weaknesses that he could easily improve upon, I'm just not sure he wants to. Where to for Lehmann? Did his usual trick of coming home with a string of scores, but will it be enough to survive this time?

If Lehmann goes, who becomes captain? Today's win was nice to have, but to me it felt like painting over rust. Where to from here?

hugecannon

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
Carey aside (only 2 matches), Redbacks only had two batsmen with averages above 30 for the season. McSweeney 40.11 & Manenti 38.06. Tom Kelly was 3rd with 28.83. The paucity of batting in Australian 1st class cricket right now should be a cause for concern. Are pitches being made too bowler friendly? Certainly, the pitch in Tassie looked more like a bowling green.

Only 6 centuries for the season, McSweeney contributed three of those. Hunt, Lehmann and Fraser-McGurk were the others. Harry Nielson had a handy year as Carey's backup, 440 runs @ 27.50, 35 catches and 1 stumping.

The pacemen had good seasons, McAndrew 48 wickets @ 18.58, Doggett 32 wickets (21.91), Agar 26 (26.54), Buckingham 25 (25.52). Manenti's batting is good but not much return with the ball, 13 wickets @ 64.31.

I don't know what plan the Redbacks have for the future, but I am bereft of ideas on what they can do to improve. Fraser-McGurk has obvious weaknesses that he could easily improve upon, I'm just not sure he wants to. Where to for Lehmann? Did his usual trick of coming home with a string of scores, but will it be enough to survive this time?

If Lehmann goes, who becomes captain? Today's win was nice to have, but to me it felt like painting over rust. Where to from here?
A couple of top order batsman and a spinner would be handy.

Maybe Kuhnemann from QLD who’s stuck behind Swepson despite being preferred to him in India and maybe Kurtis Patterson who hasn’t had a look in all year and has been a quality batsman in the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back